Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Where is all the bitching about referees?

Oh right!

The Raptors fought back against every Lakers run and took matters in to their own hands thereby securing the win! YAY!

Go Raps!

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsnz
    replied
    I'm really, really loving Davis' elbow jumpshot that he has now. Without that the whole offence would suffer I think, he gets at least 3 or 4 of those a game.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    starting?... he disappeared a few weeks back..
    DeRozan has been, shall we just say, inconsistent since the Kings game.

Take out the Portland game and January has truly been a month to forget.

Leave a comment:

• blackjitsu
    replied
    Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Lakers analysts in post game about Calderon "this is a player that could start, very easily, for any other team in the nba..."
    And how many years has BCo been trying to trade away this guy? MAYBE we should build our team with Jose as a cornerstone instead of someone else...but Jose was brought in by someone else...I digress.

Leave a comment:

• Soft Euro
    replied
    Lakers analysts in post game about Calderon "this is a player that could start, very easily, for any other team in the nba..."

Leave a comment:

• tkfu
    replied
    Pill wrote: View Post
    The 16-25 kings should not be our model. I can see swapping people out for offense/defense but Ed Davis sat most of the 4th. I wish I had some advanced stats on that small lineup of Amir/LF/AA/DD/JC or any variation of that. The eyeball test to me watching all these games is that they are probably pretty poor in offensive and defensive efficiency as a group and I can guarantee they are at a huge negative in +/-.
    Prior to this game, that lineup has been on the floor for a total of 9 minutes this season, over the course of 3 different games. During those 9 minutes, they were a net -2, the lineup being a plus two of the times it was used, and a minus the third.

Other small lineups with Amir at the C have been quite effective, the worst of the bunch being Calderon-DeRozan-Anderson-Kleiza-Johnson, which has played 24 minutes and has a net +/- of 0. Lowry-Ross-Fields-Anderson-Johnson is +11 in only 21 minutes--huge win. Calderon-Ross-DeRozan-Anderson-Johnson is +1 in 15 minutes. Lowry-Ross-DeRozan-Anderson-Johnson is +6 in only 13 minutes. The small lineup Amir's played in most frequently, however, is Lucas-Ross-Anderson-Kleiza-Johnson, which is a massive +19 in the 37 minutes (of which many were admittedly garbage time) they have played together.

This is why we should always ignore people who use the "eyeball test" to evaluate basketball. Small lineups with Amir at C are some of the most successful ones the Raptors have played all year.
    Last edited by tkfu; Sun Jan 20, 2013, 05:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Soft Euro
    replied
    The 16-25 kings should not be our model. I can see swapping people out for offense/defense but Ed Davis sat most of the 4th. I wish I had some advanced stats on that small lineup of Amir/LF/AA/DD/JC or any variation of that. The eyeball test to me watching all these games is that they are probably pretty poor in offensive and defensive efficiency as a group and I can guarantee they are at a huge negative in +/-.
    Now you got me saying we should be like the kings. That wasn't really my intention. You said:

I watch a lot of basketball and I dont see any other team in the league scrapping what they do for 3-3.5 quarters and switching to a completely different lineup for the end.
    I mentioned the Kings for some crazy line-up switches; especially with Smart's pointguard/ballhandling situation.

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    DeRozan is starting to disappear
    starting?... he disappeared a few weeks back..

Leave a comment:

• Pill
    replied
    Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Watch the Kings

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    DeRozan 30mins 8pts 3rbs 3ast
    ... and 5 turnovers

Leave a comment:

• BasketballCrush
    replied
    Also said, that Lowry did not play bad, he loved lowrys game, just thought Jose was having a good night and went with him, last game people thought jose was hurt due to lack of time but it was just Casey, who thought Lowry was having the better game and stuck with him. He said he will go with the point guard that is better for the team overall, not a knock to any of the point guards at all, feels blessed to have both.

Leave a comment:

• BasketballCrush
    replied
    Casey just said that its important for the point guard not to get shaken because if the point guard starts to shake the rest of the team shakes. So he liked the way Jose reacted to Kobe's press, and how he did not get flustered, said he saw Kobe do that to Jason Kidd and was very worried, but Jose did better than he thought.

Leave a comment:

• charlesnba23
    replied
    Stop being so hard on DeMar. Some games he's the man, other nights it's Anderson, other nights it's Ross. I just think it is fun to watch. To me, he has proved that he can be our starting shooting guard going forward until some crazy trade happens. Yes he's gonna have some hard stretch. Like most players in this league.

Overall I really liked this game today.

Leave a comment:

• Soft Euro
    replied
    AA was -15 in this game. The second worst +/- player on the floor was TR at -5.

Sure he hits some big shots now and again but the offense stagnates with him on the floor.

I watch a lot of basketball and I dont see any other team in the league scrapping what they do for 3-3.5 quarters and switching to a completely different lineup for the end. If we were known as a team that can close the deal then I wouldn't complain but we are known as a team that cant hold a lead so it throws up a red flag for me.
    Watch the Kings

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Those 2 three's were nasty

Leave a comment:

Working...
X