48 Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    i could see chandler being moved for sure.. i read somewere that denver was offering him for a 1st rounder yesterday..

im not a big Rudy fan.. & i doubt Memphis moves him now anyway, but im sure his jersey would be a big seller during the pride event in T.O LOL
    You'd have to assume that Chandler is made available, especially after the Nuggets' draft. They currently have Gallinari, Brewer and Quincy Miller at SF, and Afflalo, Hamilton and Stone at SG (with Fournier being stashed overseas). Brewer could easily slide into the backup SG spot, giving them a rotation of Gallinari/Miller and Afflalo/Brewer. At $7M+ per season, coming off a hip injury, I would expect them to field offers for Chandler.

They are fairly deep at every position, other than PG. Lawson is under contract and I had read that they would consider re-signing Andre Miller. I wonder if they'd have any interest in Calderon or Bayless (whichever doesn't go to Phoenix for Nash, perhaps)?

I wonder if the TPE (cap space relief) and 2013 2nd round pick would be enough, if they aren't interested in either PG?

Comment

Usagi_yo_Jimbo wrote: View Post
      Hmmmm...with Quincy Acy on board i guess it would be a safe bet to assume that either Amir or Ed wont be in a Raptor jersey once the season starts.
      I was thinking the exact same thing. I was hoping they would draft Quincy Miller in order to let Linas go, but either will do. I'm kind of hoping Ed is the one that is shipped. Amir suits the team better, he's got a great motor, something this team lacks as of now.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

When did Wilson friggin chandler become a star? If the list of 3s posted earlier (as stars) only gay/jsmoove/ and maybe iggy can be considered legit then you have tier 2, aka the bosh level, of deng/granger/illy and then you fall off a cliff talent wise. Wilson is a nice player but not a game changer.
        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Yes to Ilyasova! He may not be the flashiest, best looking player, but hes super effective

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
            When did Wilson friggin chandler become a star? If the list of 3s posted earlier (as stars) only gay/jsmoove/ and maybe iggy can be considered legit then you have tier 2, aka the bosh level, of deng/granger/illy and then you fall off a cliff talent wise. Wilson is a nice player but not a game changer.
            Agreed that Chandler's not a star.

However, he can play both SF and SG, fits DC's defensive culture, is young (25) and has room for further improvement. Given the fact that most trade discussion has involved using the TPE and possibly a future 2nd round pick and/or a player we don't really want/need, it's not as though anybody is suggesting he be targeted as a star player. IMO, Chandler would essentially be a much better, more well rounded version of JJ.

Comment

Wilson isn't a stud by any means but he does everything the raps need from a SF. he's a solid two way player who can create his own shot and shoot the 3. i don't agree with trading a first round pick for him, but he's certainly a guy i'd be very happy with. value wise, i think he'd be a better player to chase than say, Iggy or Granger.

edit: too late. what calgary said.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                Wilson isn't a stud by any means but he does everything the raps need from a SF. he's a solid two way player who can create his own shot and shoot the 3. i don't agree with trading a first round pick for him, but he's certainly a guy i'd be very happy with. value wise, i think he'd be a better player to chase than say, Iggy or Granger.

edit: too late. what calgary said.
                I read yours and thought yours had posted first... that edit would've been on my message! lol Gotta love friday afternoons before a long weekend when the boss leaves at noon! haha

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  I read yours and thought yours had posted first... that edit would've been on my message! lol Gotta love friday afternoons before a long weekend when the boss leaves at noon! haha
                  high five to that, brother!
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

hmmmmm...might be more than 48 hours. Just watched the Colangelo presser and heard him refer to mid-november/december as the time where coaches want to get rid of players and you can only take those players if you have cap room. Even as a random, likely meaningless comment, it's deflating. Guess I'll stop holding my breath. Time to go play outside.

Comment

12 hours left. Bryan must be distracted with something else.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          Yup

Time to get a round of golf in. My expectations have been lowered.

Comment

jbml wrote: View Post
                            Yup

Time to get a round of golf in. My expectations have been lowered.
                            Actually, he's attending a wedding on the west coast.
                            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              He actually says "Quit stalling" not "Einstein"

but after all these years did people actually think Colangelo was going to do something he promised to do in an interview? He's the world's greatest used car salesman.

Comment

Why am I not surprised that cap space that needed to be used before the FA signing period is going to get thrown in the green bin?
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X