Everything Terrence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

I'm not trying to make this a DeRozan/Ross debate, but I think the Raps could use a bigger/stronger starting SF, regardless of who is starting at the SG spot.
    yes we need big SF who can guard other SFs. Luol Deng, Jeff Green type. So Ross could go back to guarding SGs.

But offensively he's still deferring too much. Best wing defender is on Derozan most of the games so Ross should use that opportunity. But instead he's drifting.

He needs to make his own opportunities. How come James Johnson and Patman are succeeding in their limited roles but Ross is struggling?

Watching Jimmy Butler, Gerald Green I can't help but be disappointed when looking at Ross.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      yes we need big SF who can guard other SFs. Luol Deng, Jeff Green type. So Ross could go back to guarding SGs.

But offensively he's still deferring too much. Best wing defender is on Derozan most of the games so Ross should use that opportunity. But instead he's drifting.

He needs to make his own opportunities. How come James Johnson and Patman are succeeding in their limited roles but Ross is struggling?

Watching Jimmy Butler, Gerald Green I can't help but be disappointed when looking at Ross.
      The problem is the offense is geared around "my turn, your turn" and four guys end up standing and watching a lot of the time - whether it goes inside or out.

I'm hesitant to type this for fear of people misconstruing what I am about to type but I wouldn't mind DeRozan having to sit out 5 games for whatever reason to see what Ross does with the opportunity to start at SG next to a real SF like JJ.

Please, please, please do not take this as mcHAPPY saying I want DeRozan injured - couldn't be farther from the truth.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        The problem is the offense is geared around "my turn, your turn" and four guys end up standing and watching a lot of the time - whether it goes inside or out.

I'm hesitant to type this for fear of people misconstruing what I am about to type but I wouldn't mind DeRozan having to sit out 5 games for whatever reason to see what Ross does with the opportunity to start at SG next to a real SF like JJ.

Please, please, please do not take this as mcHAPPY saying I want DeRozan injured - couldn't be farther from the truth.
        Hopefully Ross gets replaced by Bruno. Obviously not right now but eventually down the road

Comment

Hopefully Ross gets replaced by Bruno. Obviously not right now but eventually down the road
          Can we afford to wait 2-3 year for Bruno to become what we hope he will?
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

There is that angle too - #Bruno2016

Be nice to see what Ross can do though as starting SG.

That way trade whoever has the most value on trade market.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
              Can we afford to wait 2-3 year for Bruno to become what we hope he will?
              Yeah Bruno will never play with prime Lowry. But he will have mature JV to play with. JV will be a vet by then and Bruno better pass it to him. Don't wanna make a vet mad lmao

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                ...I'm hesitant to type this for fear of people misconstruing what I am about to type but I wouldn't mind DeRozan having to sit out 5 games for whatever reason to see what Ross does with the opportunity to start at SG next to a real SF like JJ...
                I think you meant to say, "I wonder how Ross would do if he had to carry the load at SG for 5 games or so", not "I wouldn't mind..."

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                  I think you meant to say, "I wonder how Ross would do if he had to carry the load at SG for 5 games or so", not "I wouldn't mind..."
                  Delivery has never been my strong suit.

But yes, regardless of how one phrases it, it would be interesting to see how he plays as a go to scoring option minus DeRozan.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    I still think he can be a solid starting SG in this league. I don't think he's built to be a SF. I think he also benefits from consistent usage offensively, as he strikes me as a streaky shooter who needs to feel like a valuable part of the team on both ends to be fully engaged.
                    Ross does have a bit of a dejected look. It happens when a player doesn't see the ball very often on offense, they just end up trotting down the floor thinking "I'm just going to run back without touching the ball anyways, what's the point?"

It's not a lack of focus problem, it's not an attitude problem, it's just a result of the way our team plays. If Ross knows he can help the team more, but is being told to be a non-factor on offense but must play great defense...well that is a tough role for anyone to adapt to.

I think this can be applied to JV as well (who is told to basically stand on the low block and do rim-runs).

Like mcHappy mentioned just now, as some did last season, it would be a great learning experience to see the Raptors without DeMar.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      Ross does have a bit of a dejected look. It happens when a player doesn't see the ball very often on offense, they just end up trotting down the floor thinking "I'm just going to run back without touching the ball anyways, what's the point?"

It's not a lack of focus problem, it's not an attitude problem, it's just a result of the way our team plays. If Ross knows he can help the team more, but is being told to be a non-factor on offense but must play great defense...well that is a tough role for anyone to adapt to.

