X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Euro
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    Yi is having a really amazing game. This is blowing my mind. He could really do some things in the NBA if he ever played with the comfort level that he's playing with right now.
    That's what I thought too; it's not like he's going up against scrubs, he's playing a team that would be a contender in the nba.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Yi is having a really amazing game. This is blowing my mind. He could really do some things in the NBA if he ever played with the comfort level that he's playing with right now.

Leave a comment:

• omgsomuchpotential
    replied
    Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    just wen china was getting back in the game the refs mess up a pivotal call. That was a major travel by serge ibaka. I dont know what it is but i always find myself rooting for the underdog..
    I don't usually cheer for China, but that ref mistake enraged me. I really believe China had a chance at that game, but that stupid non-call just messed with their heads and cost them that game.

3 refs standing few meters from Ibaka, NOT 1 fucking call. USA & Spain seem to have refs fear/respect them way too much.

Leave a comment:

• Ambidextrious
    replied
    just wen china was getting back in the game the refs mess up a pivotal call. That was a major travel by serge ibaka. I dont know what it is but i always find myself rooting for the underdog..

Leave a comment:

• Ambidextrious
    replied
    china isn't looking too shabby either. Yi is playing really good so far very active on offence. he just went on a 6-0 run by himself
    Last edited by Ambidextrious; Sun Jul 29, 2012, 12:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ambidextrious
    replied
    Jose and Pau are killing it this game is getting off to a good start really enjoying the intensity of spain

Leave a comment:

• omgsomuchpotential
    replied
    Spain - China has just started:

http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-4/2/98/v-429881.html

Leave a comment:

• Hugmenot
    replied
    Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
    Good performance by Jose at the games can revive trade talks with various teams and I hope its Philly for Igoudala.
    Sooner the better I think for everyone...move on.

Games should have an impact on his value to some degree and I hope its a positive one for the Raptors to take advantage of
    I seriously doubt Jose's performance in international ball affects his trading value in the NBA. Jose has a long body of work in the NBA and GM have more than enough information to determine what is his value.

Teams are unlikely to make a major trade during the Olympics as many front office are in London, scouting the internationals. Yes, they probably talk potential trades but I suspect they will wait until they are back on American before executing it. Most media sent their sports reporters to the Olympics and it would be hard to generate interest in the new acquisition through the media if the regular reporters cannot attend the press conference.

I'd rather Jose stays with the Raptors as I am not a fan of John Lucas III and I saw how well a team performed with a shitty backup point guard after my Cavaliers traded Ramon Sessions and picked up crap from the development league.

No thanks.

Leave a comment:

• 10 000 Hours
    replied
    Mess wrote: View Post
    Spain has more talent than a lot of NBA teams.

And after 7 years in the NBA I doubt 2 weeks of play will do anything to really change a GM's opinion of Jose other than to reassure them that he can still play. And if he does stick around until the trading deadline, with the change to backup minutes I'm more confident that he'll be able to stay healthy.
    True, but maybe now, GMs will be looking more closely at him.

Anyway, I think it'll all work out as long as Jose doesn't get seriously injured.

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post

BTW: Spanish Team has more talent (hint hint to BC) than the roster of the Toronto Raptors.
    Spain has more talent than a lot of NBA teams.

And after 7 years in the NBA I doubt 2 weeks of play will do anything to really change a GM's opinion of Jose other than to reassure them that he can still play. And if he does stick around until the trading deadline, with the change to backup minutes I'm more confident that he'll be able to stay healthy.

Leave a comment:

• d749
    replied
    not sure if anyone has posted this video already but hows this for some added value for jose haha he made deron williams do the splits
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN8yo0byGM4

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    sorry.. re-read your post.. You were thinking Thad Young instead of Iggy. So ignore what I just wrote.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I posted this a week or so ago in a different thread.. but if it's accurate, Minny wants no part of Iggy:

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/W...e_target071712

The Andre Iguodala dream can just about die. The source said the Wolves have done a ton of homework on him, and the feedback didn't all register positively. Because of that, they are reluctant to give up assets and pay him $30 million over the next two years. His contract has a player option for 2013-14, which he is expected to opt into.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I still don't see it if Philly is a playoff team. That would be trading their best player, or 2nd best maybe if Holiday takes another step forward, for a backup PG. They clearly need a back PG, but not for Iggy. I think that only happens if their season is going down the crapper. Otherwise, I think they might look to fill that void differently. If I were them, I would pitch Thad Young+a pick to Minny for Luke Ridnour and Derrick Williams, or something like that
    It all depends how they see AI with the team and their plans beyond this coming season. If the plan is to make significant moves next summer, AI might hinder that.

Right now I do not think they are a better team than last year. They are weaker at backup PG and much weaker with their big guys. No one is close to replacing Brand - even an old Brand.

Maybe you are on to something with MIN though, via HoopsHype.com:

Jerry Zgoda: Kahn said they are thinking of one move with another team that he'd consider "significant." Twitter

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Calderon would be expensive but the 76ers do need a backup PG.... unless you count Royal Ivey (which I don't! lol).

Holiday can play some 2-guard.

The main thing though is he is an expiring contract.

It seems that all of Philly's moves are being geared towards having A LOT of flexibility for next summer. Trading AI frees up another $15.9M for next year.
    I still don't see it if Philly is a playoff team. That would be trading their best player, or 2nd best maybe if Holiday takes another step forward, for a backup PG. They clearly need a back PG, but not for Iggy. I think that only happens if their season is going down the crapper. Otherwise, I think they might look to fill that void differently. If I were them, I would pitch Thad Young+a pick to Minny for Luke Ridnour and Derrick Williams, or something like that

Leave a comment:

Working...
X