Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we enough cap space to sign M.Pietrus ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isaacthompson
    replied
    Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post
    Hoopsworld reports that M.Pietrus will not sign with Boston for league minimum. Do the Raptors have any cap space to sign him ? Raptors almost signed him last year except for a knee injury. And if anyone watched the Celtic's run in the playoffs you saw how effective Pietrus can be !
    I don't think he did more than hit a couple threes...

Leave a comment:

• 10 000 Hours
    replied
    After the poison pill contract given to Fields, there is no way Pietrus comes to Toronto, which is good, because he's another so-so player that won't really have a tangible effect in the win column for the team.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Quito wrote: View Post
    He's an older, less athletic Fields...
    I even think that's saying too much good about Pietrus. Fields seems to be a much smarter player....Pietrus always struck me as kind of a bonehead

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Quito wrote: View Post
    Which equals to, we already have a guy much better than him..

Leave a comment:

• Quito
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    Pietrus sucks

Leave a comment:

• bigmanshaq
    replied
    we should give some consideration to some young talent that could compliment the rest of our team by playing D and provide some shooting/ scoring. With that said, may i direct your attention to Dante greene and brandon rush.
    both player are consider talented, provides us with some much needed help at the 3 spot. im leaning more towards rush because hes a better shooter, what so y'all think?

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Pietrus sucks

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Umm.....really, no point in getting this guy is there? Isn't Ross supposed to try and fill the same kind of role? I think we have enough role players on the wing with Fields and Kleiza. I think Anderson is a chance for a minimum contract to round the roster, as most people do....so why get Pietrus? He's not that good a 3 pt shooter and he's too old now to get for his athleticism and D. Ross has all of those things, and only needs to fill out and a bit of experience.

Leave a comment:

• JStockton
    replied
    tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    PG: Lowry, Calderon, Lucas
    SG: DeRozan, Ross, Anderson
    SF: Fields, Kleiza, ???
    PF: Bargs, Davis, Acy
    C: Val, Amir, Gray, (Magloire - will not suit up for the entire season)

Currently we have 15 in the roster, with 14 in active, yes we need a 3rd stringer SF, we can possibly take a look at Pietrus.
    Lucas and Anderson are not signed...yet. Also Pietrus declined Boston's offer of the veteran's minimum, he wants to get paid and he does not want to be a 3rd stringer.

Leave a comment:

• JStockton
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    With Fields and Kleiza around, do we even need Pietrus?
    +1 If ever we sign a SF, it will be because he will start over Fields and Kleiza, not back them up.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    tenforthewin wrote: View Post

Currently we have 15 in the roster, with 14 in active, yes we need a 3rd stringer SF, we can possibly take a look at Pietrus.
    We don't necessarily need 15 men, I would rather keep the remaining cap space in case a trade goes down, now or deadline for Calderon or Amir/Ed.

Leave a comment:

• tenforthewin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Yea. I have never been impressed with the guy. He can knock 3's, that's about it.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    we are jammed on the wing. We dont need anymore wing players unless we get rid of one of our current ones

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X