No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd rather see Bruno get a steady 30 mpg in the D league for one more year. This is basically his college experience. It's tough for a raw, young player to jump into the NBA with any amount of minutes - the league changed the rules to avoid this kind of situation because they were wasting young talent.

Next year Bruno should be ready for bench minutes.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Okay guys everyone is in agreement that JJ should be getting those backup SF minutes, no is disputing that. The point that is being made is JJ WILL NOT be getting those minutes. Casey is the coach if you've forgotten and he dislikes JJ for whatever reason and has said mulitple times he will be playing the 4. He even said there is an opening for the backup small forward spot. SOOOO I'm just saying if you don't want to have to play DD or T Ross out of position anymore Bruno and Powell are our ONLY options as backup SF. One of them is going to get those minutes whether you guys like it or not. I'm just trying to look at the positives of that. I really don't see Bruno having any pressure just because he's getting NBA minutes. It's not like he's being looked upon to carry the second unit. He's just there to play D and hit 3's for 10-15 mins. I feel you guys need to just get over the JJ thing at this point because it ain't happening. Until Casey proves he's bullshitting I'm going to believe what he's been saying. Especially since it's a highly stupid idea and we all know Casey isn't the brightest coach in the bunch.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I would hope when Bruno makes mistakes Casey doesn't take him out too quickly seeing as we should be expecting them. But the good thing is if Bruno is REALLY struggling he will be forced to play JJ at the 3 unless he plays T Ross or DD out of position again this season. I don't get what the huge problem is. If the backup SF is the reason between us winning and losing we way bigger problems we'll have to deal with. He's literally only going to play 10-15 mins. Like let's all chill. And as I've said many times he can STILL play in the D League AND get NBA mins which would be the best of both worlds.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• we have*

Comment

• People went from chanting for Bruno to get garbage minutes constantly to be but hurt that he's actually going to get some NBA minutes on a consistent basis in meaningful games. I really don't understand the issue lol. I would like to hope playing Bruno is not the difference between us making the playoffs or not.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
              People went from chanting for Bruno to get garbage minutes constantly to be but hurt that he's actually going to get some NBA minutes on a consistent basis in meaningful games. I really don't understand the issue lol. I would like to hope playing Bruno is not the difference between us making the playoffs or not.
              Its not that i dont want to see him play, quite the opposite actually. I think he is better off playing in the d league for most of the season, then joining the team a more developed player. As you said, he will be asked to play defense and take threes, and while this is beneficial it would be more beneficial to playe 3x more in the d league where he will have more opportunities to improve.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                Its not that i dont want to see him play, quite the opposite actually. I think he is better off playing in the d league for most of the season, then joining the team a more developed player. As you said, he will be asked to play defense and take threes, and while this is beneficial it would be more beneficial to playe 3x more in the d league where he will have more opportunities to improve.
                Okay I get that point as well no question. My question is though, if Casey sticks to what he's been saying and doesn't play JJ at the 3 at all who is going to be our back up 3 if you don't want it to be Bruno? All of you guys are just assuming Casey is bullshitting and is going to play JJ there but if you know him he's pretty crazy and I can so see him keeping his word. He never does the most logical thing with anything he does coaching wise. Anyone else we play there will be playing out of position which none of us want, so I'm just not getting the solution here other than play Bruno, which isn't the worst thing in the world really.

Comment

But Bruno will need real NBA experience to improve. I'd say play him for the first several games and based on his performance, send him to the D-league or keep him as a role player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                    But Bruno will need real NBA experience to improve. I'd say play him for the first several games and based on his performance, send him to the D-league or keep him as a role player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Right now what Bruno needs most of all is basketball experience, against any opposition. He's barely played the past year and a half.

