Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Deadline: Lesson learned today? Don't trust Casey (462)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supposedly GS gets a first rounder in that deal too! GS turned that into a pretty good return.

Comment

• Chris Broussard ‏ @Chris_Broussard
      Sources: Toronto trading Leandro Barbosa to Indiana for second-round pick and cash considerations.

Toronto saves about $3.7M, get a 2nd round pick, a $7.6M TPE which might be used in a sign and trade, and get cash as well.

That will certainly help the bottom line. It might also help if and when he asks for $3M to buy a first rounder to get Myck Kabongo Well, one can dream at least.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Toronto saves about $3.7M, get a 2nd round pick, a $7.6M TPE which might be used in a sign and trade, and get cash as well.

That will certainly help the bottom line. It might also help if and when he asks for $3M to buy a first rounder to get Myck Kabongo Well, one can dream at least.

Now that I think about it.. would the Raps actually get a TPE? Isn't a TPE for teams that are above the cap? Since the Raps are below the cap they probably just get additional cap space, but no TPE.

Comment

• Portland just traded Camby for Thabeet, Flynn and a second rounder.

Say goodbye to any Batum dreams you had.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            Portland just traded Camby for Thabeet, Flynn and a second rounder.

Say goodbye to any Batum dreams you had.
            Camby was expiring anyways.

I think Batum was always a long shot. The Raps would have to overpay - which is the nature of RFA anyways.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Now that I think about it.. would the Raps actually get a TPE? Isn't a TPE for teams that are above the cap? Since the Raps are below the cap they probably just get additional cap space, but no TPE.

They'd get the TPE but it would count as a contract towards their salary cap number (excluding luxury tax implications) unless they renounced it.

The Raptors - with currently $11M in cap space this summer - could use it as an incentive in a sign and trade. However, that would imply either taking back a bad contract or dealing with a team attempting to gain more salary cap space or avoid luxury tax. In the end, the deal will likely be about the 2nd round pick, money saved, cash received, and anchor for the 2011-12 standings.

Comment

Camby was expiring anyways.

I think Batum was always a long shot. The Raps would have to overpay - which is the nature of RFA anyways.
                camby is probably done after this season anyways as well. If they got rid of wallace, which they did, there was no chance of them getting rid of batum. it's not like batum is anything special in my opinion he's going to be good no doubt. but, there will be more batums to come.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Question is, could they not have done this Barbosa trade before March 1st? It's a steal for the Pacers, and we would have been able to make an offer on Chandler.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                    Question is, could they not have done this Barbosa trade before March 1st? It's a steal for the Pacers, and we would have been able to make an offer on Chandler.
                    Yes, I was thinking about that as well.

Comment

• Wow... the Lakers traded Fisher/draft pick (Dallas, top-20 protected) for Jordan Hill. That is the equivalent of Fisher being sent to the glue farm.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                        Question is, could they not have done this Barbosa trade before March 1st? It's a steal for the Pacers, and we would have been able to make an offer on Chandler.
                        It could've been a case of Colangelo waiting til the deadline to see what the best offer was.

Comment

And a candidate emerges for a draft night pick dumping for cash transaction:

Ken Berger ‏ @KBergCBS
                          Hawks, who have a toe into tax territory, unable to pull off deal to get under, league sources say. May move a pick for cash to pay bill.

*EDIT*

Holy crap.... that did not take long.

John Hollinger ‏ @johnhollinger Reply Retweet Favorite ยท Open
                          Hawks sell 2nd round pick to Warriors, via team press release.

Nevermind.

Comment

Wow... the Lakers traded Fisher/draft pick (Dallas, top-20 protected) for Jordan Hill. That is the equivalent of Fisher being sent to the glue farm.
                            Wow - a first rounder for Hill? That's a reach. Even though I like Gray - I would have traded him for that same pick.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Wow - a first rounder for Hill? That's a reach. Even though I like Gray - I would have traded him for that same pick.
                              I think it was a salary dump. Hill is expiring. Fisher had a player option for next year which he probably would invoke if he was still a Laker.

Comment

• Hawkes sold 2nd rounder to GSW:

http://twitter.com/#!/NBAonESPN/stat...71573037993984

Comment

Working...
                                X