Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who's the best Center in the game right now??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    Shaq was a big body too that can throw the ball down hard. And oh he can't shoot. I guess he has no talent too.
    Drummond has A LOT to do to be linked to Shaq.

Shaq couldn't shoot, but he had excellent footwork and a great touch around the basket, that while limited to close range, still didn't depend on just dunks and lay-ins.

Drummond has no feel for scoring. His shots all look awkward. A big reason for his success so far this season is that he's benefiting from playing off the ball but still being involved. He gets lots of easy buckets because his teammates actually look for him on duck-ins, the p'n'r, putbacks (while he's a great rebounder, even some of these are dependent on teammates drawing the attention of the D), etc....You wouldn't just dump the ball in to Drummond and expect him to get you a bucket (unless he's deep and right at the basket). He's very far from that. Basically useless beyond 4 ft...and even within 4 ft, if you don't think he has the positioning to just rise and dunk it's not a great play to make.

*Drummond to me, in terms of the kind of player he is, is in that Mutombo - Ben Wallace class of player. He can dominate defensively and on the glass, and if he plays smart he'll get you efficient offence on the other end. Now Drummond is more athletic than Mutombo, and bigger than Wallace. He could easily put up 15 and 15 for years, but his offensive game is so raw that I'm not convinced he'll ever be one of your primary offensive options in terms of running plays for him, especially in the post.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Dec 6, 2013, 03:27 PM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Drummond has no feel for scoring. His shots all look awkward. A big reason for his success so far this season is that he's benefiting from playing off the ball but still being involved. He gets lots of easy buckets because his teammates actually look for him on duck-ins, the p'n'r, putbacks etc
      I mentioned this before, but I'll point it out again; Drummond has taken two shots outside the paint this year, so I guess you're saying his layups/dunks look awkward? He makes 65% of them, so they probably don't look that bad. You say it as "he gets easy buckets" when what you describe actually sounds more like he gets buckets that aren't flashy, which is different. Being in great position to score at the rim is not easy. Otherwise more players would excel at it to the extent that AD does.

However, much of the rest of what you say is very true. A Drummond iso-offense is hard to picture and not likely to yield great results. But given that he has now crossed the 1800 minute mark (career) and has consistently been an elite rebounder, and highly efficient scorer, do you not think that he is past the point of teams ignoring his presence for baskets and rebounds, as you suggested? Maybe it is not that his offensive game is "raw", maybe it is smarter and much more productive his way.

Comment

Bynum's last 4 games:

Comment

Hibbert is looking like the guy right now.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
            Hibbert is looking like the guy right now.
            Yep, dude has been a monster defensively and his offense has come a long way since he came to the league

Comment

Drummond is basically a 7 foot Ben Wallace, which is freaking scary

Comment

A Davis last 5 games.... :

35 PTS, 13.0 REB, 1.5 AST, 1.8 BLK, 2.3 fouls p/g

Pels bout to beat Miami.

Comment

Working...
                X