Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isaacthompson
    replied
    I like that Coach Nick points out ED's wonky form. I've noticed that as well.

Leave a comment:

• Rapstor4Life
    replied
    Love his videos! that was a great Box out by DeRozan there wow stronger than he thinks I wonder if he knew who he was boxing out there lol.
    Last edited by Rapstor4Life; Tue Jan 22, 2013, 10:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• footarez
    replied
    Nice Breakdown. Clark played great against us.I would add that Calderon plays this way since he became a starter. When the season started he didn't take those jumpers (and they weren't going in if he toke them). There is nothing in common between Boss and Lamar Odom. Odom could shoot 3s and basically was a SF who could play the 4. Ed davis doesn't have his passing,handle,shot...at this stage Boss's offensive weapon is the jumper,the lefty high arking awkward shot of the glass and dunk. Anyway it was very great to be told where to look on some things that I haven't noticed when I watched the game.

Leave a comment:

• Blacklash2k4
    replied
    BBallBreakdown of the Lakers and Raptors game

For those who know this channel, you'll know who Coach Nick is. If not, I recommend his channel. He gives really good insight into multiple games.

Leave a comment:

• Stahmenah_Vybz
    replied
    guess you could be right!

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    lol not very good. Just seem to be the case a lot.
    Nah, just a case of 'selective retention'

Leave a comment:

• Stahmenah_Vybz
    replied
    lol not very good. Just seem to be the case a lot.

Leave a comment:

• AlienOverlord
    replied
    Really enjoyed this game after so many games where they blew their leads. AA impressed me with his passing tonight, I didn't think he was capable of those kind of plays and that one on one with Gasol was awesome. Really liked seeing Ross on Kobe too, gotta be a good learning experience for him.
    Would anyone like to start posting the box score on these threads? I really like looking at it but have trouble getting onto nba.com here in China...keeps redirecting me to the Chinese version of the site. Besides I think it'd be a good thing to have in these threads.

Leave a comment:

• ebrian
    replied
    How did your theory pan out?

Leave a comment:

• T.Dot
    replied
    joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Had the game on PVR, just watched it.

The Raptors best asset tonight? The Refs. Once again, they decided this game in my opinion. Raptors played great, don't get me wrong, but man... this was totally a make-up game handed down by the NBA. And I NEVER talk conspiracy.

But ya, Jose and Landry played great ball, and ED has proven himself our starting PF going forward. Been far more consistent that Barg ever was.
    Wow okay. This is very comparable to the 13 game sample. Bare in mind the teams he has played against on this 'consistency' that you speak of.
    I also agree with you on the part where the NBA gave the game to Toronto. There is no way in hell that Lakers would lose to Toronto, not saying that Toronto can't beat Lakers....just saying that Kobe wouldn't allow it.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Had the game on PVR, just watched it.

The Raptors best asset tonight? The Refs. Once again, they decided this game in my opinion. Raptors played great, don't get me wrong, but man... this was totally a make-up game handed down by the NBA. And I NEVER talk conspiracy.

But ya, Jose and Landry played great ball, and ED has proven himself our starting PF going forward. Been far more consistent that Barg ever was.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied

gotta love this

Leave a comment:

• Pill
    replied
    tkfu wrote: View Post
    Prior to this game, that lineup has been on the floor for a total of 9 minutes this season, over the course of 3 different games. During those 9 minutes, they were a net -2, the lineup being a plus two of the times it was used, and a minus the third.

Other small lineups with Amir at the C have been quite effective, the worst of the bunch being Calderon-DeRozan-Anderson-Kleiza-Johnson, which has played 24 minutes and has a net +/- of 0. Lowry-Ross-Fields-Anderson-Johnson is +11 in only 21 minutes--huge win. Calderon-Ross-DeRozan-Anderson-Johnson is +1 in 15 minutes. Lowry-Ross-DeRozan-Anderson-Johnson is +6 in only 13 minutes. The small lineup Amir's played in most frequently, however, is Lucas-Ross-Anderson-Kleiza-Johnson, which is a massive +19 in the 37 minutes (of which many were admittedly garbage time) they have played together.

This is why we should always ignore people who use the "eyeball test" to evaluate basketball. Small lineups with Amir at C are some of the most successful ones the Raptors have played all year.
    Thanks for the stats. But they dont really represent what I was talking about since they can include a lot of play against bench players. The fact that ross is represented 4/6 of these lineups and he is barely ever is featured at the end of games other than a short stretch of games indicates to me while these stats are nice they don't really represent what I was talking about.

The stretch of time from 6 minutes left in the 4th, their best players against our small lineup is when I am talking about. Admittedly it isn't something that gets heavy run but I notice he puts it out there from time to time with various players due to the injuries we have had. Why he does it in situations like today were the Lakers lose one of the premier interior defenders in the league to technical fouls rather than pounding it inside which was working in the 3rd is beyond me.

If you can break those down for only second half 4th quarter minutes that would be great. All I have ever seen caseys small lineup do at the end of games is watch leads dwindle away and pray they hold on. Most of these lineups you provided clearly aren't lineups that see the floor late in the 4th unless it is garbage time and I know there are some combinations that aren't represented here such as the dreaded 2 point guard setup or the times when Dom Maquire was here. Unless I am being ignored.

Leave a comment:

• Rapstor4Life
    replied
    DeRozan im sure he knows how he is playing dont worry he will bounce back to repeat what I said earlier, the kid is pure hard work, ugly game by him though no doubt. but he is playing against Kobe Bryant after all.

DeRozan: "The last couple of loses have been on me and I know that, definitely get back into the flow of things soon. I have been forcing things and losing my focus"

Dont worry about the guy, Great game by Fields and Im starting to become a Acy fan. Feels good to beat the Lakers forcing them to push another Panic button lol.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    you got that right Matty D

Leave a comment:

Working...
X