2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Harkless is essentially Trevor Ariza - Thin swingman who can be a difference on the defensive end, and can chip in offensively.
    Ariza has range though.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Ariza has range though.
      Definitely. Most of Harkless' points come from in the paint simply because he's not that good from the perimeter.

Comment

• Keep in mind that he is only 18 and as a freshman he is St. John's best player. He does so many things other than just score though.

Comment

• Damian Lillard 22Pts 4Ast 2Rebs 4TO 4Stl 6-14 FG 1-4 3FG 9-10 FT

His a type of player that can make a run like Seth Curry did in college. That's why I hope Weber State gets into the big dance
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• sleepz wrote: View Post
            You could indeed be right, but where do you take him? Drafting Myck in the top 10 is a HUGE stretch, even though he is a talented kid.
            I definitely wouldn't use a top-10 pick on him. I'm hoping Colangelo can find a taker for Barbosa which brings back a pick in the 20-30 range.

Comment

• Haven't been keeping up with this thread, but wanted to mention that it looks like MKG is leaning toward staying another year at Kentucky. He also mentions that most players that say that toward the end of the season change their minds once they realize how high they could be picked, but that'd be a real blow to the pool of available wings in the draft.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog/...-return-school

Comment

• Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                Haven't been keeping up with this thread, but wanted to mention that it looks like MKG is leaning toward staying another year at Kentucky. He also mentions that most players that say that toward the end of the season change their minds once they realize how high they could be picked, but that'd be a real blow to the pool of available wings in the draft.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog/...-return-school
                When people mention this...i say take it with a grain of salt. Two good examples last year Derrick Williams said he return, even after Arizons was ousted in the tournament. But he declared...Tristan Thompson already registered for classes for the next year at Texas, but ended up declaring.

On the flip side, Barnes and Sullinger returned to school even though they were both locks for the lottery.
                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                  When people mention this...i say take it with a grain of salt. Two good examples last year Derrick Williams said he return, even after Arizons was ousted in the tournament. But he declared...Tristan Thompson already registered for classes for the next year at Texas, but ended up declaring.

On the flip side, Barnes and Sullinger returned to school even though they were both locks for the lottery.
                  I think Barnes and Sullinger's decisions had more to do with the impending lockout, than anything else.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I think Barnes and Sullinger's decisions had more to do with the impending lockout, than anything else.
                    Agreed. The only players I see staying are those on the bubble for the lottery and those on the bubble for the 1st round, if they think they can improve their stock next season in a presumably weaker draft than this one.

My personal top 3 draft choices for the Raps right now, before the start of March Madness tourney, are Barnes, MKG and Beal.

IF the Raps were to win the draft lottery, it would make for some crazy discussion here on RR leading up to the draft! With a glut of PF already (at least 1 needs to go as is) and JV projecting to be more defensive than offensive, there would be many options open to the Raptors when it comes to drafting Davis. "What to do if the Raps win the lottery" would be an interesting thread to start!

Comment

• My big board looks like this as of now:

Davis
                      MKG
                      Beal
                      Lamb
                      Miller
                      Marshall
                      Kabongo

Guys like Sullinger, Barnes and whatshisface out of uconn don't interest me at all. The only big other than Davis that i like is Robinson but i feel like our other needs have to be addressed over him.
                      Last edited by ceez; Wed Mar 7, 2012, 01:36 PM.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Drafting Robinson would allow for moving Andrea which could address such needs. For example a Andrea for Rondo swap. Rondo throwing alley oops to Ronbinson and JV would make a few hilight reels... if you're into that.

Comment

• Chad Ford chat tidbits

TomA (Sacramento, CA)

Does Michael Kidd-Gilchrist end up staying in school like he has been saying or do you think he'll be talked/convinced to come out? Feel he'd be a great fit for the Kings, IF they pick in the top 3.

Chad Ford (1:43 PM)

I think he stays. He's a different kind of kid. Likes school. Wants to get better. Lots of teams want him including the Kings. He's now No. 2 on our Big Board.

Ryan (New Zealand)

Myck Kabongo- staying or going?

Chad Ford (1:45 PM)

Needs to stay. Good player. Needs another year.

Matt (DC)

After Anthony Davis, who is the best big in this draft? Still Drummond?

Chad Ford (1:46 PM)

Drummond has the most upside because of the size + physical tools. I'm a pretty big Thomas Robinson fan personally. Hard to see how a guy that strong and who plays with that much heart can fail.

Dave (Florida)

I know Bradley Beal is highly rated, but is really going to leave after one season? As a Gator fan, I would love to have him one more year.

Chad Ford (1:49 PM)

He might stay. But he's going to be a Top 10 pick -- mostly based on what he did in high school, not what he's done as a freshman. He waits another year and doesn't produce ... he slides. I don't think that Florida team was a great fit for him. I think he's much better in the NBA. He already has a NBA body and a NBA game.

Jaime (Green Bay)

Which player has the most to gain from the NCAA Tourney (much like Kemba last year)?
                          Chad Ford (1:55 PM)

A few top prospects like Andre Drummond, Harrison Barnes, Perry Jones just haven't wowed anyone. A huge run in the tournament would change that ...
                          http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/42817

Comment

• Jeremy Lamb 22Pts 8Rebs 1Ast 9-16 FG 3-8 3FG 1-1 FT

Came away really impressed with Jeremy Lamb after thus game. He was creating off the bounce and didn't just settle for jumpshots. At ending moments of the game hit a huge 3 to push his team a head.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Damian Lillard 29Pts 10Rebs 8Ast 4TO 1Stl 1Blk 11-23 FG 2-8 3FG 5-6 FT

Huge game for Damian but, couldn't punch that ticket to the dance. I don't think they will be selected on Sunday. This may as well been his last game as college player. I hope its not I would really love to catch in NCAA Tourney.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Fibally got to see Lillard actually play and wow I was impressed
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X