No announcement yet.

Everything Terrence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ross has the ability to drive. I don't mind seeing him as a "Catch and shoot" type player. But that doesn't work when you play a guy like him at SF. SF's need to do both (Shoot and drive). I know DD does that, but having 2 guys that can do it effectively will make us a way better team.

Ross doesn't give us that. We know it. He's trade bait atm. Solid bait for a team that wants a "catch and shoot" guy. We get a good SF for him, and I'll be happy.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• A dunk contest winner who only shoots 3s, actually he has started driving but that long lay up off the top of the back board never seems to go in, and that push shot floater thing looked good at first but stopped falling too. watching him feels like he makes more contested threes than open. I only started actually watching the games properly the middle of last season, so it seems like he is slowly improving, I'm glad to see him at least trying to add some moves to his arsenal, defensively he seems to get caught on a lot of screens, put on muscle if he's going to play sf, or put him on behind dd and put jj and pp in the starting line-up, not hating on amir just got to keep the floor spacing.

Comment

• cinqueda wrote: View Post
        A dunk contest winner who only shoots 3s, actually he has started driving but that long lay up off the top of the back board never seems to go in, and that push shot floater thing looked good at first but stopped falling too. watching him feels like he makes more contested threes than open. I only started actually watching the games properly the middle of last season, so it seems like he is slowly improving, I'm glad to see him at least trying to add some moves to his arsenal, defensively he seems to get caught on a lot of screens, put on muscle if he's going to play sf, or put him on behind dd and put jj and pp in the starting line-up, not hating on amir just got to keep the floor spacing.
        Dunk contest means nothing. Jumpers like Ross need a run at the basket with no contact to dunk like he does. It's completely different to have an explosiveness that doesn't require a full run at the basket (James Johnson has that explosiveness) and it's very different to be able to absorb contact while attacking the basket, dunk or no dunk (Lou Williams is probably best on the team at actually trying to finish his shot through contact - DeMar does sometimes, and sometimes just looks for the contact and the FT's without really having a prayer of finishing). Ross can't do any of that in-game.

He can shoot the three, he's shown a very slowly developing driving game that he can finish with pull up jumpers or a floater in the lane, but he shows that very rarely. He has the length and athleticism to defend the perimeter pretty well.

I don't like to try to analyze guys' attitudes/headspace from the other side of my TV, but more than anything Ross just doesn't impact the game much. It's hard to believe that James Johnson can start at SF and be a legit double-double threat on this exact same team. He impacts the game in so many more ways, if JJ had a 3-pt shot I'd say go ahead and move Ross ASAP. As it is, the Raps don't have many 3 pt shooters and they need the spacing. If you put JJ in the starting line-up after DeMar gets back, the spacing would be horrible.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          Dunk contest means nothing. Jumpers like Ross need a run at the basket with no contact to dunk like he does. It's completely different to have an explosiveness that doesn't require a full run at the basket (James Johnson has that explosiveness) and it's very different to be able to absorb contact while attacking the basket, dunk or no dunk (Lou Williams is probably best on the team at actually trying to finish his shot through contact - DeMar does sometimes, and sometimes just looks for the contact and the FT's without really having a prayer of finishing). Ross can't do any of that in-game.

He can shoot the three, he's shown a very slowly developing driving game that he can finish with pull up jumpers or a floater in the lane, but he shows that very rarely. He has the length and athleticism to defend the perimeter pretty well.

I don't like to try to analyze guys' attitudes/headspace from the other side of my TV, but more than anything Ross just doesn't impact the game much. It's hard to believe that James Johnson can start at SF and be a legit double-double threat on this exact same team. He impacts the game in so many more ways, if JJ had a 3-pt shot I'd say go ahead and move Ross ASAP. As it is, the Raps don't have many 3 pt shooters and they need the spacing. If you put JJ in the starting line-up after DeMar gets back, the spacing would be horrible.
          Which is why I hope we can get a guy that can shoot and drive. That's what this team needs to contend. Heck, if we were to do this:

KL
          DD
          JJ
          PP
          JV

That's a solid 5 that can start and win games shockingly due to Patterson giving us that space we need.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
            Which is why I hope we can get a guy that can shoot and drive. That's what this team needs to contend. Heck, if we were to do this:

KL
            DD
            JJ
            PP
            JV

That's a solid 5 that can start and win games shockingly due to Patterson giving us that space we need.
            Patterson isn't a very good help defender, and that's something you need next to JV or with the defensive scheme that Casey has. I like Patterson coming off the bench anyway. He can light it up even when cold.

I'd rather have JJ as PF and TR as the SF. I think JJ could fill in for Amir as he's mobile and has some good length. Of course it would have to be situational since he'd be terrible against Noah/Gasol or Monroe/Drummond for example. But against Atlanta and Millsap I think he'd do well. Casey doesn't do situational very well though.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Patterson isn't a very good help defender, and that's something you need next to JV or with the defensive scheme that Casey has. I like Patterson coming off the bench anyway. He can light it up even when cold.

I'd rather have JJ as PF and TR as the SF. I think JJ could fill in for Amir as he's mobile and has some good length. Of course it would have to be situational since he'd be terrible against Noah/Gasol or Monroe/Drummond for example. But against Atlanta and Millsap I think he'd do well. Casey doesn't do situational very well though.
              I think the bold is the main issue. If you ran that unit with more of a thibs style defence I think you would see it shine. Be able to put in Tross for JJ too. Wont see nearly as many TR and JV pick and roll disasters but let them play to their strengths.

We don't have many perimeter defenders who get around screens well (read as : only JJ) but we do have some pretty good one on one defenders.

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                I think the bold is the main issue. If you ran that unit with more of a thibs style defence I think you would see it shine. Be able to put in Tross for JJ too. Wont see nearly as many TR and JV pick and roll disasters but let them play to their strengths.

We don't have many perimeter defenders who get around screens well (read as : only JJ) but we do have some pretty good one on one defenders.
                GSW defence with Green and Barnes at the 4-3 also works with 2pats and JJ switching onto defenders. Caseys blitz defence isn't very good with our guards being small - Lou, Lowry or weak - Ross or slow - GV.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

oh damn
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Good boy, Casey.
                      Axel wrote:
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      KeonClark wrote:

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

Lowry, DD, JJ, Amir, JV - that's terrible spacing

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          Lowry, DD, JJ, Amir, JV - that's terrible spacing
                          Which is why I'd prefer Pat over Amir if we want JJ to start.
                          Axel wrote:
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          KeonClark wrote:

Comment

• It's a tough thing to move a guy like Amir to the bench, but it does make sense to swap Amir + Ross for JJ +PP. Patterson is still developing and I'm interested in seeing how much more well rounded he can become. His offensive awareness is very good - he makes some really nice passes from the 3 pt line.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              It's a tough thing to move a guy like Amir to the bench, but it does make sense to swap Amir + Ross for JJ +PP. Patterson is still developing and I'm interested in seeing how much more well rounded he can become. His offensive awareness is very good - he makes some really nice passes from the 3 pt line.
                              Plus his defense is getting better. I keep watching him improve. Heck, if not pat, I'd say TH starting over Amir if you really want D. Hands-bro is working on his 3-pointer, and we've seen it a few times in game.
                              Axel wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:

Comment

• I'm really curious how Ross looks under a completely different system.

I refuse to believe that with his skills that he looks as bad as he does in this offense. Actually considering how many players Casey had made look bad I am willing to bet on it.

Defensively he is really good, and many games is left guarding 2 people with how many times we have to rotate. I believe with a change in defensive system he can look way way better. This also applies to the entire roster though

Comment

Working...
                                X