No announcement yet.

Everything Greivis Vasquez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly I think Houston probably ends up doing little. Maybe bring back their own guys and settle for a bench PG like Mo Williams with a small free agent deal. But they're definitely a team I'd be calling if I was Masai.

Also something about the "they can get something way better for Jones" line of thinking. What exactly? He has little value on his own, being on a small rookie deal. And he's not enough to get a legit all-star/near all-star talent, so they'd need to give up way more to go after such guys.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      That's true about Asik, but that was also at a different stage in their building process. They're just coming off a conf. Finals appearance. So part of it would be hoping they feel pressure to make a move to try and help them gain any ground at all. Convincing them Vasquez is the right move is a different story. But again, doesn't look like there are a ton of options for them in the backcourt.
      A few options in FA that I'd peg around similar value to Vasquez.

CJ Watson
      Stuckey
      Joseph
      Cole
      Bynum
      Lin
      Barea
      Mo Williams
      Aaron Brooks
      Dellavedova

A possible trade target could be Shelvin Mack from Atlanta. Mack has been pushed back to 3rd string, but he's a very solid backup PG, and would cost less in a trade (and $ wise) than Vasquez.

I don't see Houston being so out of options that giving up Jones for Vasquez makes sense to them.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        A few options in FA that I'd peg around similar value to Vasquez.

CJ Watson
        Stuckey
        Joseph
        Cole
        Bynum
        Lin
        Barea
        Mo Williams
        Aaron Brooks
        Dellavedova

A possible trade target could be Shelvin Mack from Atlanta. Mack has been pushed back to 3rd string, but he's a very solid backup PG, and would cost less in a trade (and $ wise) than Vasquez.

I don't see Houston being so out of options that giving up Jones for Vasquez makes sense to them.
        Most of those guys are worse as either playmakers or scorers/shooters. I agree they could take one of those options (as i point out in an above post with Mo Williams), but I don't think they'd be thrilled with that scenario either.

Comment

Honestly I think Houston probably ends up doing little. Maybe bring back their own guys and settle for a bench PG like Mo Williams with a small free agent deal. But they're definitely a team I'd be calling if I was Masai.

Also something about the "they can get something way better for Jones" line of thinking. What exactly? He has little value on his own, being on a small rookie deal. And he's not enough to get a legit all-star/near all-star talent, so they'd need to give up way more to go after such guys.
          Terrence Jones has a ton of value, and the rookie deal makes him even more valuable. You get a starting caliber PF for only $2M for a year, then have him as a RFA. He's a legit stretch 4 (.351 3pt%), has true PF size, is a pretty good defender, is very efficient on offense. I could see them keeping him and letting Smith walk, at least that seems like the smart thing to do.

Any team in the market for a starting PF would love to trade for Jones. They can use Papanik as filler to get the salaries up if need be.

Comment

Most of those guys are worse as either playmakers or scorers/shooters. I agree they could take one of those options (as i point out in an above post with Mo Williams), but I don't think they'd be thrilled with that scenario either.
            Vasquez can hit open 3's, but the rest of his offense is dogshit (that stupid fucking floater), hence his .408 FG%. His TS% is also bad at .514. I think Vasquez is pretty comparable to everyone listed. Maybe a bit better, maybe a bit worse. None of them are worth Terrence Jones.

Comment

• i don't think Morey is as smart as everyone says he is but he's definitely not dumb enough to deal Jones for Vasquez
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Terrence Jones has a ton of value, and the rookie deal makes him even more valuable. You get a starting caliber PF for only $2M for a year, then have him as a RFA. He's a legit stretch 4 (.351 3pt%), has true PF size, is a pretty good defender, is very efficient on offense. I could see them keeping him and letting Smith walk, at least that seems like the smart thing to do.

Any team in the market for a starting PF would love to trade for Jones. They can use Papanik as filler to get the salaries up if need be.
                Jones plus Pap gets you basically around $7M, or roughly Vasquez's salary. How many great players are they going to get for that? They'd have to add money. And the way teams are ransoming players for picks these days, probably have to throw in at least a first rounder. Maybe a second rounder too.

