Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    We have enough driving....let him shoot
    But if he were to drive more often, it'd give us more options on the floor. Also, Ross likes to shoot a little too much. He misses open chances too much. He needs to not rely on his 3 like he does and change it up a bit.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
      But if he were to drive more often, it'd give us more options on the floor. Also, Ross likes to shoot a little too much. He misses open chances too much. He needs to not rely on his 3 like he does and change it up a bit.
      He's shooting 42% from 3. You want him to take as many 3's as possible.
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        No you don't...... Ross can have great nights, then look lost. he needs to know when to shoot the 3-ball. Not just chuck it up. SHEESH.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I'd say you want him to take as many good 3's as possible. As usual, my complaint with this team is the lack of proper shot selection. Too many contested shots early in the clock. Ross has his fair share.

But at the very least, mixing in some drives now and then will only help create space for his 3's. Defences will need to respect the dribble and start giving space.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I'd say you want him to take as many good 3's as possible. As usual, my complaint with this team is the lack of proper shot selection. Too many contested shots early in the clock. Ross has his fair share.

But at the very least, mixing in some drives now and then will only help create space for his 3's. Defences will need to respect the dribble and start giving space.
            This is where I was kinda going with this, thank you for cleaning it up.
            Axel wrote:
            KeonClark wrote:
            KeonClark wrote:

Comment

• Between TRoss, JJ and Demar - Ross shouldn't be driving. Skinny and weak + rim usually doesn't end well.

Comment

• But with Demar out, it just makes more sense. He has dunking ability, he has the speed, he has the handle. WHY NOT?
                Axel wrote:
                KeonClark wrote:
                KeonClark wrote:

Comment

• Ross is much more than a spot-up shooter. He needs to attack the rim much more often. He's too talented to be parked in the corner waving his hands.

Yes, he's skinny and weak, but all the more reason to hit the weight room hard. If Nik Stauskas can do it, anyone can

Comment

• The reason I said just let Ross bomb away from 3 is because I don't think he's ever gonna become a player that can drive to the rim and finish consistently. So he should play to his biggest strength which is 3pt shooting. His ceiling is Trevor Ariza/Wes Matthews and those guys rarely drive to the hoop. They play Defense and shoot 3's all of which I think Ross is capable of.
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      But with Demar out, it just makes more sense. He has dunking ability, he has the speed, he has the handle. WHY NOT?
                      He's a perimeter SG. He isn't a lockdown SF like PG or a midrange post up foul drawing SG like DD or Wade. Just like JV isn't a defense only PnR mobile C like Chandler or Noah.

Comment

The reason I said just let Ross bomb away from 3 is because I don't think he's ever gonna become a player that can drive to the rim and finish consistently. So he should play to his biggest strength which is 3pt shooting. His ceiling is Trevor Ariza/Wes Matthews and those guys rarely drive to the hoop. They play Defense and shoot 3's all of which I think Ross is capable of.
                        Agreed, and those players are great complimentary players on any good team (hence why I like him so much).

Honestly he doesnt need to learn how to drive. He needs to learn a counter to the times where his defender closes on him well and he can't get the shot off...and I have a very simple solution:

Notice how he NEVER pump fakes? If he added that plus a two dribble pull up, his offensive game would open right up. Players jump at him all the time because they know that when he is in his motions he is gonna fire. Add the simple pump and he can draw fouls/get open looks/have a counter to good D.

Right now his counter is to reverse dribble and try and cross up his opponent, and while he has the speed to get around them he can get knocked off his line easily and it leads to bad drives.

Learn the pump-two dribble pull up (it will also open up passing lanes and Ross has good vision)

Aside: for some reason I have a hunch that Ross is a cold blodded killer....I will look into it a bit more

Comment

• Part of the reason we saw Ross handling the ball and attempting to drive in the preseason was because it would add a lot of flexibility to the rotation if he could draw an extra defender.

It would be like having a third guard in the starting line-up, like Lou or GV, but with the length and quickness to defend 3's. He would also be able to fill Demar's role when Demar needs rest.

It's definitely a nice-to-have. We could sure use it now.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                            Part of the reason we saw Ross handling the ball and attempting to drive in the preseason was because it would add a lot of flexibility to the rotation if he could draw an extra defender.

It would be like having a third guard in the starting line-up, like Lou or GV, but with the length and quickness to defend 3's. He would also be able to fill Demar's role when Demar needs rest.

It's definitely a nice-to-have. We could sure use it now.
                            But is that Ross' strength or mentality?

He is probably top 10 in the NBA athletically...but if he isn't good at going to rim why make him focus his off season development there?

Don't waste your time teaching an Ostrich to fly (oh analogy...i had to....its soooo bad)

Why not tell him to become Ray Allen light and add the pump fake as his counter? Allen was great at lifting the defender and getting to the pull up/rim. He didnt need to have all these fancy moves to get to the rim.

Also a 2 dribble pull up off an effective pump would rotate the D waaaaaay more than him trying to ISO his man...he would also get clear driving lanes where he wont get bumped of his line (vs ISO)

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              Agreed, and those players are great complimentary players on any good team (hence why I like him so much).

Honestly he doesnt need to learn how to drive. He needs to learn a counter to the times where his defender closes on him well and he can't get the shot off...and I have a very simple solution:

Notice how he NEVER pump fakes? If he added that plus a two dribble pull up, his offensive game would open right up. Players jump at him all the time because they know that when he is in his motions he is gonna fire. Add the simple pump and he can draw fouls/get open looks/have a counter to good D.

Right now his counter is to reverse dribble and try and cross up his opponent, and while he has the speed to get around them he can get knocked off his line easily and it leads to bad drives.

Learn the pump-two dribble pull up (it will also open up passing lanes and Ross has good vision)

Aside: for some reason I have a hunch that Ross is a cold blodded killer....I will look into it a bit more
                              I've noticed that cold bloodedness too. He just tends to hit shots when you need them even if he's having an off game. Could just be wishful thinking but I think there's something there...
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                                I've noticed that cold bloodedness too. He just tends to hit shots when you need them even if he's having an off game. Could just be wishful thinking but I think there's something there...
                                He has Seattle basketball in his blood. I'm from Seattle and we've got some of the best sixth man/Heat check/coldblooded killers. Jamal Crawford, Isaiah Thomas, Tony Wroten all played at University of Washington or grew up in Seattle. They also all play at the Seattle Pro-Am in the summer and it is insane.

Comment

Working...
                                X