X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well deserved!
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I agree. And yeah, you can always fire him if things go south. MLSE is rich af!

Comment

• Deino wrote: View Post
        I said big guys rookies(Coboclo Bebe) progress is slow,not Wright and Powell(Powell proved his merit)while still waiting for Wright to emerge(he's 24).
        It's slow because Coboclo is fucking terrible and the only reason he was drafted was because of his freak physical stature and having a semblance of a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
          It's slow because Coboclo is fucking terrible and the only reason he was drafted was because of his freak physical stature and having a semblance of a shot.

not terrible, clearly improving. he is not manute bol. he knows how to play basketball and is getting better at it. i believe in bruno

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

Its funny how people have short term memory lol. He was "2 years away from being 2 years away", this season was his second year. Its not like its his 5th season and he is still in the D-League.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              not terrible, clearly improving. he is not manute bol. he knows how to play basketball and is getting better at it. i believe in bruno
              Manute was a block machine!

A.I wrote: View Post
              Its funny how people have short term memory lol. He was "2 years away from being 2 years away", this season was his second year. Its not like its his 5th season and he is still in the D-League.
              Truth.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                Manute was a block machine!
                lol. a manute fan in the house. haha.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  This was a no brainer after they won two rounds, regardless of your opinion of the coach.
                  Why have you turned into a homer this season?

Clearly Casey is not a good NBA head coach....

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

Then how did we get to the conference finals with our two all-stars playing like crap?

Did we cheat? Magic? The Woman in Red?

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
                      Then how did we get to the conference finals with our two all-stars playing like crap?

Did we cheat?
                      You seem to have already forgotten how we got to the conference finals. Short memory lol

Thing with this decision is I wont be able to say youre wrong for another year...so Im prepared to wait.

What I understand of the game, Casey does not prepare this team offensively or defensively very well. We are a step slow at best.

Comment

I'm not a Casey fan. But he did improve this year. Especially in the playoffs.

And with the benefits of continuity to a program, I don't see how you don't bring him back after that success and his recent display of being more open to adjustments - he sat DD for the 4th Q in two playoff games for playing badly (yes, he came back for OT in one of them but that's because Lowry fouled out - a decision I disagree with but understand). He actually had the team run offence through JV (it took him long enough but he proved he is capable of it) in the Heat series. He removed Scola from the starting lineup (6 months late but not never).

And if it's not working, I don't give a crap if MLSE is on the hook for a few years of Casey's salary if he needs to be fired. But I've personally seen improvements from Casey this season and in these playoffs that make him worth keeping in spite of the tremendously frustrating decisions he makes and the emphasis on guard scoring.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You seem to have already forgotten how we got to the conference finals. Short memory lol

Thing with this decision is I wont be able to say youre wrong for another year...so Im prepared to wait.

What I understand of the game, Casey does not prepare this team offensively or defensively very well. We are a step slow at best.
                          Please remind me how we got there and how Casey had no impact on it then?

Coaches, just like players can improve. He did a really great job this year. Of course he has flaws, but every coach does. He's not in the elite, elite group of Pop, Stevens, Carlisle but he's like a step down from that.

Comment

I'm not a Casey fan. But he did improve this year. Especially in the playoffs.

And with the benefits of continuity to a program, I don't see how you don't bring him back after that success and his recent display of being more open to adjustments - he sat DD for the 4th Q in two playoff games for playing badly (yes, he came back for OT in one of them but that's because Lowry fouled out - a decision I disagree with but understand). He actually had the team run offence through JV (it took him long enough but he proved he is capable of it) in the Heat series. He removed Scola from the starting lineup (6 months late but not never).

And if it's not working, I don't give a crap if MLSE is on the hook for a few years of Casey's salary if he needs to be fired. But I've personally seen improvements from Casey this season and in these playoffs that make him worth keeping in spite of the tremendously frustrating decisions he makes and the emphasis on guard scoring.
                            Casey finally made the adjustments that were apparent all season long in the playoffs; not starting Scola, using JV, etc but it took literally the entire season for it to happen. Coaching well in the playoffs after several seasons of the same issues kind of has a "fear the contract year" feeling to it. Plus there were still some real head scratchers during the playoffs (Game 1 vs Cavs, deciding to completely concede the rim to force them off the line and to play LeBron so tight like he's Curry for example) that cost us games.

If he coached all season long like he had in the majority of playoffs, then you'd feel more confident that he'd actually made the improvements. Masai needs to be comfortable that the playoff adjustments are reflective of what we will be seeing moving forward, because if not, we are definitely at our ceiling as a group with our best player entering his final contract year.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              Casey finally made the adjustments that were apparent all season long in the playoffs; not starting Scola, using JV, etc but it took literally the entire season for it to happen. Coaching well in the playoffs after several seasons of the same issues kind of has a "fear the contract year" feeling to it. Plus there were still some real head scratchers during the playoffs (Game 1 vs Cavs, deciding to completely concede the rim to force them off the line and to play LeBron so tight like he's Curry for example) that cost us games.

If he coached all season long like he had in the majority of playoffs, then you'd feel more confident that he'd actually made the improvements. Masai needs to be comfortable that the playoff adjustments are reflective of what we will be seeing moving forward, because if not, we are definitely at our ceiling as a group with our best player entering his final contract year.
                              Yeah, but I come back to this. If Casey regresses, you can him. It's just money and MLSE makes money hand over fist on the Raps. If he doesn't regress, great. I think for the sake of continuity in the program and the team success the past few years, it's a risk worth taking that he keeps heading in the right direction.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah, but I come back to this. If Casey regresses, you can him. It's just money and MLSE makes money hand over fist on the Raps. If he doesn't regress, great. I think for the sake of continuity in the program and the team success the past few years, it's a risk worth taking that he keeps heading in the right direction.
                                That is the hope but the concern creeps in that Masai kept him after the Wiz debacle despite every reason in the book to fire him, so is Masai too loyal to fire a coach?

Casey has improved (at least in spurts) but still doesn't seem like a very good coach overall.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X