If he does well in the D League, and you want to bring him up halfway through the year for a steady 20 MPG against NBA talent, so be it. But I don't know that he is ready for that right now, and I'm sure he's not trusted enough by the coaches not to get the rope-a-dope treatment for mistakes.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Okay guys everyone is in agreement that JJ should be getting those backup SF minutes, no is disputing that. The point that is being made is JJ WILL NOT be getting those minutes. Casey is the coach if you've forgotten and he dislikes JJ for whatever reason and has said mulitple times he will be playing the 4. He even said there is an opening for the backup small forward spot. SOOOO I'm just saying if you don't want to have to play DD or T Ross out of position anymore Bruno and Powell are our ONLY options as backup SF. One of them is going to get those minutes whether you guys like it or not. I'm just trying to look at the positives of that. I really don't see Bruno having any pressure just because he's getting NBA minutes. It's not like he's being looked upon to carry the second unit. He's just there to play D and hit 3's for 10-15 mins. I feel you guys need to just get over the JJ thing at this point because it ain't happening. Until Casey proves he's bullshitting I'm going to believe what he's been saying. Especially since it's a highly stupid idea and we all know Casey isn't the brightest coach in the bunch.
                      If we accept that JJ is not playing the three, we have zero acceptable backups. Powell is no more capable of playing the 3 than DD or Ross are. Bruno is not ready for prime time.

Since we are in pre-season and this is the time for hope, I refuse to accept the inevitability of such a terrible rotation choice even if it is obviously going to happen.

And for the record I don't think we are all agreed that JJ should be getting those minutes, and that's a conversation I'm happy to have in the meantime.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        If we accept that JJ is not playing the three, we have zero acceptable backups. Powell is no more capable of playing the 3 than DD or Ross are. Bruno is not ready for prime time.

Since we are in pre-season and this is the time for hope, I refuse to accept the inevitability of such a terrible rotation choice even if it is obviously going to happen.

And for the record I don't think we are all agreed that JJ should be getting those minutes, and that's a conversation I'm happy to have in the meantime.
                        I agree we don't have any capable backups but Bruno is going to have to get those minutes and struggle at some point, why not let it be now? But at the end of the day I hope you guys are right and he comes to his senses and let's JJ play the damn 3. Like Casey is just such a frustrating human being. Ugh!

Comment

I agree we don't have any capable backups but Bruno is going to have to get those minutes and struggle at some point, why not let it be now? But at the end of the day I hope you guys are right and he comes to his senses and let's JJ play the damn 3. Like Casey is just such a frustrating human being. Ugh!
                          Raptor will be starting the season with a completely new defense. It's probably better to start Bruno on the D-league at least until everything gets settled down. Players can't cover his mistake if they are figuring things out too. DC might get really heavy minutes, close to 40 leaving one 8 minutes for Casey small ball with KL-CoJo and Demar at the 3

Comment

• I'd like to see Bruno start the year in the DLeague.

He needs game reps.

No question DLeague is inferior but reps are reps and in the DLeague he can be a focus - he won't be a focus with the Raps. Also, weaker competition should, hopefully, lead to more success, confidence, and develop good habits.

In the 2nd half of the season, up his NBA minutes - assuming he is ready. Right now I'm not sure he is ready.

For this to even be discussed is madness. There is a more than capable back up small forward on the roster for one more year.

Thankfully (I hope), Masai is the one making decision on demotions and call ups.

Comment

Lets call this the Clint Capela-Houston Rockets approach.

Personally I tend to agree that this year, D-League minutes are probably more important and better for Bruno's development. Hard to imagine him having a regular role with the big-league team. Frankly that goes for most of our young guys.

And I think it should be fairly easy to juggle the youngsters between the pro and d-league teams. Way I see it, rotation already has a top 9: Lowry, DeMar, Carroll, Pat, JV, Joseph, Ross, Scola, Biyombo...That basically leaves one spot for a somewhat regular rotation spot. In the early going, it may be hard for any of the youngsters to nab it. Casey may give JJ first swing (though who the fuck knows what Casey wants from JJ?). Or he may keep giving different young guys a shot until one of them secures it with some kind of consistent play. And lets not forget Casey has never been the most eager to play young guys. The most likely outcome might be more 2-PG lineups, and/or a tighter 3-wing rotation with DD, Ross and Carroll.

D-League minutes will be very important not just for Bruno, but also for Powell, Bennett, Wright and Bebe. Basically our entire 3rd string is young and untested. The more they get in-game experience and in-game reps for the skills they're working on, the better it is for their development and for the possibility of actually utilizing them in games that matter later on, even in this season.

Comment

• Call up Bruno only if he torching it in the DL.

Use JJ as your 3/4 backup, along with Bennett depending on the match-up.

My thoughts anyways.

Bruno shouldn't be playing NBA minutes unless it's at the end of the year and he's ready. Then... he'll be a fresh leg option for us in the playoffs.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X