Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AK47 on the radar for this summer (post #16)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MangoKid
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    3 years 30 - 35 million seems likely
    I don't think anyone is going to pay that much.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    My concern with AK-47 is how much is it going to take to get him here and is he still made of glass?
    3 years 30 - 35 million seems likely

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    My concern with AK-47 is how much is it going to take to get him here and is he still made of glass?

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    He also has 26 playoff games under his belt.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    "The way Kleiza has been playing since his return suggests to me that he's holding anything but an unmovable contract. He could even go by the deadline."

I have not given thought to the possibility that Linas could be a player with value to a contending team. His numbers are solid right now and he is showing that he can contribute off the bench. His ability to shoot the 3 and post up may be a wanted skill set by a few teams. 4.6 mil is not a huge cap hit, and if he brings back a first round pick, the team giving up that pick will save about 1.2 mil in guaranteed salary for their rookie.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Update: Colangelo confirms AK47 is on the radar for this summer

Based on things I've been reading I don't think the Nuggets are going to let Chandler go anywhere. That said, if the Raptors miss out on Chandler, bringing in a vet like AK47 via free agency would be a great option. AK would greatly help the Raptors' and bring the versatility to allow for one of Amir or Ed(or both) to be dealt in a move to improve the team elsewhere. I know someone is going to chime in with Batum talk but the guy is a UFA so it'll be tough to get him without overpaying.

octothorp wrote: View Post
    Perfect. Amnesty Kleiza in the offseason and sign AK47. I'd be happy with Kirilenko, Kidd-Glichrist, and J. Johnson as our small forwards next year. That would turn our weakest position into one of our strongest.
    The way Kleiza has been playing since his return suggests to me that he's holding anything but an unmovable contract. He could even go by the deadline.

Leave a comment:

• octothorp
    replied
    Perfect. Amnesty Kleiza in the offseason and sign AK47. I'd be happy with Kirilenko, Kidd-Glichrist, and J. Johnson as our small forwards next year. That would turn our weakest position into one of our strongest.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    this is irrelevant but pretty crazy and interesting.

ESPN The Magazine reported in 2006 that Masha(AK's wife) allows Andrei to have sex with another woman once per year and quoted her: "Male athletes in this country are extremely attractive. They get chased by women. It's hard to resist. It's the way men are by nature."

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Title is not good. AK won't make this team a playoff team, he might improve it slightly but not playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• insight_tor
    replied
    With or without AK, Raptors are still a below average team for this season. Next season, a high draft pick along with JV and some good free agents, Raptors can improve a lot.

Leave a comment:

• matt
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    We don't know how his mobility will be once he returns. Will he be the same player? Hard to say.
    I believe anything he brings to table is going to be better than having Butler starting for us. Plus the guy is only 27.

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsss
    replied
    We need Kleiza to score some points...the rest is irrellevant..

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    We don't know how his mobility will be once he returns. Will he be the same player? Hard to say.

Leave a comment:

• matt
    replied
    I think once Kleiza returns he will be enough for us. People are forgetting this guy can flat out score when he's on his game and in the limited games he played lasted year averaged 11.2 points on albeit semi-mediocre shooting.

Leave a comment:

• stretch
    replied
    Raptors + AK = Playoff spot

It's a moot point, now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X