Steve Kerr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Kerr

Everyone and their mother wants to hire Steve Kerr as their next head coach.

Guy has ZERO coaching experience. He didn't do anything great in Phoenix as GM (made a number of not-so-great moves, though Rob Sarver took the blame). Unlike other former NBA players, Kerr was never groomed by another coach, nor was he ever known as a vocal leader or a player-coach (like Jason Kidd, Mark Jackson, etc).

Why?
    your pal,
    ebrian

I'm not sure why Warriors r trying to land this guy tbh. They need someone with experience.

Steve Kerr has no experience, but he learned from legendary NBA coaches, he's got high basketball IQ.. I think he would be perfect for rebuilding team with experienced assistants.

Comment

Nobody knows...Phil Jackson wants him so now everyone does.

Or maybe GSW only wants to hire guys with broadcasting experience.

Comment

I sort of wonder if the sudden pursuit of Steve Kerr by just about every team is really just a case of perception than reality.. as though the hiring of Steve Kerr as a head coach has gone viral when in reality no one has called besides Phil Jackson. The thing about Jackson is that his coaching tree is absolutely abysmal. Jim Cleamons, Brian Shaw and Kurt Rambis is about it. Most of his former assistants have failed miserably.

Phil has to reach for some wild card because the Knicks have paid him to bring some magic, and if Phil Jackson hired Kurt Rambis -- well, that would be a pretty underwhelming news for the New York Knicks.

For Kerr's part, I think he wants to work in the NBA again. In the past he'd be rumored for jobs but he would deny them because broadcasting is fun. Now there is some interest on his part so he's no longer pushing back on the rumor mill, and since there's no push back, the rumor has absolutely EXPLODED.

I guess things like this sort of just happen when NYC media gets involved.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

I think the main reason he gets a lot of interest is that he was coached by both Jackson & Popovich, and is still close with both.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

As a commentator his IQ definitely comes through. The guy knows the game.

But I'd say Phil wants him because he knows the triangle.

And like others have said... if Phil wants him, then the Lakers definitely want him. And if both of them want him, then everyone else wants him.

Comment

Guess the warriors really do like hiring commentators after all.

Comment

$25M, 5 year contract. I don't understand GSW execs.. really weird management team. Fired Mark Jackson to hire rookie coach ( + gave him 5 years!!! ).

Comment

Hahahaha! Fuck the Knicks!!
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Gotta love twitter in times like this.
                    " Knicks drop to 0-1 in post season standings"
                    " Knicks hit with Kerrveball"

Seems odd, rookie coach now among the very highest paid in the entire league.

Comment

Lol, Kerrveball.
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Ridiculous. Jackson should never have been fired. I don't get Kerr coming in when Byron Scott, Karl and others are available. This will mot end well.

Comment

Jackson was difficult to deal with, a high maintenance guy. The Bible thumping was a turn off. Kerr is not green at all. Played at a high level, excellent GM, intelligent and most importantly he has the people skills to deal with players.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                            Jackson was difficult to deal with, a high maintenance guy. The Bible thumping was a turn off. Kerr is not green at all. Played at a high level, excellent GM, intelligent and most importantly he has the people skills to deal with players.
                            Well.. It's never been a problem with Phil Jackson.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                              $25M, 5 year contract. I don't understand GSW execs.. really weird management team. Fired Mark Jackson to hire rookie coach ( + gave him 5 years!!! ).
                              i'm sure zen master help jack up his price
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                              X