Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    Fibally got to see Lillard actually play and wow I was impressed
    chadfordinsider Chad Ford Damian Lillard's season may be over, but his 29 pts, 10 reb, 7 assts impressed scouts again. I think he'll be a Top 10 pick in the NBA Draft
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• My board would include (not in order):
      Barnes
      Beal
      Lillard
      Davis is only really in the discussion if we get the first overall so I dont really include him until we win the draft.

On the bubble:
      Marshall - if has found a shot
      Lamb - I keep thinking he will snap in two

For a later 1st pick:
      Kabongo

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        chadfordinsider Chad Ford Damian Lillard's season may be over, but his 29 pts, 10 reb, 7 assts impressed scouts again. I think he'll be a Top 10 pick in the NBA Draft
        I hope he falls off the radar a little so we can nab with a later pick.

Comment

• Raptors flirting with a selecting in the bottom half othe top 10

The Raptors have 13 wins and are part of a four-way tie for 4th worst with New Jersey, Sacramento, and Detroit.

Directly ahead is Cleveland with 14 wins and Golden State and Milwaukee with 15 wins. Charlotte, New Orleans, and Washington are below with 5, 9, and 9 wins respectively.

The Raptors have 27 games remaining. Of those games 11 are against New Jersey, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Detroit, Charlotte, and Washington.

My point? When the ping pong balls are allocated the Raptors could be looking at having the 3rd pick or the 10th. This, of course, is without arguably their best player in Bargnani who is due to return soon.

The bottom of the standings are very much like the race for the playoffs in the west with 2 wins separating 3rd seed and 9th place.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            The Raptors have 27 games remaining. Of those games 11 are against New Jersey, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Detroit, Charlotte, and Washington.

My point? When the ping pong balls are allocated the Raptors could be looking at having the 3rd pick or the 10th. This, of course, is without arguably their best player in Bargnani who is due to return soon.

The bottom of the standings are very much like the race for the playoffs in the west with 2 wins separating 3rd seed and 9th place.
            Except for Davis, it's far from a foregone conclusion than any other prospect is that much better than the prospect which will be picked after him.

My point? It's gonna be a real crap shoot to determine who is the best player available if you're not picking first.

I believe the team is better served by trying to win as many of the remaining games as possible and not worry at all about the ping pong balls.

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
              Except for Davis, it's far from a foregone conclusion than any other prospect is that much better than the prospect which will be picked after him.

My point? It's gonna be a real crap shoot to determine who is the best player available if you're not picking first.

I believe the team is better served by trying to win as many of the remaining games as possible and not worry at all about the ping pong balls.
              No doubt. There are six wings out there that I would be happy with and no doubt at least one will be available (assuming they all declare) anywhere between 4 and 10:

Miller, Lamb, Beal, Barnes, Kidd-Gilchrist, Ross (not in order of preference).

Comment

• As a confirmed hopeful of a bad record for the Raps but with a show of progress especially on the defensive side I must admit that lately I have been having second thoughts. The team plays so hard and the coach is so engaged in every game I am starting to feel guilty hoping for that "close loss". As with last night I want them to win the hard fought game. The team has actually exceeded my expectations. And this without Bargs for most of the season and a nodoubter as far as Iam concerned that BC rented many players precisely to have a bad year. Dont think even he figured he had hired a coach to lead the team in the manner he has so far. A quandary. The only way now that BC can "salvage" a high pick is to trade off some of the core players by the 15th.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                  The only way now that BC can "salvage" a high pick is to trade off some of the core players by the 15th.
                  Orrrr, he can pull a Tonya Harding on Bargnani's mending calf

Comment

• if we choose lower than 6 you choose Miller or Jones.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      if we choose lower than 6 you choose Miller or Jones.
                      Actually if the Raptors are picking 10 and Perry Jones III is still on the board, that becomes an interesting proposition but, for me, only if you thought he could be a wing at the NBA level. If he is destined to be a PF, no thank you - just my opinion, of course.

Comment

• I know it was mentioned before, but what would peoples thoughts be if we got, say 4th or 5th pick, and traded down to get both of Utahs? They will both be around 10 - 15 range. I saw some Jazz fans who wanted to do this as they already have a lot of young players.
                        Thoughts?

Comment

• If you can get Perry Jones III with the 9 or lower that great value. Btw he plays today at 12:30 big 12 tourney and the Jeremy Lamb showcase continue now big east tourney
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• i would take terrence jones over PJ3
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Hello wrote: View Post
                              I know it was mentioned before, but what would peoples thoughts be if we got, say 4th or 5th pick, and traded down to get both of Utahs? They will both be around 10 - 15 range. I saw some Jazz fans who wanted to do this as they already have a lot of young players.
                              Thoughts?
                              I would seriously consider it. There seems to be a solid group of players between 10 and 15 (e.g. Lamb, Beal, Lillard, Jones, Miller, Marshall, etc.). I'd be pretty psyched about landing any two of these guys.

Comment

• Hello wrote: View Post
                                I know it was mentioned before, but what would peoples thoughts be if we got, say 4th or 5th pick, and traded down to get both of Utahs? They will both be around 10 - 15 range. I saw some Jazz fans who wanted to do this as they already have a lot of young players.
                                Thoughts?
                                Like Casey said after the Houston game last night, they have enough young guys. I don't think having 3 first round picks (JV and 2 of Utah) will be happening in Toronto. Although if they can get the player they want, say Lamb or Beal at 11, and then trade the other pick in a package for an established player, that would be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X