No announcement yet.

Everything EuroBasket 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's amazing how far Lithuania has come despite having no one on the team among the leaders in any statistical category.

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
      It's amazing how far Lithuania has come despite having no one on the team among the leaders in any statistical category.
      Well, that's less amazing if you consider that their player with the most minutes/game (25,4 for Jasaitis) is only 64th on the list of minutes/game.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
        It's actually quite relevant. Opinions have varying degrees of value based on the knowledge, experience, etc. of those who hold them.
        I wasn't aware that I must present a basketball resume to post here. My apologies for the sarcasm. I still don't think it should matter, but OK here it is: I played from when I was 12 years old until just before I was 50 which was a while ago (I'm old) with a few years off during my tree hugging stage. The highest level that I played at was one year of riding the pine at the post secondary level (in the US).

This resume does not stack up to some here, I'm sure, but I am informed none the less, more than some less than others perhaps, because of my continuing interest. I never played football but I have followed Notre Dame football since I moved to South Bend in 1966 and despite not having played the sport and moving away from Indiana I have informed opinions about that also (don't get me started about Saturdays loss to UCF).

I respect Sam Mitchell because he wanted to win games in the worse way. He had grit when he played, his team had grit when he coached. He was impatient with young players and because of that reputation it's going to be a tough job market as most vacancies are with teams building with draft picks. I hope he gets another chance.

How's that for further hijacking this thread on Eurobasket?

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
          It's amazing how far Lithuania has come despite having no one on the team among the leaders in any statistical category.
          yes, amazing rotation. noone plays more than 25 minutes, and noone averages more than 13 points.

They would make tops tens in shooting accuracy, but there is a min amount of shots to make it.. and they don't make it because of rotation
          Last edited by irgigi; Thu Sep 8, 2011, 03:34 AM.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
            I wasn't aware that I must present a basketball resume to post here. My apologies for the sarcasm. I still don't think it should matter, but OK here it is: I played from when I was 12 years old until just before I was 50 which was a while ago (I'm old) with a few years off during my tree hugging stage. The highest level that I played at was one year of riding the pine at the post secondary level (in the US).

This resume does not stack up to some here, I'm sure, but I am informed none the less, more than some less than others perhaps, because of my continuing interest. I never played football but I have followed Notre Dame football since I moved to South Bend in 1966 and despite not having played the sport and moving away from Indiana I have informed opinions about that also (don't get me started about Saturdays loss to UCF).

I respect Sam Mitchell because he wanted to win games in the worse way. He had grit when he played, his team had grit when he coached. He was impatient with young players and because of that reputation it's going to be a tough job market as most vacancies are with teams building with draft picks. I hope he gets another chance.

How's that for further hijacking this thread on Eurobasket?
            Hahah, you stack up just fine Stretch. I don't care what sort of experience people have posting/talking basketball.
            As long as they make valid points and take the time to back them up, then I am all for a discussion.

As for Sam Mitchell, well, I agree 100% with you on that one. He'll resurface sooner rather than later.

Haha And your hijacking skills are top notch.

Comment

• Jonas highlights vs. Serbia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Bun...layer_embedded

Most impressive is 2:44 - 2:48.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Jonas highlights vs. Serbia.

That one clip is very impressive. A little blatant, but impressive nonetheless.

I do like the bounce pass he did near the end. I was watching the stream when it happened and wasn't sure it was him that made the pass (they never showed a replay or mentioned it) but it apparently was. It's one play, but it's something I'd like to see more of. Good court vision.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I seriously wish a lockout could've been avoided, I really want to see this guy on an NBA court in a Raptors uniform.

Comment

• I like that he has been keeping his fouls down, which was a main concern.

Comment

• Although he only plays 17 minutes, he's 6th in the tournament in turnovers, but he seems to be the kind of player who works to improve his game, and I think he just needs NBA games to improve that.

Comment

• The footwork around the 1:50 mark is nice to see as well. It is text book drop step - watch as his baseline foot wraps around the defender as he moves to the middle.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          The footwork around the 1:50 mark is nice to see as well. It is text book drop step - watch as his baseline foot wraps around the defender as he moves to the middle.
                          His offensive repertoire is seriously underrated, when he was drafted I thought he was mainly a defense presence. He seems more offensive minded although he is also good on the defensive end and plays with high intensity on both ends (Unlike someone *winkwink*). Also, I know he's only playing 17 minutes, but he averages 0.6 offensive boards and 3 defensive, for someone who was considered a great rebounder it's not very convincing. But I don't think rebounding from this competition has much of a correlation with NBA rebounding as quite a few good NBA rebounders were averaging "decent" numbers.

Comment

• I could never understand, why ppl call him defensive, while offence was always his strength. On defence he just need more strength to do better.
                            In this game, he couldn't completely stop Krstic, but i like how he was working on defense, don't letting him shoot easy balls.

Comment

I seriously wish a lockout could've been avoided, I really want to see this guy on an NBA court in a Raptors uniform.

Id really like to see "miss 2:44-2:48" on an NBA court in nothing but a raptors jersey....fantasy commence....

Comment

• Not much has been made about Canada in the FIBA Americas Tournament, but if they win today against Panama (who are 1-6) then we have a very good chance of making it to the next qualifying tournament. This is BIG news guys!!

Comment

Working...
                                X