Everything Terrence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Remember a year or 2 ago when i said that the Raps should stop fucking around w/ Ross game? the guy is a 3pt shooter/catch and shoot guy. That's the type of player they drafted.

Now the Raps are trying to make Ross put the ball on the floor more, go iso, pretty much like DeRozan. Why? That's not his game, and he looks very uncomfortable out there. I mentioned last year that Mo Pete is the type of guy Ross should emulate, catch and shoot guy. I still feel that way.
    Couldn't agree more. Ross is a 3 and D type of player i.e Danny Green. They want him to be this driver because he's so athletic but its just not his game. Athleticism isn't the only thing you need to be a good driver. He looks very uncomfortable everytime he puts the ball on the floor and he ALWAYS shies away from contact when he gets into the paint. They just need to accept that Ross is just a role player and leave him to be that 3 and D guy that every team needs. It's not like that isn't a valuable skill to have. Also as someone else said Patterson needs to stop putting the ball on the floor as well. I know he worked on that in the offseason supposedly, but nothing good has come of it from what I've seen. He and Ross just need to be three and D guys who can also hit a mid range jumper at times and are athletic.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• You guys, I figured it out. Terrence's evil twin Tyson has taken Terrence's spot on the team.

http://www.lids.ca/NBA/Toronto-Raptors/20601415

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        You guys, I figured it out. Terrence's evil twin Tyson has taken Terrence's spot on the team.

http://www.lids.ca/NBA/Toronto-Raptors/20601415
        Well Tyson better learn the defensive principles ASAP

Comment

• TRoss has the physical tools to succeed. He is now in his 3rd year and he seems to lack that mental toughness that will elevate his game to the next tier. Demar and Kyle have it in spades but Ross seems to lack the "compete" part of the game. Every player makes mistakes out there. Its how you cope with them and come back stronger that separates Ross from the herd.

Ross struggles with this. Its in his body language when he gets pulled and slowly ambles to the bench like a kid who gets called in before the other kids have to go home as well. Casey's and the teams goal is to win now and if he is not contributing on the floor he will cede his minutes to someone who will help them win now.
          He rarely goes right to the basket even on the break. His last few games has him pulling up and taking a teardrop or short jumper. His 3 pointer isn't falling with the regularity he hoped and he gets down on himself and his defense starts to slide.

Its between the ears for TRoss. He has to want it more than he has shown in last years playoffs and the short run into this season. When he does he will be the player everyone in WETHENORTH wants him to be night in and night out.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            TRoss has the physical tools to succeed. He is now in his 3rd year and he seems to lack that mental toughness that will elevate his game to the next tier. Its between the ears for TRoss.
            I wonder what sort of a sports psychologist the Raptors have on staff. You can train the mental game just like you train the physical game. There are experts in this field in Canada, thanks to a world-renowned sports psychology program in Montreal. If you don't have them on staff, spend a few bucks and hire the outside expert!
            e.g., http://www.mindroompsp.com/en-about-...Beauchamp.html

P.S. If anyone on these boards has an in with Masai, ask him why they're not using stuff like this.
            Last edited by Kuh; Fri Nov 7, 2014, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              Problem is Ross is driving with Lowry and DD. He should stay on perimeter for open 3s. If they want him to ball handle he needs to be on the second unit. 2Pats is bouncing the ball too much too. Our best 3 pt shooters are trying to penetrate too much.
              Exactly. To my eyes, Casey seems to be prioritizing dribble-driving, low turnovers and getting to the foul line as the main offensive strategy. Unlike most teams, swinging the ball for open shots as a first option, is practically non-existent , which negates Ross' biggest strength. And when Ross does get the ball, it is when a driver is in trouble - which puts a shooter completely out of rhythm. After dribble-drive, it seems like post-ups are the second favorite play for Casey to run (usually DD or JV). Looking at Boston, Atlanta, and Miami was such a contrast in offensive ball movement. Our offense 'passes' the ball (more like running back hand-offs, actually) to setup the 'open drive' not the 'open shot'.

