Everything Patrick Patterson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking along the same lines. He's getting a lot of undeserving flack on these boards mainly because he's not Aldridge.

Is he an ideal candidate for our starting lineup? Probably not. But in my opinion, Ross was a much weaker link last year, than I anticipate Patterson being this year.
    Boom. Love Amir, but the starting lineup has improved, i.e.

Carroll + 2PAT >> Ross + Amir's ankles.

The real question is the bench:

Is JJ + Wright + Biyombo + Ross + CoJo + Scola > Lou + GV + 2Pat + JJ+ Hans + Hayes + Fields? Defensively, it's not even close to being close.

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
      The PF is a trade off in my opinion , Amir was beloved in TO and elevated greater than his talent. Amir played many times injured and missed a number of games. The Raptors PF position is a wash with PPat & Scola.
      Now use the larger salary of PPat to upgrade your starting PF position -as Dan indicates there is talent out there at the PF to trade for and now we have the assets to utilize to achieve the starting talent upgrade of a Faried or Monkrieff. PPat+Bebe with a 1st pick as well in 2016 or 2017.
      I assume you mean Markeiff Morris and not Sidney Moncrief. I don't think that Morris is an upgrade over Patterson. MOrris logged way more minutes and had a larger role when it came to scoring the ball, but take a look at his per 40 stats and you will see a guy who scores more but it not a better rebounder and shoots the ball far worse as well. They were born in the same year so no advantage there, Patterson even has slightly better size/length.

As for Faried, how does he fit on our roster? Can't shoot and, again, born same year as Patterson. He is a better rebounder and defender, which is a plus, but how well does he fit with the roster we are building.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Is JJ + Wright + Biyombo + Ross + CoJo + Scola > Lou + GV + 2Pat + JJ+ Hans + Hayes + Fields? Defensively, it's not even close to being close.
        should be more efficient on offense too
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I feel like Patrick is going to prove a lot of people wrong on this forum. The man is a mobile big who hits threes, plays hard, and is self-aware. Calipari didn't raise no chump.

Comment

Luke Ridnour has more posts on his everything thread that 2Pat.

Just. Not. Right!

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
              Luke Ridnour has more posts on his everything thread that 2Pat.

Just. Not. Right!
              i miss Ridnour

Comment

I would think new lineup is better.

Defense is usually consistent night to night. On offense, especially with last years team, getting hot night to night was hit or miss.

Comment

Exactly. I don't get how everyone is complaining. Scola has some fuel left in the tank and this everyone trying to suggest we sign another small forward are forgetting we have JJ and we can finally play him properly with minutes. We have a defensive back up so we don't have to play guys like Chuck Hayes or Amir as a back up C cause... they aren't a C they are a band aid. 2pat I think can play starter he isn't the best pf but he can play starter. He has a solid 3 point and mid range game and he can jump out of hte gym and plays as a high iq guy. Portis wouldn't have contributed well this season and if lowry gets injured we needed somone to back up cojo...so delon was the "wright" pick haha. He also saw that we struggled defensively so we changed it to an all defence roster. Ross is on the bench finally which is really where he should be. Our bench is more than capable of scoring with ross cojo and scola ... and even JJ but it is also a bench that can hold down the fort properly.

We will get a 4 next year when we have 2 draft picks. Either through the better pick that we get or through trading one of our picks.

Comment

Scola imho is better than Sullinger but a second would have netted McBob with 2 years left and a passing 4 with JV might be better. Casey with Scola screams misuse and out of position

Comment

If 2Pat is the weakest link in our starting 5, I'm perfectly fine with that. He should have more open looks if people focus on Lowry, DD and Carroll. His floor spacing will be key for slashing.
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                        If 2Pat is the weakest link in our starting 5, I'm perfectly fine with that. He should have more open looks if people focus on Lowry, DD and Carroll. His floor spacing will be key for slashing.
                        its not like the Raptors are short bodies at the 4. If 2Pats doesnt work next man up.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                          I assume you mean Markeiff Morris and not Sidney Moncrief. I don't think that Morris is an upgrade over Patterson. MOrris logged way more minutes and had a larger role when it came to scoring the ball, but take a look at his per 40 stats and you will see a guy who scores more but it not a better rebounder and shoots the ball far worse as well. They were born in the same year so no advantage there, Patterson even has slightly better size/length.

As for Faried, how does he fit on our roster? Can't shoot and, again, born same year as Patterson. He is a better rebounder and defender, which is a plus, but how well does he fit with the roster we are building.
                          I honestly feel like you need to play both twins together almost like the canucks sedins.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                            Less work too because he won't have weak wing defence and dribble penetration being the issue. JV will improve because of this too.

Comment

I love PP in the SL. His shooting should take us closer to being an elite squad behind the arc, really spacing the court for JV, DD, and KL. He brings the same veteran swagger and professionalism as that same perimeter trio. His rebounding wasn't a problem on our tiny 2nd unit last year (as far as I know our differentials were fine), so it shouldn't be a problem sandwiched between Carroll and Jonas. Finally, we get a lot of continuity with our starters - 1.5 seasons with the three other starters, they know how to play together.

I hope he's working on attacking close-outs with the dribble from behind the arc, and attacking the lane after screening a la Draymond Green at the high post. With Scola, and potentially JJ, as the power forward rotation, we maintain (and improve) a high skill level at that spot.
                              Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Thu Jul 9, 2015, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Not sure how much Dallas plans to rebuild. If they trade Dirk, PPat + picks works. Would that elevate us to East contenders?

Comment

Working...
                                X