Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minks77
    replied
    Yeah apparently they will. Don't know why. If they are going to wear non huskies retros I'd like to see the hideous originals with the "pin stripes".

Leave a comment:

• Fuchan
    replied
    I thought our jerseys were cool

Leave a comment:

• Employee
    replied
    Yes the annual jersey thread! There's nothing I love more when dudes that live in their mom's basement and/or 40 something year olds that dress business casual when they're not even at work comment on fashion. The same goes for sports writers.

I'm sorry but the truth is the greater majority of hardcore sports fans have pretty bad fashion sense. Sorry I said it.

Personally I think the Raptors name and logo is so bad it's good. I bought one of those 'retro' (yeah it was called retro) purple hats with the original Raptor logo this year and I get an insane amount of compliments on it. I honestly think they'll be wearing that jersey again soon, probably not permanently but a few night a year. The 90's are in now, the 80's are done, son.

FWIW I think the new Nuggets and Cavs jerseys are pretty nice. And the new Nets jerseys are pretty bad-ass. I'm also a believer or not changing your logo every 10 years.

Anyway, it's all opinion.

Leave a comment:

• wallz
    replied
    haha now those are the best unis.. ever.

Anyone heard anything about the Raptors wearing the retro purple this season for retro games?

Leave a comment:

• Vykis
    replied
    http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/editorial_i...ge_jerseys.jpg they should wear theese

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    How do you expect anyone to give credit to your examples when there is no viable evidence to back your claims. Its just coming off as you having some insecurity with your masculinity.
    lol

I'll just stick to liking the red uniforms better than purple. The fine folks at MLSE seem to agree with me.

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied

They were wearing this???!!!! after what did the rainbow became flag of, you know, those guys? ;D

Leave a comment:

• Ambidextrious
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'm not too interested in what a colour wheel says about purple. It's still heavily leans towards femininity. There's a reason why you don't see many purple (or pink) cars on the road.

Or better yet, check the toy section at any department store, and see which two colours dominate the girls' side.
    How do you expect anyone to give credit to your examples when there is no viable evidence to back your claims. Its just coming off as you having some insecurity with your masculinity.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    koncept wrote: View Post
    im glad the purple jerseys are done. still, we should be the toronto huskies
    +2.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    Are you kidding me you must not know what purple represents. its one of the most powerful colours in my opinion.

http://www.color-wheel-pro.com/color-meaning.html
    I'm not too interested in what a colour wheel says about purple. It's still heavily leans towards femininity. There's a reason why you don't see many purple (or pink) cars on the road.

Or better yet, check the toy section at any department store, and see which two colours dominate the girls' side.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Oct 24, 2012, 11:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ambidextrious
    replied
    minks77 wrote: View Post
    better than their more "flamboyant" predecessors but still a little like a bad flashback to the early 80's.
    +1 aahhh the 80's are back again!! lool the use of the rainbow pattern was quite suspicious if you ask me
    Last edited by Ambidextrious; Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• minks77
    replied
    better than their more "flamboyant" predecessors but still a little like a bad flashback to the early 80's.

Leave a comment:

• Ambidextrious
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Yeah, the only thing worse than purple, would be pink.
    Are you kidding me you must not know what purple represents. its one of the most powerful colours in my opinion.

Purple combines the stability of blue and the energy of red. Purple is associated with royalty. It symbolizes power, nobility, luxury, and ambition. It conveys wealth and extravagance. Purple is associated with wisdom, dignity, independence, creativity, mystery, and magic.
    http://www.color-wheel-pro.com/color-meaning.html

Leave a comment:

• Ambidextrious
    replied
    minks77 wrote: View Post
    Hahaha, nice but I think I'll trust my client list and paycheck to determine my taste rather than you. I'm a graphic artist and straight up, it's YELLOW, not GOLD. They call it gold but it's not even close. Wizards had that awful throwback with gold/black/white scheme on it but at least that was GOLD. The white/purple/yellow Lakers jerseys are pretty tight but the yellow ones are an eyesore.
    LOL I clearly picked a fight with the wrong guy. I'm just saying the raptors uniforms really needs a complete overhaul. I do agree with is the alternate home jersey for the lakers is pretty dope. glad you pointed out how atrocious the wizards throwback looked.

What do you guys think about the new threads the nuggets are sporting this year?

Last edited by Ambidextrious; Wed Oct 24, 2012, 09:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Yeah, the only thing worse than purple, would be pink.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X