Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAPresenting
    replied
    Sunny was very impressive in his first season here when Demar was a rookie. I remember people posting backing him playing over Demar and that he was the better player. Unfortunately last year he didn't play any defense and started becoming more of a chucker then someone who picked his spots well the year prior. I'd prefer Forbes at this time as the back up 2 with better play making skills and a much more consistent jumper. Sunny will find a home and I think he can contribute I just hope it's not TO regardless of the price tag attached to him.

Leave a comment:

• e2thed
    replied
    Weems needs to go to Chicago.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    But where would you play him? It also depends on who we draft. If Forbes keeps showing what he has at the 2 that is probably Weems best position. And the 3 is probably what we might draft or sign a f/a. The best outcome in my view is to get another position asset or pick back in a sign and trade as a rfa.
    A definite +1.

As a RFA, Weems is considered an "asset" if there is genuine interest from other teams. It's definitely a better option to get something in return for Weems, rather than ignoring him completely.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Weems year in Lithuania is over. He'll be entering free agency coming off an injury it appears.

http://www.talkbasket.net/6677-sonny...ania-pics.html

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    Sonny will probably receive the same type of contract that Forbes got. 2-3 years at 2 mil plus. I always liked his athleticism, but I think we could find similar players with a second round pick.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    only if he's a better 3 point shooter

Leave a comment:

• akashsingh
    replied
    Sonny Weems is the same boneheaded player he always was, the organization should show that btch the back of our hand if he is even entertaining the notion of coming back here, which I don't think he is.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    I don't understand the hate for Weems. I am a little disappointed he didn't do more with the opportunity he was given and he seemed to clown around during losses but I don't think hate is warranted here. But then again, to each their own.

Leave a comment:

• Soft Euro
    replied
    DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    isnt worth the Money Weems can rott for all i care...always hated that guy
    Yours too?

Leave a comment:

• Soft Euro
    replied
    Phat Farmer wrote: View Post
    I hate Sonny Weems.
    He slept with your girlfriend?

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    isnt worth the Money Weems can rott for all i care...always hated that guy

Leave a comment:

• Phat Farmer
    replied
    I hate Sonny Weems.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    we'd have to get rid of forbes or kleiza

Leave a comment:

• Red and White
    replied
    Sign weems only if the price is right. It looks like weems has improved his game and can make an impact, but no over paying for him. He is not needed, but would be nice. I think with him next year we could have one of the deepest benches, and that being said, he should make a role players salary.

Assuming our starters are Jose, Demar, Draft pick, AB, JV... our bench would look like...

Forbes, Weems, JJ, Ed, Kleiza, Bayless, Gray, Amir. That is some amazing depth across the floor. It gives us tons of flexibility in regards to moving a guy.
    Last edited by Red and White; Sat Mar 24, 2012, 05:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• draftedraptor
    replied
    I will not resign Weems if its over the qualifying offer. We have enough bench players in JJ, Ed Davis, Kleiza and Bayless.Might as well use the 2 second round picks this year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X