I think this can be applied to JV as well (who is told to basically stand on the low block and do rim-runs).

Like mcHappy mentioned just now, as some did last season, it would be a great learning experience to see the Raptors without DeMar.
                      Oh gawd, we're back to DeMar being the obstacle to Ross's development again. Oh well, at least this is an older one being resurrected, but it makes as little sense now as it did before.

"hey just end up trotting down the floor thinking "I'm just going to run back without touching the ball anyways, what's the point?""

Really? You see the guy for a couple of hours a week on TV and actually believe you know his psychological health? Those "dejected looks" couldn't be because he knows he's not performing up to par, could they? Or...... or......or.....

'....but is being told to be a non-factor on offense but...."
                      Where do you dig this stuff up from? It's bad enough to assume psychological aspects of a player, but taking it even further to knowing what he's being told by the coaching staff? Where does this come from? Internet training?

"I think this can be applied to JV as well (who is told to basically stand on the low block and do rim-runs)."

Of course!!! The same 1-2 punch with JV too, eh. Geezuz

Back to Ross and his "involvement on offense". Did you know that Ross's FGAs per game, in each of his first 3 years, is virtually identical to those of Kawhi Leonard? Is Pop guilty of holding him back from being a player everybody here drools over?

Shit, the only thing holding Ross back is himself, but yeah, let's get rid of DeMar, the guy the organization sends Ross to train with over the summer, as a role model, so we can see him flourish when not held back by DeMar. Or maybe we can send DeMar to the D league for 5 games? I mean, we don't want him injured, just want to see him disappear for 5 games, eh.

Comment

• ^I can give my opinions about a players body language all I want.

You can disregard my opinion and passive aggressively attack them in defense of DD.

IDC

Comment

^I can give my opinions about a players body language all I want.

You can disregard my opinion and passive aggressively attack them in defense of DD.

IDC
                          "I can give my opinions about a players body language all I want. "

You certainly can. And I can rebut them all I want.

"You can disregard my opinion and passive aggressively attack them in defense of DD."

"Passive aggressively attack"? wtf you talking about? Makes as much sense as you claiming I was defending DD. Neither resembles my post.

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
                            Oh gawd, we're back to DeMar being the obstacle to Ross's development again. Oh well, at least this is an older one being resurrected, but it makes as little sense now as it did before.

"hey just end up trotting down the floor thinking "I'm just going to run back without touching the ball anyways, what's the point?""

Really? You see the guy for a couple of hours a week on TV and actually believe you know his psychological health? Those "dejected looks" couldn't be because he knows he's not performing up to par, could they? Or...... or......or.....

'....but is being told to be a non-factor on offense but...."
                            Where do you dig this stuff up from? It's bad enough to assume psychological aspects of a player, but taking it even further to knowing what he's being told by the coaching staff? Where does this come from? Internet training?

"I think this can be applied to JV as well (who is told to basically stand on the low block and do rim-runs)."

Of course!!! The same 1-2 punch with JV too, eh. Geezuz

Back to Ross and his "involvement on offense". Did you know that Ross's FGAs per game, in each of his first 3 years, is virtually identical to those of Kawhi Leonard? Is Pop guilty of holding him back from being a player everybody here drools over?

Shit, the only thing holding Ross back is himself, but yeah, let's get rid of DeMar, the guy the organization sends Ross to train with over the summer, as a role model, so we can see him flourish when not held back by DeMar. Or maybe we can send DeMar to the D league for 5 games? I mean, we don't want him injured, just want to see him disappear for 5 games, eh.
                            Gear down big rig!

The part about having DeMar disappear for 5 games is more about trying to see Ross get regular time as a shooting guard rather than at his less than natural small forward spot that we see him at. The original poster is a round about way says DeMar is too good to take out of the line up so if in some magical way he could miss 5 games it would be nice to see Ross at the 2 spot with a bigger role. HYPOTHETICAL!
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

^I can give my opinions about a players body language all I want.

IDC

Try the ignore list. Its really handy and saves you precious time from reading stupid shit.

Comment

• I don't know guys. I see the wing positions pretty interchangeable. They both play sg/sf/whatever you wanna call it on a game to game basis. Ross usually takes the better wing player on defence and gets guarded by the weaker wing defender on the offence.

Missing dd wouldn't really change much other than ross being guarded by the other teams best wing defender. I don't see what you guys see in ross playing his 'natural position.' What does that mean?
                                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X