Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors announce broadcast schedule

Click source to download schedule.

The Toronto Raptors announced Wednesday their broadcast schedule for the 2011-12 NBA season. All 66 regular season contests will be broadcast in High Definition (HD) and televised nationally for a sixth consecutive season. This also marks the 10th straight campaign that the entire regular season schedule will be aired locally.

TSN and TSN2 will televise 37 Raptors contests across Canada during the 2011-12 season. TSN’s first broadcast will be from Dallas on Friday, December 30, when the Raptors face the defending NBA Champion Mavericks. TSN will also feature the Raptors’ lone contest of the season against Steve Nash and the Suns on Tuesday, January 24 from Phoenix. Other highlights on TSN include Sunday, February 5 at Miami and Sunday, February 12 versus the Los Angeles Lakers.

TSN2 will carry 11 games from Air Canada Centre and eight road contests. Marquee match-ups on TSN2 include Saturday, January 14 against Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls, Sunday, January 22 from Los Angeles as the Raptors face Blake Griffin and the Clippers, and Friday, March 30 for the lone Air Canada Centre visit by the Miami Heat.

TSN will also carry the conference finals and select playoff games, NBA All-Star Weekend coverage, including the 61st annual All-Star Game on February 26 from Amway Center in Orlando and exclusive Canadian coverage of the NBA Finals.

The Sportsnet family will be the home for 29 Raptors regular season games, broadcasting 20 games on Sportsnet ONE and nine on Sportsnet's four regional channels. Sportsnet ONE will also broadcast up to 50 NBA US regular season contests and have the broadcast rights to 22 NBA playoff games, as well as feature programming on NBA Action.

Sportsnet will air the season opener from Cleveland on Boxing Day and the home opener two nights later from Air Canada Centre versus the new-look Indiana Pacers. They will also carry the lone Toronto visit from the Chicago Bulls on March 21.

Sportsnet ONE is the outlet for a season-high 20 Raptors telecasts in 2011-12. Its schedule begins Monday, January 2 with a broadcast from legendary Madison Square Garden when the Raptors face Atlantic Division foe New York. Sportnet ONE will be the exclusive network for the final eight broadcasts of the regular season, including Friday, April 13 versus Boston and a Wednesday, April 18 tilt from Miami.

Veteran play-by-play voice Matt Devlin will call all the action for a fourth season. He will be joined by former NBA first-round draft pick Leo Rautins for broadcasts on Sportsnet and Sportsnet ONE and “The Coach” Jack Armstrong on TSN and TSN2 telecasts.

Sportsnet 590 The FAN will once again be the radio home for Raptors broadcasts. For a seventh season Paul Jones will handle the play-by-play duties with Eric Smith serving as the analyst.

The complete 2011-12 Raptors television broadcast schedule is attached.
    Source: Raptors.com

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Click source to download schedule.

Source: Raptors.com
    Ugh.... 29 dates with Leo.

Comment

Leo "The Predictable Analyst" Rautins

I'll take the Leo "the predictable analyst" Rautins any day over having him as head coach of the Canadian men's senior basketball team - SOOOO happy he isn't coaching them anymore.

Comment

Am I the only raptor fan that likes leo
        "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

kinda sad about this. it sucks for a guy who has regular cable. streaming eats too much gb.guess i'll be listening to eric and jonesy
          "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Exactly!! This MLSE merger means you can't win. Half the games will be on tsn 7 and the others will be on sportsnet ocho. You have to sign up with both sides to follow a team. It's ridiculous.

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
              Leo just makes the same observations over and over again. It's time he came up with some new material. There are only so many times I can take hearing about the block/charge call being tough to officiate, or how shot blockers should keep the ball inbounds.

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                Leo is so damn critical and quick to point out what he would have done or jump on a play saying, "Exactly, that is what I was saying." He announces as if he has all the answers when clearly for team Canada he did not have the answers.

Obviously this is just my opinion. Jack grew on me but hopefully he and Matt come up with some better stuff this year - no more Bon Jovi sing alongs, please.

Comment

jack is the best. "GET THAT GARBAGE OUTTA HERE!"

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    Exactly!! This MLSE merger means you can't win. Half the games will be on tsn 7 and the others will be on sportsnet ocho. You have to sign up with both sides to follow a team. It's ridiculous.
                    You get both Sportsnet and TSN with either Bell or Rogers. You may have to order another package if you don't get Sportsnet One or TSN 2, but they'll be available on both providers. I'm with you though, F both of them. They just better be in it to win it.

As bad as I think Devlin is, there's really not a heck of a lot of good announcers out there. Listening to some of the other teams' broadcasts, I think we're pretty lucky to tell you the truth. I love Jack though, we gotta keep him around forever!

HELLO!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X