Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilson Chandler to Toronto? Forget about it (473)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I just hope Colangelo can make the right moves before Mar 1st to attain Wilson Chandler, if we can't get him no hard feelings, but if that doesn't happen I want to see a deadline trade happen shipping Barbosa & filling cap/player for some type of money/pick/young player.

Anything to have Wilson Chandler would be beautiful, and we go into the draft with the ability to draft a backup shooting guard or small forward.

PG - Jose, Jerryd
    SG - Demar, 2012 pick, Forbes
    SF - Chandler, 2012 pick, James Johnson, Kleiza
    PF - Bargnani, Davis, Johnson
    C - Valanciunas, Gray, Magloire

If we are able to attain a small forward like Batum or Chandler, wouldn't it seem smarter to draft a shooting guard? Because of the depth of Kleiza, Johnson, and Chandler. I just don't believe Kleiza or Johnson are leaving this team anytime soon. Point Guard talent is low this year. We have Valanciunas coming in, and Bargnani at the 4.

But I would see why anyone would choose Barnes/Gilchrist over Beal/Lamb.

But NBADraft.net has us at 5 taking Lamb. Interesting for sure. What you guys think?
    I think we should still take a SF in the draft even with chandler. Chandler is good but we need an above average player at the 3. If we're in position we draft the best available SF whether it be MKG/Miller/PJ3 or Barnes and we move kleiza or amnesty him. Eventually when our pick develops more we move Chandler to the bench in a sixth man type role.

Comment

• J.Johnson becomes the odd man out then, what do you think he can fetch us in a trade? He's been playing at a high level recently!
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        I just hope Colangelo can make the right moves before Mar 1st to attain Wilson Chandler, if we can't get him no hard feelings, but if that doesn't happen I want to see a deadline trade happen shipping Barbosa & filling cap/player for some type of money/pick/young player.

Anything to have Wilson Chandler would be beautiful, and we go into the draft with the ability to draft a backup shooting guard or small forward.

PG - Jose, Jerryd
        SG - Demar, 2012 pick, Forbes
        SF - Chandler, 2012 pick, James Johnson, Kleiza
        PF - Bargnani, Davis, Johnson

If we are able to attain a small forward like Batum or Chandler, wouldn't it seem smarter to draft a shooting guard? Because of the depth of Kleiza, Johnson, and Chandler. I just don't believe Kleiza or Johnson are leaving this team anytime soon. Point Guard talent is low this year. We have Valanciunas coming in, and Bargnani at the 4.

But I would see why anyone would choose Barnes/Gilchrist over Beal/Lamb.

But NBADraft.net has us at 5 taking Lamb. Interesting for sure. What you guys think?
        Very good looking team in my eyes! use our pick to choose an SF clearly, Barnes/MKG/Miller and the like, the second draft pick needs to fetch us a good stroking, high percentage SG coming off the bench (I dont know who in the draft that would be). Our weakest position will still be SG but if we draft right we have the potential to become a really really good team with this group of players under Dwane.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
          Very good looking team in my eyes! use our pick to choose an SF clearly, Barnes/MKG/Miller and the like, the second draft pick needs to fetch us a good stroking, high percentage SG coming off the bench (I dont know who in the draft that would be). Our weakest position will still be SG but if we draft right we have the potential to become a really really good team with this group of players under Dwane.
          Yeah, most mocks that I've seen have a lot of SGs in the late first, early second range. Two guys who are in the mix that I like are going head-to-head right now, and both are struggling: Doron Lamb and John Jenkins (and just as a type that, Jenkins hits a 3), but also Waiters, Wroten, Johnson-Odom, Satoransky, and Orlando Johnson are all guys who could be in the mix if we want a SG with our second.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            I think we should still take a SF in the draft even with chandler. Chandler is good but we need an above average player at the 3. If we're in position we draft the best available SF whether it be MKG/Miller/PJ3 or Barnes and we move kleiza or amnesty him. Eventually when our pick develops more we move Chandler to the bench in a sixth man type role.
            Agreed. Or, we can have Chandler be the original sixth man, JJ start for defensive purposes, and draft the SF.
            Becoming something like...

PG - Jose, Jerryd
            SG - Demar, Wilson
            SF - JJ, Barnes/Gilchrist/PJIII, Kleiza, Forbes
            PF - Bargnani, Ed, Amir
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• CBA not granting letter of clearance?

Not so fast Ujiri and Bryan:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA
              The China Basketball Association has refused to give Wilson Chandler a letter of clearance to play immediately in NBA, sources tell Yahoo!

Looks like that formality was anything but.

