Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007 wrote: View Post
    b-b-b-b-b-bust!
    I wouldn't call him a bust. He is what he is. A role player. Never saw any "star" potential from the start. But my real problem w/ him is his lack of effort on D because he showed last year that he can be a pretty good defender. This year he plays like he doesn't give a shit. Lack of bball IQ is another one. You cant teach that though. And again, Dominique Wilkins is bang on on his scouting report o Ross.

Also, problem w/ this forum is they OVERRATE prospects and young players. I remember all the Ray Allen comparison months ago lol. And hell i remember a couple of posters last year calling Ross the next T-Mac. Hilarious. This is why i can't take some of the posters here seriously.

Now i read stuff how Bebe is NBA ready and should be on the rotation. Bruno as well. How he should be playing 5mins a game. Can't make this stuff up. LOL. I tell you what, Bruno would be lucky to be half as good as Ross.
    Last edited by The Great One; Sat Mar 21, 2015, 03:30 PM.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      I wouldn't call him a bust. He is what he is. A role player. Never saw any "star" potential from the start. But my real problem w/ him is his lack of effort on D because he showed last year that he can be a pretty good defender. This year he plays like he doesn't give a shit. Lack of bball IQ is another one. You cant teach that though. And again, Dominique Wilkins is bang on on his scouting report o Ross.

Also, problem w/ this forum is they OVERRATE prospects and young players. I remember all the Ray Allen comparison months ago lol. And hell i remember a couple of posters last year calling Ross the next T-Mac. Hilarious. This is why i can't take some of the posters here seriously.

Now i read stuff how Bebe is NBA ready and should be on the rotation. Bruno as well. How he should be playing 5mins a game. Can't make this stuff up. LOL. I tell you what, Bruno would be lucky to be half as good as Ross.
      LMAO you're kidding right?? People were being sarcastic. Jesus trex.
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• No they're not. I can tell if people are being sarcastic here or not.

Easy to say people were being sarcastic now because of bad Ross is looking. Right hotfuzz?
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Ross could still be a good player, just not here. He's not an ISO player he needs to play in transition, and play in a proper offence with movement. His development has been killed because his confidence in never there. That force a shot in the first minute then go away if he missed garbage was never going to work for anyone

Comment

No they're not. I can tell if people are being sarcastic here or not.

Easy to say people were being sarcastic now because of bad Ross is looking. Right hotfuzz?
            No, I can assure you comparisons to Ray Allen were for pure comedic purposes. It was pretty obvious.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              No, I can assure you comparisons to Ray Allen were for pure comedic purposes. It was pretty obvious.
              I hope they were for comedic purposes.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Guys let's be serious. Ray Allen is basically Terrence Ross with a worse jumpshot.
                OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                  Guys let's be serious. Ray Allen is basically Terrence Ross with a worse jumpshot.
                  Klay Thompson but with athleticism

and defensively he's Paul George

clutch like Reggie Miller as well
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    Klay Thompson but with athleticism

and defensively he's Paul George

clutch like Reggie Miller as well
                    He's pretty much a better version of Michael Jordan.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                      He's pretty much a better version of Michael Jordan.
                      When MJ wakes up in the morning, he wishes he could be as good as Ross.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Playing 5 minutes a games doesn't mean you are NBA ready.

It means that the coaching staff is trying to effectively use actual NBA game minutes to properly develop a young prospect.

Comment

No need to make anything up. Here it is...

For a team needing rim protection, rebounding and mobile bigs, it would seem there is no downside (and significant upside) in doling out some development minutes to Bebe at the expense of Hansbro and Hayes (plus resting Amir). With proper coaching and direction, it would seem like Bebe should be the perfect specimen for Casey's defence. I mean, is Casey's system that complex, that Bebe couldn't help out on those nights when we're getting destroyed on the boards? It's a completely different situation from Bruno, in that Bebe has some professional experience with no language barrier.

And given that our coaching staff and MU whiffed on Hassan Whiteside and signed Steamer for a $1M, I'm not so sure the Raps coaching staff really knows how to recognize and/or utilize big man talent.
                          Last edited by golden; Sun Mar 22, 2015, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            And given that our coaching staff and MU whiffed on Hassan Whiteside and signed Steamer for a $1M, I'm not so sure the Raps coaching staff really knows how to recognize and/or utilize big man talent.
                            HUGE reach.

As someone that watched summer league, Hassan Whiteside was a pile of garbage for us. Bebe outplayed him by miles.

Not to mention Hassan Whiteside was passed on by God knows how many teams. Do every single one of their coaching staffs not know how to recognize and/or utilize big man talent too?

Whiteside is a special case because when he got to Miami, everything just clicked for him. Guarantee that you would've passed on him in summer league too, but you won't admit it because you have hindsight.

Wack

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                              HUGE reach.

As someone that watched summer league, Hassan Whiteside was a pile of garbage for us. Bebe outplayed him by miles.

Not to mention Hassan Whiteside was passed on by God knows how many teams. Do every single one of their coaching staffs not know how to recognize and/or utilize big man talent too?

Whiteside is a special case because when he got to Miami, everything just clicked for him. Guarantee that you would've passed on him in summer league too, but you won't admit it because you have hindsight.

Wack
                              I also vaguely remember reading a story early in the Whiteside craze about why he hadn't caught on anywhere, and apparently he had a bad attitude toward opportunities where he'd be deep on the bench. So teams cooled off on him pretty quick because he had a big entitlement problem.

*I get he probably wanted a sure opportunity to prove himself, but when you've been a total bust so far, can you really be that choosy? He's lucky as fuck that Miami came a callin.

Comment

• Outtake of an article on NBA.com
                                http://www.nba.com/2015/news/feature...lytics-in-nba/

Whiteside had played in 19 NBA games since 2010 before coming to Miami, having bounced from Sacramento to the Kings' NBA D-League team in Reno, to the NBA D-League team in Rio Grande, to China, to Lebanon, to Toronto, to Los Angeles, to Memphis, to the NBA D-League team in Iowa ... to Miami. Probably missed a stop or two.

But Masai and Casey don't recognize talent in big men.

Comment

Working...
                                X