Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Yes.

It really is a shame he has never had chance to play his natural position.
    Boo hoo. He makes 3M and knocks up hookers. He is living the life.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
      What if I told you it isn't as easy as 'just drive to the paint!'. Demar is an elite penetrator, and he makes it look easier than it is.
      Nilanka wrote: View Post
      The biggest hindrance to Ross attacking is his lack of physical strength. He's simply not strong enough to take a bump, and continue forward. And he doesn't have the ball-skills to create enough separation to avoid the bumping.
      These two posts got me thinking, cause Demar was never particularly good at finishing through contact at the rim either (lots of 2 FTA trips, but very few And1s at the rim).

So to NBA.com I went....
      Demar
      In the Restricted Area 58.1% on 3.9 shots per game
      In the Paint 39.6% on 3.0 shots per game

Ross
      In the RA 57.4% on 2.9 shots per game
      In the Paint 43.2% on 2.3 shots per game

Last Year
      Demar
      In the Restricted Area 64.4% on 3.4 shots per game
      In the Paint 39.6% on 2.6 shots per game

Ross
      In the RA 64.5% on 1.5 shots per game
      In the Paint 37.4% on 1.4 shots per game

So Ross is doubling his attempts from last year, and maintaining a pretty high %. Demar is a bit off last year's numbers.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        These two posts got me thinking, cause Demar was never particularly good at finishing through contact at the rim either (lots of 2 FTA trips, but very few And1s at the rim).

So to NBA.com I went....
        Demar
        In the Restricted Area 58.1% on 3.9 shots per game
        In the Paint 39.6% on 3.0 shots per game

Ross
        In the RA 57.4% on 2.9 shots per game
        In the Paint 43.2% on 2.3 shots per game

Last Year
        Demar
        In the Restricted Area 64.4% on 3.4 shots per game
        In the Paint 39.6% on 2.6 shots per game

Ross
        In the RA 64.5% on 1.5 shots per game
        In the Paint 37.4% on 1.4 shots per game

So Ross is doubling his attempts from last year, and maintaining a pretty high %. Demar is a bit off last year's numbers.
        If Ross banged inside more often the bumps and bruises would impacts his fg%. Ray Allen never really attacked the rim or got to the line and was an effective be SG.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          If Ross banged inside more often the bumps and bruises would impacts his fg%. Ray Allen never really attacked the rim or got to the line and was an effective be SG.
          But Demar's FGA isn't that much higher than Ross, plus we are comparing a 3rd year player to a seasoned vet. Plus plus Ross is going against bigger SF than Demar gets at SG.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

But Demar's FGA isn't that much higher than Ross, plus we are comparing a 3rd year player to a seasoned vet. Plus plus Ross is going against bigger SF than Demar gets at SG.
            Demar gets doubled going to the rim and players sag off more. Ross goes to the rim like a guard with floaters and runners while Demar goes in trying to initiate contact. Ross should penetrate to set up his perimeter game while Demars midrange game sets up fouls and penetration.

Comment

Demar gets doubled going to the rim and players sag off more. Ross goes to the rim like a guard with floaters and runners while Demar goes in trying to initiate contact. Ross should penetrate to set up his perimeter game while Demars midrange game sets up fouls and penetration.
              Help defence at the rim means that anyone driving typically gets a second defender at the rim. Demar gets doubled on the ball further away from the hoop but I doubt there is much difference in the number of doubles at the rim.

Comment

Help defence at the rim means that anyone driving typically gets a second defender at the rim. Demar gets doubled on the ball further away from the hoop but I doubt there is much difference in the number of doubles at the rim.
                Demar attacks from mid range and now the post while TRoss is attacking from the three point line. In theory the help should be late for Demar since he can attack at any time and from anywhere. Doesn't matter cuz Casey just isos or runs a retarded screen regardless of who is playing.

Comment

• DeMar's lowest FTA/36 was 4.2 his rookie year. Ross's highest was 1.6 last year and is currently 1.4. As for position, not sure why Ross can't get around bigger, and usually slower, SF's , but would abuse SG's who are usually smaller and quicker. And it's not like switches never happen. Maybe the "bumps and bruises" theory is correct. Anyway, Ross is what he is and I accept it even if I don't always like it.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Ross is putting up some nice numbers but I'm really hating a lot of his shots. The number of no passes in the possession pull up long twos has really increased, but in saying that he does seem to hit a lot of them since he is obviously a very good shooter.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                      Ross is putting up some nice numbers but I'm really hating a lot of his shots. The number of no passes in the possession pull up long twos has really increased, but in saying that he does seem to hit a lot of them since he is obviously a very good shooter.
                      Those shots drive my nuts too. But it's not just Ross. It's Lou, Vasquez, Lowry and DeRozan (when healthy).

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Those shots drive my nuts too. But it's not just Ross. It's Lou, Vasquez, Lowry and DeRozan (when healthy).
                        Definitely, one thing Lou and DD have over Ross is the ability to draw a lot of fouls on those shots. If Ross could develop that craftiness (he drew a foul on a 3 last night) it'd be big.

Comment

• Am I the only one who is a big fan of Ross' floater??

Since he is a thin man it is easy to get bumped off your line...the floater is a perfect counter to that.

Just keep developing that floater so when teams run him off he can make them pay. It doesn't matter if he gets all the way or gets to the FT line...if he makes them pay for running him off then who cares?

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            Am I the only one who is a big fan of Ross' floater??

Since he is a thin man it is easy to get bumped off your line...the floater is a perfect counter to that.

Just keep developing that floater so when teams run him off he can make them pay. It doesn't matter if he gets all the way or gets to the FT line...if he makes them pay for running him off then who cares?
                            When it goes in. But Parker has been playing a long time like that. Problem is Ross is so athletic he really doesn't need to settle for a floater.

Comment

When it goes in. But Parker has been playing a long time like that. Problem is Ross is so athletic he really doesn't need to settle for a floater.
                              Actually I think he does.

He has a slight build and it is easy to get knocked off your line when you are thin like that. If he tries to get right to the rim, people will bump him, forcing him to take a bad shot. So just take the higher percentage floater.

Parker is a completely different animal. He is stronger than he looks too. He also operates completely different by taking off on the opposite foot on layups to disrupt the timing of the defense, whereas Ross has a very predictable 1-2 step. Comparing the two players is kind of unfair to Ross.

Comment

• Love Ross's floater. He's also been improving with that long step layup fadin to his right when defendes overplay the floater. Nice counter developing already.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X