Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who's the best Center in the game right now??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think with Davis it's just because he's clearly more of a PF at this point, and that should probably stay his more natural position. It's easier to limit the discussion to guys who are generally considered true Cs.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      I think with Davis it's just because he's clearly more of a PF at this point, and that should probably stay his more natural position. It's easier to limit the discussion to guys who are generally considered true Cs.
      Fair enough, but physically they are not dissimilar.
      6'10" each, Howard has 20 pounds on him.
      That was my thinking.

Davis isn't playing center, but I think I would still choose him as my center over Howard.

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post
        Fair enough, but physically they are not dissimilar.
        6'10" each, Howard has 20 pounds on him.
        That was my thinking.

Davis isn't playing center, but I think I would still choose him as my center over Howard.
        In height they are not dissimilar....but in size, and perhaps more importantly, how they use their size, Davis is still not really a C. I think Davis is an ideal PF/C. You probably want a more bruising C beside him, but you can build your big rotation under the assumption Davis will play minutes at both.

Comment

Bargnani led the Knickerbockers in scoring again today.

BOOM!

Comment

hate to break it to you Craig but Andrea's not a center
            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
            No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

And more rebounds than Felton!

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                hate to break it to you Craig but Andrea's not a center
                But since Chandler's injury they've been playing him there!
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Bargnani for DPOY!

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
                    Bargnani for DPOY!

Someday.

Comment

Dont look now. But Drummond be in the 'NBA's best Center' convo by next year.

Drummond today against the 76ers: 31pts 19rbs 6stl 2blk. 3mins left in the 4th.

The other night against the Lakers. Drummond had 13pts and 11rbs in 16mins.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

This is all he means to me at the moment:

But yeah, he's an absolute beast. Hope he continues this.
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Drummond has been the best C in the league this year. Rebounding as well as Dwight overall, with more offensive rebounds. Not as many blocks, but much better in terms of steals and turnovers. He's also been around 62% at the rim in just over 1800 mins, so that efficiency appears to be consistent.

Even with a big increase in mpg, his numbers are getting better across the board. He's in the convo for best C right now, likely the leader much sooner than a 2-year window.

Comment

Drummond has no offensive talent.
                            Cousins is better than Drummond.
                            Last edited by tucas; Mon Dec 2, 2013, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Incorrect. Drummond is making nearly 2/3 of his shots at the rim. Significantly more so than Cousins. I guess you would consider Cousins making about 36% of his shots outside the paint as the offensive talent that Drummond doesn't have. Missing shots isn't much of a talent though.

Comment

MrBlack wrote: View Post
                                Incorrect. Drummond is making nearly 2/3 of his shots at the rim. Significantly more so than Cousins. I guess you would consider Cousins making about 36% of his shots outside the paint as the offensive talent that Drummond doesn't have. Missing shots isn't much of a talent though.
                                Drummond is a big body that can throw the ball down hard. No talent. Cousins can post up and is adding a face up game to his offense. Thats somethig yyou will never see from Drummond

Comment

Working...
                                X