No announcement yet.

Everything Greivis Vasquez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Vasquez would make our defense a lot worse!

Other NBA Pg's would love to go 1on1 against him for 35MPG
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
      Starting Vasquez would make our defense a lot worse!

Other NBA Pg's would love to go 1on1 against him for 35MPG
      The expected development of JV's defence by next season could help offset some of that at least.

Comment

Just wanted to revive this thread. What do you want to do with greivas and his big balls this offseason

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
          Just wanted to revive this thread. What do you want to do with greivas and his big balls this offseason

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
          Renounce
          Resign
          Match
          Sign and trade

Not trying to be a dick but it depends on what happens at draft and with Lowry.

I think resign for reasonable contract, less than $4m, is ideal. With his size he can play PG or SG. Towards end of Nets series he guarded JJ better than anyone.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            ...With his size he can play PG or SG. Towards end of Nets series he guarded JJ better than anyone.
            Funny, because when he came onto the team, the knock on him was poor defense.

Comment

GV is the bait for KD.. can't give up on him until at least 2016

Comment

If he willingly resigns for a contract at less than 4 million I will eat a teaspoon of my own shit
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  If he willingly resigns for a contract at less than 4 million I will eat a teaspoon of my own shit
                  Good Lord thead.... moderate yourself.

Although, I hope you eat that teaspoon!

Comment

And send a picture!
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

That's fuckin gnarly

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        Good Lord thead.... moderate yourself.

Although, I hope you eat that teaspoon!
                        007 wrote: View Post
                        And send a picture!
                        My morbid side suddenly hopes he signs an increasing multi-year deal starting at $3.9M, so we can create an entire thread to debate first-year salary VS average annual salary!

Comment

Greivis is a great sixth man. We need him. And his lack of speed is less glaring when he's guarding a SG.

He'd even be helpful to play alongside a rookie point guard coming off the bench.
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

If Lowry walks I have no desire to replace him with Vasquez. Vasquez did fine against backups but facing starter-caliber point guards every night would be Jose part 2: it would put way too much of a burden on the rest of our defense, and the whole thing would turn to shit.

Sure he started for New Orleans, but they finished 30-52 with the 28th worst defence in the league. The opponents' Orating improved by 4.2 when he was on the floor compared to when he was off.

Dude is a fine backup but he is easily replaced.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              If Lowry walks I have no desire to replace him with Vasquez. Vasquez did fine against backups but facing starter-caliber point guards every night would be Jose part 2: it would put way too much of a burden on the rest of our defense, and the whole thing would turn to shit.

Sure he started for New Orleans, but they finished 30-52 with the 28th worst defence in the league. The opponents' Orating improved by 4.2 when he was on the floor compared to when he was off.

Dude is a fine backup but he is easily replaced.
                              Well if Lowry walks, I think the expectation is that Toronto is likely taking a step back. In that scenario, it's fine to have Vasquez as a placeholder PG for a season or two (you know, until Ennis is ready to start )

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Well if Lowry walks, I think the expectation is that Toronto is likely taking a step back. In that scenario, it's fine to have Vasquez as a placeholder PG for a season or two (you know, until Ennis is ready to start )
                                If I have to watch Vasquez start for two seasons I will need a liver replacement. I couldn't handle 164 games of blackout-level despair-driven drinking.

Comment

Working...
                                X