• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Potential raptor picks playing in big tournament games

Jeremy Lamb vs DePaul 12:00 pm

Damian Lillard vs Portland State 7:30 pm
    Moe Harkless from St. John is a player I've heard some great things about and will be playing today against Pitt. He's a 6' 8" SF that is averaging 15 & 8 and though very raw is a great young prospect I hope the Raptors take a look at him to possibly pick up with their second round pick (if he lasts that long). Maurice is a stat sheet stuffer.

Comment

• Myck Kabongo

I just watched a small montage on Kabongo on TheScore.

First, I didn't realize his name is pronounced "Mike".

Second, coach Barnes said Kabongo's got a lot to learn, but it was the same situation with Ford, Augustine, and Durant. It's just the growing pains of a young, talented player. Nothing to be concerned about. Barnes also said that Kabongo is sometimes too fast for his own good, to the point that he's unable to see everything around him (similar to driving 70 mph through New York City....you'll miss a lot). He just needs to slow his pace down, and let the game come to him.

Lastly, Kabongo seems to be a very hard worker, and takes criticism well. He constantly works to improve, spends a lot of time in the gym with coaches, and generally seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

If Kabongo declares for the draft, it just seems like a natural fit he ends up in Toronto.
      Last edited by Nilanka; Tue Mar 6, 2012, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• According to RaptorsHQ, Colangelo is in New York today to get an up-close look at Jeremy Lamb.

http://www.raptorshq.com/2012/3/6/28...ss-at-big-east

Comment

• I like lamb. He's not my first choice, but he could play 2/3 and certainly upgrade our offense. I wouldn't be unhappy if he was our pick.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            According to RaptorsHQ, Colangelo is in New York today to get an up-close look at Jeremy Lamb.

http://www.raptorshq.com/2012/3/6/28...ss-at-big-east
            Sweet! I was hoping that Moe was on their radar.

Comment

• Jeremy Lamb 25Pts 4Ast 5Reb 10-17 FG 3-6 3FG 2-4 FT

Good game but seem like he relied to much on his Jumpshot. His jumpshot was falling though.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Beal being drafted would create an awesome shooting guard combo for us, whether it be Beal or Lamb, they could play the sixth man like a James Harden or OJ Mayo, and we could be wing thrived..

Don't forget James Johnson started in the playoffs in the 09-10 season, and he produced well for Chicago, so I have no question he can be our small forward moving forward.

Aaron Gray and Valanciunas at centre doesn't seem bad one bit, seems very traditional and can make us a better team all-around.

Bargnani with Ed/Amir is going to be good as well..

Real gaping hole is the point guard for the future, whether Calderon stays or not, and if we believe Bayless will stay after this season, we need a future point guard prospect whether it be free agency or draft, we need a prospect soon.

IMO, draft BPA (preferably a wing player, Barnes, MKG moreover) and a point guard.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  Sweet! I was hoping that Moe was on their radar.
                  He is certainly putting on a show for anyone scouting him.

First I'd heard of him was today. He looks impressive but at this stage in his development he appears to be a wing who can't shoot but does a lot of other great things - don't we already have a couple of them?

Comment

• You can never have enough, Matt!
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Jeremy Lamb 25Pts 4Ast 5Reb 10-17 FG 3-6 3FG 2-4 FT

Good game but seem like he relied to much on his Jumpshot. His jumpshot was falling though.
                      He's more of a jump shooter, but his stroke is pure and I think once they start working out he will probably be seen as the top shooter in the draft

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        I just watched a small montage on Kabongo on TheScore.

First, I didn't realize his name is pronounced "Mike".

Second, coach Barnes said Kabongo's got a lot to learn, but it was the same situation with Ford, Augustine, and Durant. It's just the growing pains of a young, talented player. Nothing to be concerned about. Barnes also said that Kabongo is sometimes too fast for his own good, to the point that he's unable to see everything around him (similar to driving 70 mph through New York City....you'll miss a lot). He just needs to slow his pace down, and let the game come to him.

Lastly, Kabongo seems to be a very hard worker, and takes criticism well. He constantly works to improve, spends a lot of time in the gym with coaches, and generally seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

If Kabongo declares for the draft, it just seems like a natural fit he ends up in Toronto.
                        You could indeed be right, but where do you take him? Drafting Myck in the top 10 is a HUGE stretch, even though he is a talented kid.

Comment

• Jonathan Givony ‏ @DraftExpress
                          Moe Harkless' last game for St. John's was definitely memorable. He's gone, and judging by the NBA people here, he'll be well received.

Interesting.

Comment

• Moe Harkless 25Pts 9Rebs 2Ast 10-16 FG 1-2 3FG 4-4 FT

Looked really smoove. I think he'll go back to school though.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Harkless is essentially Trevor Ariza - Thin swingman who can be a difference on the defensive end, and can chip in offensively.

Comment

Moe Harkless 25Pts 9Rebs 2Ast 10-16 FG 1-2 3FG 4-4 FT

Looked really smoove. I think he'll go back to school though.

I don't think it is a foregone conclusion:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/ncb/stor...ring-nba-draft

Comment

Working...
                                X