2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ360 wrote: View Post
    Michael Kidd-Gilchrist 24 points & 19 rebounds today vs Louisville.

That's the kind of player the raps need.
    MKG is certainly raising his game as the year goes on. Also in big games (i.e. vs top teams or on national television) he seems to just go off.

Don't forget Anthony Davis in this game 18 points (3-4 fg, 12-13 ft), 10 rebs, 3 stl, 6 blks. He finished with 3 fouls after picking up his 2nd in the first half and sitting for about the final 10-12 mins of the first.

Comment

• It will be Interesting to see how the draft shakes out. Right now most draft boards have davis as no. 1 and MKG falls between 8-15, so unless MKG stock rises a lot, or the raps win more games than expected, they probably won't end up drafting low enough for gilchrist...

Its interesting, Chad Ford posted on his twitter feed that he felt MKG was the best player on Kentucky, but that Davis was the better prospect even though both are only 18. Wonder how he projects one to improve more than the other in the long-term.

Comment

• I loved Kidd-Gilchrist in the Louisville game. He is a "hard" player, but really knows how to play and has good skills. I think that he looks like he might turn into a Pippen sort of player. I think he'd be a great SF pick-up, but if he keeps playing like this he'll be off the board in the first 3 picks.

Comment

It will be Interesting to see how the draft shakes out. Right now most draft boards have davis as no. 1 and MKG falls between 8-15, so unless MKG stock rises a lot, or the raps win more games than expected, they probably won't end up drafting low enough for gilchrist...

Its interesting, Chad Ford posted on his twitter feed that he felt MKG was the best player on Kentucky, but that Davis was the better prospect even though both are only 18. Wonder how he projects one to improve more than the other in the long-term.
          Post 583 (ESPN NEXT article) gives a good indication why Chad Ford thinks that way.

At this time, I would take MKG over Barnes. My big board for SF/wings is looking like this:

MKG
          Miller (if no issues with knee in medical)
          Barnes

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Post 583 (ESPN NEXT article) gives a good indication why Chad Ford thinks that way.

At this time, I would take MKG over Barnes. My big board for SF/wings is looking like this:

MKG
            Miller (if no issues with knee in medical)
            Barnes
            I agree with this ranking of SFs.

Based purely on the Louisville game I can see how Davis would be more highly ranked than MKG. His inside presence on D completely shut down Louisville in the 2nd half, and he was dominant in the paint on offence. I think it's a matter of a top-grade big having more impact than a top-grade wing. If they are both on the board then it would be hard to take MKG over Davis, mostly because MKG doesn't have a transcendent offensive game. But it is hard not to see MKG as a big-time player on both ends of the court. As I noted above, he looks like a really "hard" player, and I think he'll be a dynamic and reliable franchise leader that would make everyone else on the team more accountable and better. He would be an ideal addition to the Raptors franchise.

Comment

• Updated NBAdraft.net projected Lottery: Toronto is 11th???

nbadraft.net

Washington is 1st, NJ is 2nd and Charlotte is 3rd.

Surprises: Dallas is 4th, Toronto is 11th????
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
                nbadraft.net

Washington is 1st, NJ is 2nd and Charlotte is 3rd.

Surprises: Dallas is 4th, Toronto is 11th????
                NBADraft.net bases the draft on current standings. Toronto was third worst because of their record last year. Obviously they have updated their selection order due to the Raptors being 2-3 and 11th worse... or 19th best! (glass half full)

Comment

• Time to panic, the Raptors are slipping out of the lottery. They will be doomed to the dreaded cycle of mediocrity.

Actually I'm rather enjoying mediocrity.

Comment

• Chad Ford on who's is better, Harrison Barnes or MKG:

That's a tough one. Kidd-Gilchrist is one of my favorite players because he impacts the game in so many ways because of his energy and athleticism. But Barnes is such a polished scorer. If Barnes played as hard as Gilchrist or was as good of an athlete, he'd be the next Kobe. But until Gilchrist gets a consistent jumper (though he's gotten much better) I can't find scouts willing to put him ahead of Barnes. Barnes best comp right now might be Danny Granger. Gilchrist is Gerald Wallace.
                    http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...ider-chad-ford

Comment

Chad Ford on who's is better, Harrison Barnes or MKG:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...ider-chad-ford
                      I like the comparison. Assuming this new Bargnani is here to stay, give me MKG (over Barnes or Miller).

Comment

• Want MKG so bad
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Now that DD has found his 3point shot I'm less worried about having that ability in a SF.

Comment

• it would be better though, having 2 wing players that can shoot and also take it to the rack.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              it would be better though, having 2 wing players that can shoot and also take it to the rack.
                              Totally agree! Jeremy Lamb to the rack or how about a rack of Lamb? He's high on my board.
                              Last edited by stretch; Thu Jan 5, 2012, 09:33 PM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                                Totally agree! Jeremy Lamb to the rack or how about a rack of Lamb? He's high on my board.
                                I think we will get Lamb if he drops to 10-13th pick.
                                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                                X