Jerryd Bayless considers himself nothing but a PG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Don't be blaming Bargnani with the offense! He has made it run easier WHEN Jose is in! Our stats are better with Bargnani offensively and defensively. Our D has been fine! Even though sometimes it translates into what happens offensively, it's fine, the effort it always there. We just can't score, and get good shots, and that ALL falls upon the point guard. And that's to be expected from a guy coming back, they've done a fine job of scoring even when Bargnani hasn't. It's all in Bayless' hands to make the team run the offence smoothly, that's why they handle the ball the most, that's why they're the ones who call the plays other than the coach, that's why they call it a floor general. He's been given the "keys" to the team.

You need to understand what a point guard does. The offense must run at a smooth pace, where THE POINT GUARD will get the players the proper and easier shots. Even though the offense is not the best in the league, it's most definitely been ran better by Jose Calderon. He's already proved his reliability as a starting point guard, even though he plays very good defense, and can score, it's his decision making and how he runs the team is very very poor. Terrible court awareness, can't see all the players on the court, it's just not good.

I'm sorry to tell you, but Bayless has already proved he is an unreliable point guard, even though he puts up solid stats, those come in garbage time, and all of his shots are 21-ft jumpers off of screens.
    Are defense was fine? We aloud 105 points on .478 from the field! Maybe under Triano that was good but not on Dwane Casey's watch. Are offense was good 99 points on 46.8 from the field and 23 ast on 40 FG. I'm not blaming Barny but, you have to be blind to not notice his rusty. The fact that he hasn't played with theses guy for over a month. Need to rebuilt chemestry and timing .With that said Jerryd Bayless ran the team just fine the other nignt. Lets see if he can keep it up.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Are defense was fine? We aloud 105 points on .478 from the field! Maybe under Triano that was good but not on Dwane Casey's watch. Are offense was good 99 points on 46.8 from the field and 23 ast on 40 FG. I'm not blaming Barny but, you have to be blind to not notice his rusty. The fact that he hasn't played with theses guy for over a month. Need to rebuilt chemestry and timing .With that said Jerryd Bayless ran the team just fine the other nignt. Lets see if he can keep it up.
      The NBA is a defense ridden league, with that consistency, it's bound to happen that a big offensive night from both teams is a probability. We were in the game, and they put up defensive stops when they needed it, it was offensively down the stretch we struggled in not just in the Bucks game, but throughout the whole season.

I wasn't saying anything about Bargnani's rustyness, I knew he was rusty. He did manage 8 rebounds, doing something other than scoring.

If Bayless can keep up the numbers and run the team well offensively, I would love that. It's just my opinion that I don't wanna see him running this team, because it just isn't as good as Jose. We don't need to "dig deep" to find a player who won't be as good as someone than we already have, and waste the minutes and confidence in. Jose is a good point guard, but even HE isn't good enough for many Raptor fans. That's why I just don't believe him to be our point guard of the future, he's proved his unreliability, and his decision making along with his scoring is what separates him from a Scoring Point Guard, to a shooting guard in a point guard's body.
      Last edited by ReubenJRD; Tue Mar 13, 2012, 02:47 AM.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
      X