Everything Greivis Vasquez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stooley wrote: View Post
    Ok haha, well that makes more sense. But still, I'd rather tank. We're gonna be pretty crappy trying to replace Lowry with Vasquez I think.
    Tanking doesn't work. If it did, Philly would've gotten the 1st overall pick. Instead they're going to get Embiid, who will be a bust. Trust me. Those back issues aren't going away. Cleveland gets Wiggins. Trust me, Deng is gone.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
      Tanking doesn't work. If it did, Philly would've gotten the 1st overall pick. Instead they're going to get Embiid, who will be a bust. Trust me. Those back issues aren't going away. Cleveland gets Wiggins. Trust me, Deng is gone.
      well that is entirely conjecture.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

What are you a fortune teller?

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          What are you, a fortune teller?
          First off, FYP.

Second, I'm no fortune teller. Just observing what I see in players. Back issues tend to linger. It's not something that goes away quickly. I've experienced back issues while playing baseball. Not fun.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

First off, FYP.

Second, I'm no fortune teller. Just observing what I see in players. Back issues tend to linger. It's not something that goes away quickly. I've experienced back issues while playing baseball. Not fun.
            FYP?

You're not observing, you're telling it like its a fact. Which is far from true

Comment

First off, FYP.

So... your back issues lead you to believe that tanking is not a viable strategy?

There are a lot of different ways to rebuild, tanking is one of them. Which one you choose should depend on your current situation. The rest is up to luck and execution.

This dead horse was beat pretty bad on the forum back in november.
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Honestly I'd rather be a treadmill team like the hawks than a tank gone wrong like the bobcats.

So much more excitement and you never know, we could get lucky and win it all hahah
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

yeah, because the Hawks totally have a chance to win it all.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                    yeah, because the Hawks totally have a chance to win it all.
                    They don't but they are in a better position than the bobcats and they haven't sucked in the longest time

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                      Honestly I'd rather be a treadmill team like the hawks than a tank gone wrong like the bobcats.

So much more excitement and you never know, we could get lucky and win it all hahah
                      Teams don't get lucky and win it all in the NBA. The NBA is the single most reliable sport in terms of the best teams winning year to year. You want underdogs winning you'll have to go watch the NFL or NHL. Being a 5-8 seed gives you almost no chance of winning the championship, and close to as poor a chance to even make the conference finals.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Teams don't get lucky and win it all in the NBA. The NBA is the single most reliable sport in terms of the best teams winning year to year. You want underdogs winning you'll have to go watch the NFL or NHL. Being a 5-8 seed gives you almost no chance of winning the championship, and close to as poor a chance to even make the conference finals.
                        I know but lets say one year all your mediocre players elavate their game and they overacheive. They can make a solid run in the playoffs. Who knows maybe one of them could durastically improve and becone a second tier star

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

Comment

I know but lets say one year all your mediocre players elavate their game and they overacheive. They can make a solid run in the playoffs. Who knows maybe one of them could durastically improve and becone a second tier star

Yeah, and even in that dream Cinderella story scenario, they probably top out in the conference semis. Yay?
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah, and even in that dream Cinderella story scenario, they probably top out in the conference semis. Yay?
                            Better than being in high lottery team for most of the decade only to have a first round exit and then being back in the lottery. Yay?

Comment

Better than being in high lottery team for most of the decade only to have a first round exit and then being back in the lottery. Yay?

Yeah, but that's the worst case scenario for that approach. Whereas for your approach I described what historically has been the best case scenario.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah, but that's the worst case scenario for that approach. Whereas for your approach I described what historically has been the best case scenario.
                                No worst case would be being a treadmill team to becoming a high lottery team to treadmill team all because of a mediocre free agent signing and not because of your tank players. Ie the charlotte bobcats...

They went from the chandler/diaw nediocre team to a tanking team back to a jefferson/henderson mediocre team. Was it worth it. NO

Comment

Working...
                                X