No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That pass to the opposing defender is part of my pet peeve with him though. With those lanky arms, he needs extra time practicing zip-passes on target.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
      I'd be surprised if they're happy. The Bruno that played last night has no place in the NBA, and he doesn't look much improved at all over previous years. Could be an outlier, sure, but he doesn't look like he has an ounce of basketball IQ on the offensive end, and if he's supposed to be 3 and D, the 3 didn't look good last night either. The fact that he appears to have zero confidence in himself just compounds everything. I'm sure he's a nice kid, but the experiment is over, IMO.
      I've no idea why you'd think the "experiment is over" when he's under contract and a solid bet for (end of the) rotation minutes this season.

The word so far in training camp is that Caboclo has more than held his own, and that he’s closer than ever to finding a role on a team that is in flux, with a crowd of young players vying for minutes behind an established first unit.

“This year has been my best year in training camp,” he said. “I’m doing well, I’m more experienced, I can see the game easier, and I hope this year I get a lots of court time.”
      http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...wth-off-court/

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        I've no idea why you'd think the "experiment is over" when he's under contract and a solid bet for (end of the) rotation minutes this season.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...wth-off-court/
        They're not going to slag him in the press. If they're happy with him, then he must be playing a LOT better in practice. Can't see it. Would love to be wrong.
        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Just one game, I still wouldn't bet against him coming on strong as this preseason develops. I believe the staff have been quite happy with how he's performed in training camp.
          You see that's the thing about it though...it's NOT "just one game".

This the player we see consistently pretty much any time he hits a NBA court.

"One game" is also used when we've seen a player USUALLY look much better.

This was a bloody PRESEASON GAME IN HAWAII....really?! This is supposedly what he was "just nervous" about. He looks the same damn way each and every YEAR. It's been 3 already and not once was I impressed with what I seen and each time it's the same lame excuse.

The kid is simply not a NBA player. I'm willing to bet anyone here right now that OG as a later pick than Bruno, that played limited minutes in college, 2 years younger and supposed to be "raw" himself will have a better NBA game before Christmas than Bruno has had in 3-4 years as a NBA player. So what's the damn excuse?! When nearly everyone of them you give Bruno, you can use for OG. The problem is just that, it's just an excuse.

The kid has all time low bball IQ and court awareness, I'm not exaggerating when I say he makes Anthony Randolph look like a basketball savant. These excuses are so lame. Poeltl is the same age and has seen just as little PT yet has 2 less years knowing our system, experiencing the NBA crowds, lifestyle etc yet still doesn't look anywhere near as lost as Bruno.

This nonsense needs to stop.

Pending an actual miracle this kid is what we've seen and it's not a NBA player. I wish him all the best, he's a millionaire now on MLSE's buck, it's time to count our losses and move on.

Comment

• Also about claiming he's doing well in training practise....

They said the same about Sully and Carroll, where are they again?!? Nvm it being training lol who gives a shit about practise, definitely not me or AI. I want in game results not mythical stories of a great practise against Jamal Magloire.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
              They're not going to slag him in the press. If they're happy with him, then he must be playing a LOT better in practice. Can't see it. Would love to be wrong.
              They've been pretty consistent in saying it's time for Bruno to start bringing what they see in practice to games, and he did in the d-league finals.

Comment

• Hey, it's his time to put up or shut up. But it's just one (preseason) game - let's not pretend we've never seen him play good basketball before, because those that have paid attention have.

Comment

• We need a gif of his bound D that lead to a open dunk. It looked like a 2K play when you press X and get the wrong player.

Comment

• Alex91 wrote: View Post
                    We need a gif of his bound D that lead to a open dunk. It looked like a 2K play when you press X and get the wrong player.
                    That, and then there was the play where he passed it directly to a Clipper. Like, he thought his team was wearing the white jerseys.

That said, I'm still holding out hope!
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                      You see that's the thing about it though...it's NOT "just one game".

This the player we see consistently pretty much any time he hits a NBA court.

"One game" is also used when we've seen a player USUALLY look much better.

This was a bloody PRESEASON GAME IN HAWAII....really?! This is supposedly what he was "just nervous" about. He looks the same damn way each and every YEAR. It's been 3 already and not once was I impressed with what I seen and each time it's the same lame excuse.
                      Again, most times he's been on the court in the last, what, 6 months he's looked pretty solid actually - D-league playoffs where he went on to being the best player in the championship, last game of the season vs Cleveland, 2 or 3 games for Brazil, and now there a number of positive reports out of training camp.

The time to cut our losses is when his contract is up if we don't want to re-sign him.

Comment

• I don't expect much from the kid if he does something then great but to me he is a bench warmer

Comment

• I don't expect much from the kid if he does something then great but to me he is a bench warmer

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            That, and then there was the play where he passed it directly to a Clipper. Like, he thought his team was wearing the white jerseys.

That said, I'm still holding out hope!
                            Also I'm pretty sure they had to stop the game after FT because he subbed in, or was standing on the court when he wasnt allowed in the 2nd quarter. You could see the ref and players waiving someone back from the announcers table and he was the only person there.

Comment

That pass to the opposing defender is part of my pet peeve with him though. With those lanky arms, he needs extra time practicing zip-passes on target.
                              Practice what? he passed the ball to a Clipper player.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                He was worth the experiment (considering nobody outside of the 20th pick has really proven themselves), but this season will be the last we ever hear of Bruno's name.
                                I know you weren't defending him, but this above statement is completely false. There's been plenty of decent picks outside of the 20th in 2014. The following have all played more minutes than Caboclo, some a few are regular starters and some are REALLY good ie: Jokic.

22. Jordan Adams
                                23. Rodney Hood
                                24. Shabazz Napier
                                25. Clint Capela
                                26. PJ Hairston
                                27. Bogdan Bogdanovic
                                28. CJ Wilcox
                                30. Kyle Anderson
                                32. KJ McDaniels
                                33. Joe Harris
                                34. Cleanthony Early
                                36. Johnny O'Bryant