• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF
    replied
    pillowmint wrote: View Post
    GOD F*CKING DAMN IT!
    I give up, I honestly give up. It's one thing to overpay Landry Fields, but it's a complete white flag waving on the FA market when you pick up 48yr old Anderson. When people say he played well, do you get that he played well on a garbage team that was already eliminated from the playoff hunt...WHO CARES?! It doesn't mean jack if/when a player of ours does well when there is absolutely nothing on the line. Anderson is a move in the wrong direction, stop being homers. If I was Casey I'd be pissed. All contemplation of picking up season tickets have been burned out of my brain. If this is our line up come day 1 then BC better hide his mediocre ass!
    Why not just replace the whole team, stupid BC what are you thinking getting a gritty young PG to run this team, why are we bringing Jonas over this year, he should stay in Europe for a few more seasons, why draft Ross when we could have picked (fill in the blank)....and it is a good thing we don't play at the dome any longer, the sky seems to be falling.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    Letter N wrote: View Post
    I think the point of this deal is that a team needs a certain number of players on the squad. This man happens to now be one of those players.

Balls of Steel..........these are your 2012-13 Toronto Raptors.
    So players currently signed (or apparently going to be signed):
    C: Valanciunas, Gray
    PF: Bargnani, Amir, Davis, Acy
    SF: Fields, Kleiza, Anderson
    SG: DeRozan, Ross
    PG: Lowry, Calderon

That would be the minimum required 13-man roster, but that doesn't include a 3rd string PG, which I can't imagine them going into the season without.

I also really can't envision this as the final roster, so I find it odd that a 12-15th man like Anderson is going to be added so soon. I would have thought that guys like Magloire, Anderon and Uzoh could be added right before training camp, as 12-15th players on minimum contracts.

Leave a comment:

• pillowmint
    replied
    Red and White wrote: View Post
    A healthy Kleiza is a lot more than a baby sitter.
    True, when healthy I heard Kleiza also makes sammiches

Leave a comment:

• Red and White
    replied
    Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    lol Kleiza is only there to be friends with Val :P
    A healthy Kleiza is a lot more than a baby sitter.

Leave a comment:

• Red and White
    replied
    He has good character, he is a hard worker, and he is going to work even harder for the team that gave him his chance. I like it.

Leave a comment:

• Blacklash2k4
    replied
    draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    Kleiza
    lol Kleiza is only there to be friends with Val :P

Leave a comment:

• Letter N
    replied
    Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Not that anything is conclusive but I don't get this deal at all.
    I think the point of this deal is that a team needs a certain number of players on the squad. This man happens to now be one of those players.

Balls of Steel..........these are your 2012-13 Toronto Raptors.

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    Not that anything is conclusive but I don't get this deal at all.

Leave a comment:

• pillowmint
    replied
    GOD F*CKING DAMN IT!
    I give up, I honestly give up. It's one thing to overpay Landry Fields, but it's a complete white flag waving on the FA market when you pick up 48yr old Anderson. When people say he played well, do you get that he played well on a garbage team that was already eliminated from the playoff hunt...WHO CARES?! It doesn't mean jack if/when a player of ours does well when there is absolutely nothing on the line. Anderson is a move in the wrong direction, stop being homers. If I was Casey I'd be pissed. All contemplation of picking up season tickets have been burned out of my brain. If this is our line up come day 1 then BC better hide his mediocre ass!

Leave a comment:

• RPT23
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    WELCOME BAAAAAAAAAAACK

Maybe now you'll stop whining about getting a elite small forward

YES now that we got Method Man back... now we need Red Man... "Tyme fo sum Akshon!"

Leave a comment:

• draftedraptor
    replied
    Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Why 3rd string SF? He played rather well last season for someone who's not expected to do well. I wouldn't mind too much if he was our backup SF.
    Kleiza

Leave a comment:

• Blacklash2k4
    replied
    draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    as long as he is our 3rd choice.
    Why 3rd string SF? He played rather well last season for someone who's not expected to do well. I wouldn't mind too much if he was our backup SF.

Leave a comment:

• draftedraptor
    replied
    as long as he is our 3rd choice.

Leave a comment:

• theycallmeZZ
    replied
    Don't believe everything you hear though

@Alex_Rucker

@BMDinTDOT @WolstatSun is not a source, he's a reporter. :-) Alan's a FA last time I checked though. Working out here in Vegas.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Ya, I just heard than Anderson is back again next season. Good news!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X