Tracy "Nolan Ryan" McGrady??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracy "Nolan Ryan" McGrady??

Retired NBA superstar Tracy McGrady may be looking to rejoin professional athletics as a pitcher for the Sugar Land Skeeters of the Indepenedent League.

The news first came to light when ESPN‘s Jeff Van Gundy mentioned during a game between the Oklahoma City Thunder and Brooklyn Nets that McGrady was working out with the Skeeters and his pitches were clocked at 91 mph.

The report has since been confirmed by Randy McIlvoy of Houston’s KPRC-TV, who added that McGrady has trained with Roger Clemens, who pitched for the Skeeters two seasons ago, and whose son Kody is currently the team’s catcher.

McGrady has previously mentioned a desire to pursue a baseball career, describing the sport as his ‘first love’, according to LarryBrownSports.com.

Randy McIlvoy @RandyMcIlvoy
    Sources w/the @SL_Skeeters tell me that Tracy McGrady is eyeing pro baseball as a pitcher. CLocked at 91 MPH. Working out for 2 months.

Randy McIlvoy @RandyMcIlvoy
    I am also told that Tracy McGrady's workout routine has been 2-3 times/wk throwing & working some w/Roger Clemens. @SL_Skeeters #hounews

Source
    Crazy... 91mph isn't anything to scoff at ... that's legit.
    I wonder what his control is like.

I wish him the best, and he'll probably be able to be a pro baseball player of a few years, but I don't he'll ever play a game in the Major League. Nothing wrong with that though, earning 50-100k a year to continue to play sports with less pressure is a great way to ease into retirement.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

McGrady, what a skeet...lol

Comment

If his entrance song isn't by the Ying Yang twins, I'll be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
        X