For instance I could see Houston having real interest in Lawson. Fast PG who's good in the p'n'r and in transition. Decent shooter and doesnt' need to dominate the ball. Well, Denver was asking crazy prices for guys like Mozgov and Chandler. Now, it's entirely possible Houston would be willing to meet a high price, but it would be just that, a high price.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  i don't think Morey is as smart as everyone says he is but he's definitely not dumb enough to deal Jones for Vasquez
                  It all comes back to their lack of other moveable pieces beyond the glut of young bigs they have.

It'd be a best-case. I'd happily take D-Mo, Capela, or a first round pick (it can be heavily protected).

Comment

Jones plus Pap gets you basically around $7M, or roughly Vasquez's salary. How many great players are they going to get for that? They'd have to add money. And the way teams are ransoming players for picks these days, probably have to throw in at least a first rounder. Maybe a second rounder too.

For instance I could see Houston having real interest in Lawson. Fast PG who's good in the p'n'r and in transition. Decent shooter and doesnt' need to dominate the ball. Well, Denver was asking crazy prices for guys like Mozgov and Chandler. Now, it's entirely possible Houston would be willing to meet a high price, but it would be just that, a high price.
                    Kinda going in circles here. My bottom line is there is no way in hell GV is getting us Terrence Jones. GV is not that attractive of a player.

Comment

Kinda going in circles here. My bottom line is there is no way in hell GV is getting us Terrence Jones. GV is not that attractive of a player.
                      Maybe not, but we'll see how Houston's offseason plays out. Part of my line of thinking is they'd strike out or be unable to get the legit starter caliber player they might be looking for, and then you hope desperation sets in.

Comment

I don't think that's completely true.

He gets a bit too much shit on these forums, and I'm often the one banging the drum, but he's a talented player with good size.

The idea I've thrown around is sending him to Houston. It's no secret now that Harden wants help in the backcourt....
                        -But would a legit starter accept a lesser role next to Harden? Dude needs the ball in his hands a lot.
                        -So maybe a back up is the ideal fit. That way you keep Harden-Beverley intact in the starting lineup, and a guy like Greivis can play next to either one.

So I'd see about sending Vasquez to Houston, and trying to get two pieces that might not fit well for them...Jones and Papanikolaou (Houston would have to pick up Pap's team option for next year before trading him).
                        I put this in the trade forum but it didn't get any attention because it wasn't a trade for 3 top 10 picks and Lebron James.

GV to OKC for McGary (no minutes when they sign Kanter), PJ3 (no minutes at all) and DJ Augustin (backup PG/filler). Raptors get a young SF and PF on rookie contracts and I think they also save a bit of money for next year.

Edit: and for why OKC would do it? GV is arguably a better backup than DJ and he's also an old friend of KD. Maybe not the best trade motivation but keeping KD is their main goal after all.

I also think that wouldn't be enough for Houston to give up Jones.
                        Last edited by Mess; Fri Jun 5, 2015, 12:52 PM.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                          I put this in the trade forum but it didn't get any attention because it wasn't a trade for 3 top 10 picks and Lebron James.

GV to OKC for McGary (no minutes when they sign Kanter), PJ3 (no minutes at all) and DJ Augustin (backup PG/filler). Raptors get a young SF and PF on rookie contracts and I think they also save a bit of money for next year.

i could get behind that
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I could see you maybe getting Augustin and one of the young guys. Not likely to get both. Mostly because I can't see them giving up on McGary. He played pretty damn well when healthy, so I expect they'll want to see if he can stay healthy. Maybe if you're really lucky you can squeeze something extra out of them.

But I can't see that actually working. I can't see Augustin wanting to come back and play for Casey, who almost destroyed his career.

Comment

Edit: and for why OKC would do it? GV is arguably a better backup than DJ and he's also an old friend of KD. Maybe not the best trade motivation but keeping KD is their main goal after all.

It didn't get any attention because almost no one uses the trade forum. 593 currently viewing the everything Raptors forum, 20 viewing the trade forum. The other forum sections are pretty much useless unless you like talking to yourself.

Comment

It didn't get any attention because almost no one uses the trade forum. 593 currently viewing the everything Raptors forum, 20 viewing the trade forum. The other forum sections are pretty much useless unless you like talking to yourself.
                                The trade Forums are sacred grounds for 10forthewin.

I don't remember the last time he posted in a forum other the the trade forum
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X