Comment

• T. Ross, is already a good spot up shooter. What's wrong with trying to expand his game by getting him to work in his handles? It's not hurting the team so far, and they are only 5 games in.

The team is deep enough that if Ross is a little of his game due to working on new things, that they can still continue to win. Again, lots of time for him to get into the rythm of things as the season progresses.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  T. Ross, is already a good spot up shooter. What's wrong with trying to expand his game by getting him to work in his handles? It's not hurting the team so far, and they are only 5 games in.

The team is deep enough that if Ross is a little of his game due to working on new things, that they can still continue to win. Again, lots of time for him to get into the rythm of things as the season progresses.
                  Nothing wrong with expanding Ross' game, as long as you at least maintain the skills that he's already good at - which is what the problem is with the offense related to Ross. Eventually, teams are going to pack the paint to stop the DD/Lowry, your turn/my turn, dribble-drive penetration and that's when you need shooters like Ross to open up the floor. And shooters need to be confident and feeling in rhythm to be a threat.

I mean, this your-turn / my-turn dribble-drive offense couldn't even work for Miami, when Lebron and Wade first played together. Eventually, they surrounded them with floor spacers (Battier, Miller, Jones, etc...) and even Bosh had to develop a 3-pt shot to make it work.

And the dribble-drive offense usually doesn't work for very long in the playoffs, as we all saw how easily Brooklyn shut us down and how hard and awkwardly the Raps had to work to get scores. Nets basically left Ross open and whoever was covering him simply double-teamed the ball handler - usually DD or Lowry.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Nothing wrong with expanding Ross' game, as long as you at least maintain the skills that he's already good at - which is what the problem is with the offense related to Ross. Eventually, teams are going to pack the paint to stop the DD/Lowry, your turn/my turn, dribble-drive penetration and that's when you need shooters like Ross to open up the floor. And shooters need to be confident and feeling in rhythm to be a threat.

I mean, this your-turn / my-turn dribble-drive offense couldn't even work for Miami, when Lebron and Wade first played together. Eventually, they surrounded them with floor spacers (Battier, Miller, Jones, etc...) and even Bosh had to develop a 3-pt shot to make it work.

And the dribble-drive offense usually doesn't work for very long in the playoffs, as we all saw how easily Brooklyn shut us down and how hard and awkwardly the Raps had to work to get scores. Nets basically left Ross open and whoever was covering him simply double-teamed the ball handler - usually DD or Lowry.
                    Yeah, but it's been only 5 games. Saying that he isn't maintaining his skills because his shooting % is off after that short of time seems a bit harsh.

It's like if JV was getting more touches in the post and wasn't getting back on D as quickly because of it then is he a bad defender or has he lost his ability to defend? No, but he's needs to figure out how to transition between offense and defense better.

I just think a little more time is warranted to integrate the skills they have been working on over the summer, into the game. That's just how I see it anyways.

Comment

• OMG its called triple thread guys, it isn't new. Ross has to have ALL parts of his game in order to be competitive at his position. He already jacks up 4-5 spot up three's a game.... how often does his penetrate and get to the line or to the rim?

Dude has tools, needs to use them.

Comment

• he needs to study Miller

http://www.gfycat.com/UnrulyAnguishedHornet

http://www.gfycat.com/ThickEasygoingIrrawaddydolphin

http://www.gfycat.com/WeirdTemptingIcelandichorse

http://www.gfycat.com/SickLimitedBabirusa

http://www.gfycat.com/SpiritedDapperChimneyswift

he'll never be as good but he could learn a thing or two. No need for countless crossovers
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• RM with the basics baby.

they work. This new generation grew up on a steady diet of Iverson and AND1. They have no idea how to blow by guys with fundamentals. And the ones who do...guys like Curry..... look unstoppable.

Comment

• nice start for ross

Comment

• Ross seems to have awoken!
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Heh.

Nice.

we need him to play to his potential. When he does..... Toronto is SOLID.

Comment

Working...
                                X