Looks like WC will have the worst of all options come true:

no long term deal,
              limited to just Denver,
              restricted again this summer.

*EDIT*

Follow up tweet from Woj:

Chandler is a restricted free agent, and almost assuredly on his way back to Denver. He could have to wait until mid-March to sign now.
              Chandler will file an appeal and a source believes resolution is possible within next week. Still, no one is sure how soon this plays out.

Chandler and team reached deal to let RFA leave after he helped them to playoffs. But league has control of Letter, not individual team.
              Sam Amick ‏ @sam_amick
              Per @WojYahooNBA tweet about Wilson Chandler, agent says he expects FIBA approval to play in NBA this week and that he's not aware of holdup
              Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sat Feb 25, 2012, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Not so fast Ujiri and Bryan:

Looks like that formality was anything but.

Looks like WC will have the worst of all options come true:

no long term deal,
                limited to just Denver,
                restricted again this summer.

*EDIT*

Follow up tweet from Woj:
                Awwwww man. No hard feelings though, because in the Summer we can bring him in, because no doubt he's expressed interest in coming to T.Dot.

James Johnson and Linas Kleiza should be relieved and reading a book right now, cause their roles most definitely would've been decreased.

Comment

• Something I dont see written that often is a trade for tony parker. He got some interest last summer for the 5th pick. Now if we manage to get Wilson Chandler in the summer would you consider a trade for Tony Parker consisting of Jose Calderon and/or our 1st round pick? I find that the pick would be somewhat useless and Tony Parker is an All-Star this year.

Line-Up
                  Parker/Bayless
                  Derozan/Johnson
                  Chandler/Klieza
                  Bargnani/Davis
                  Valanciunas/Amir

This opens up other trade routes as well. Barbosa, Davis and Amir could be traded this deadline for a good return.

Comment

• EuroBaller wrote: View Post
                    Something I dont see written that often is a trade for tony parker. He got some interest last summer for the 5th pick. Now if we manage to get Wilson Chandler in the summer would you consider a trade for Tony Parker consisting of Jose Calderon and/or our 1st round pick? I find that the pick would be somewhat useless and Tony Parker is an All-Star this year.

Line-Up
                    Parker/Bayless
                    Derozan/Johnson
                    Chandler/Klieza
                    Bargnani/Davis
                    Valanciunas/Amir

This opens up other trade routes as well. Barbosa, Davis and Amir could be traded this deadline for a good return.
                    I would not.

Parker is better than Calderon scoring. Calderon has the edge as a PG. Both are pretty weak on D.

I would not give up a major asset in the pick to swap a PG who is 31 next year for one who will be 30 and owed $37.5M over the next three years.

I am excited about building a team that can be together for the next 5 years with all players working towards or in their peak.

Comment

• Tony Parker is a excellent player, but yeah, no.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        I would not.

Parker is better than Calderon scoring. Calderon has the edge as a PG. Both are pretty weak on D.

I would not give up a major asset in the pick to swap a PG who is 31 next year for one who will be 30 and owed $37.5M over the next three years.

I am excited about building a team that can be together for the next 5 years with all players working towards or in their peak.
                        Matt always knows what he's talking about..

As soon as I read Parker for Calderon and 1st round pick. I had to say something.

Parker is a good player, but Calderon is basically the same age with one thing they do very well more than the other, and like you said, not good defensively. I do think Calderon is a good system defender.

I'd rather take the Collison deal from another thread this trade for Parker. Plus, San Antonio is getting great play from him in another good season, don't try and fix what doesn't need to be fixed.

Comment

• Via Alex Kennedy on Twitter: Chandler's Chinese team eliminated from the playoffs. He is expected to be cleared soon and is currently in talks with the Nuggets about a longterm contract.

Comment

• You know, I don't mind the fact that we can't make a push for Chandler until the summer. That will give us a chance to see where we stand after the draft (and after any trade deadline moves), look at other free agent wing players available (theres enough available that it could be a buyer's market), and more time to evaluate James Johnson as a long-term part of this team.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                              You know, I don't mind the fact that we can't make a push for Chandler until the summer.
                              But apparently that's exactly the opposite of our options here (instead of a fact). It's probably now or a longterm deal with the Nuggets.

Comment

• If the rumoured Calderon to Orlando trade were to occur on March 1st and the Raptors were not taking back any salary, the Raptors could be in a position to sign Wilson Chandler to an offer. As Larry Coon said in an article:

But restricted free agents can’t sign offer sheets after March 1 of any season, and this season is no exception. So Brooks and Chandler likely won’t be eligible to return to the NBA until after their eligibility to sign an offer sheet expires.

Comment

Working...
                                X