Everything Patrick Patterson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I sense some sarcasm there. I don't think Jonas is that guy. At least not yet.
    This year is a bit of a down year in the post from him. Dropped from about 1 PPP to about 0.9 PPP.

And still, among high usage post players (>20% of their plays are in the post, >100 total post plays) he ranks 12th in the league in efficiency from there. In a down year.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I sense some sarcasm there. I don't think Jonas is that guy. At least not yet.
      Jonas is literally above league average efficiency from everywhere he shoots the ball from, on every play type we run for him.

So why don't we find out if he's bad at being a post guy before we trade him?
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        This year is a bit of a down year in the post from him. Dropped from about 1 PPP to about 0.9 PPP.

And still, among high usage post players (>20% of their plays are in the post, >100 total post plays) he ranks 12th in the league in efficiency from there. In a down year.
        How many points do teams average in the half court on all types of plays?
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          How many points do teams average in the half court on all types of plays?
          I believe, and this is without checking, that league average PPP when you remove transition is ~0.96.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            I believe, and this is without checking, that league average PPP when you remove transition is ~0.96.
            Only 14 of 53 players with 100+ postups average .96 or better. Why are they posting up so often?
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Only 14 of 53 players with 100+ postups average .96 or better. Why are they posting up so often?
              Post players bend defences. Can draw fouls and can be a playmaker, even play initiator, as perimeter play made against defenders scrambling back out from the paint is often more effective.

But also, post ups are medium reward, high consistency plays. Sure, you like getting good looks from 3, because they are high reward, but they are also highly volatile. There are times when you need a score, whether it be in the clutch or just to calm down the offence and set your defence, and post play is pretty effective at consistently generating points (if you are a good post player).

Score rate (percentage of plays that end with at least a point) for post ups ranges across the league from about 40 to 50% for teams. Isolation is more like 35-45%. Spot up jumpers are 35-45% as well. Shooting off a pick and roll yields about 30-45% score rate. Hitting the roll man is the best, at 45-55%, but it's a lot harder to successfully get the roll man the ball in a PnR than to post someone up.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Well we won't know until he gets more than 5 to 8 shots a game.
                Will that ever happen under Casey?

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                  Jonas is literally above league average efficiency from everywhere he shoots the ball from, on every play type we run for him.

So why don't we find out if he's bad at being a post guy before we trade him?
                  Why do you want to trade him?

Comment

Why do you want to trade him?
                    I don't, I'm trying to understand why so many do. I think that if the DeMar/Lowry core fails, the fallback right now is a JV/Ross/CoJo/Patterson core and those guys need to be held onto unless we're bringing back a superstar in return.

Comment

• x-rays negative on the ankle man thats great
                      but that made me think about Patman this year
                      remeber in the first 20-30 games what utter dog shit he was playing and i am so glad he turned it around because he is a great role player that the team needs

good on you 2pat for turning it around

Comment

• Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
                        x-rays negative on the ankle man thats great
                        but that made me think about Patman this year
                        remeber in the first 20-30 games what utter dog shit he was playing and i am so glad he turned it around because he is a great role player that the team needs

good on you 2pat for turning it around
                        Nicely said 2pat,cory,biz,terrance and possible jj if and Mr Carroll returns gives us a very good bench and since that 20 game mark 2pat has added a versatile player off the bench hit the three,so versatile on d as well. Scola may start but 2 pat is usally ending the close game and getting more minutes. I sure both DC and Masai know his value.

Comment

• Zach Lowe sounds like he's leaning towards voting for Patterson for Sixth Man of the Year! #6Man

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=15156273

Starts around the 45 minute mark, and then follows with some bonus Raptors talk between him and JVG.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            Zach Lowe sounds like he's leaning towards voting for Patterson for Sixth Man of the Year! #6Man

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=15156273

Starts around the 45 minute mark, and then follows with some bonus Raptors talk between him and JVG.
                            he deserves it.

Comment

• That swat on Cleanthony Early was just downright disrespectful.

Comment

• http://www.theplayerstribune.com/pat...onto-playoffs/

Another gem by Patterson for the Player's Tribune

Comment

Working...
                                X