Everything Terrence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ross's arms look short to me. I dunno what you guys are taking about
    Last edited by stooley; Sat Nov 8, 2014, 01:55 PM.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• My theory is they call him a SG to up his chances of being an allstar. Because with Carmelo, LeBron and Paul George in the EC he would never see an all star game.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        My theory is they call him a SG to up his chances of being an allstar. Because with Carmelo, LeBron and Paul George in the EC he would never see an all star game.
        And... Demar never guards the SF.

Isn't that the important point?
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
          Ross seems to have awoken!
          Not to be a negative Nancy, but it just seems like the same ross as last year. Streaky as all hell.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Not to be a negative Nancy, but it just seems like the same ross as last year. Streaky as all hell.
            I'm not a fan of his long 2 shot selection either.

Comment

• I can abide with him being a streaky shooter, as long as he becomes consistent and locked in every night on defense. Because everyone has bad shooting nights (some more than others), but good players don't take nights off on defense.

Comment

• He got hot for one night. Now he's gonna disappear for another 5 games.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I hope not.

Comment

• so...
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Two good games in a row. If this is a sign of consistency to come, it will be huge for the team, and could well mean we can stand toe-to-toe with anybody.

Comment

• hope so....damn, they are good when they are all playing well.

Comment

• Even GV & LouW were passing to each other!!

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Even GV & LouW were passing to each other!!
                            It's a miracle
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• 10 games into his 3rd season I thought I would take a look at his numbers.

His minutes per game are pretty much identical to last season, he is shooting better percentages across the board, but everything else is stagnant.

I think T Ross can be a valuable player going forward, but I am not sold that he can make a jump and be the starting 3 on a contending team. I thought that in the past he may be able to be a Trevor Ariza clone, but Ross lacks the aggressiveness in driving to the hoop and the wing span needed to effectively guard big 3's in the league. 6'6" with a 6'7" wing span just wont cut it.

Ideally I would like to see him become our 6th man, backing up the 2/3 spots and be able to add a different starter....too bad James Johnson is not a more consistent shooter.

This is something I think will be addresses in the off-season. I will re-evaluate in another 10 games to see if he shows anything new.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                                10 games into his 3rd season I thought I would take a look at his numbers.

His minutes per game are pretty much identical to last season, he is shooting better percentages across the board, but everything else is stagnant.

I think T Ross can be a valuable player going forward, but I am not sold that he can make a jump and be the starting 3 on a contending team. I thought that in the past he may be able to be a Trevor Ariza clone, but Ross lacks the aggressiveness in driving to the hoop and the wing span needed to effectively guard big 3's in the league. 6'6" with a 6'7" wing span just wont cut it.

Ideally I would like to see him become our 6th man, backing up the 2/3 spots and be able to add a different starter....too bad James Johnson is not a more consistent shooter.

This is something I think will be addresses in the off-season. I will re-evaluate in another 10 games to see if he shows anything new.
                                I still think he can be a solid starting SG in this league. I don't think he's built to be a SF. I think he also benefits from consistent usage offensively, as he strikes me as a streaky shooter who needs to feel like a valuable part of the team on both ends to be fully engaged.

I'm not trying to make this a DeRozan/Ross debate, but I think the Raps could use a bigger/stronger starting SF, regardless of who is starting at the SG spot.

I also think Ross could lean a thing or two from a player like Fields, with regards to playing off the ball (ie: backdoor cuts, being positioned to rebound on the weak side, etc...).

After hearing DC come to DeRozan's defense for shot selection, I no longer have any idea whether I should be concerned with Ross or DC's usage of Ross.

Comment

Working...
                                X