Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Until the end of the regular season, yes. In the playoffs the offensive doom that was predicted came to pass.
    Which is why I think the offense should be more diversified. I do think that the offense looked worse than it should have due to lowrys slump and Derozan's decision making. But that's the problem when you lean so heavily on 1/2 guys.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Is that what DRTG tells us? That defensive schemes are effective or ineffective? I don't really think that's what it tells us.... I mean, that's part of what it might tell us but there's big leaps being made all over this conversation.
      Not really, but that's what those who defended the defence argued.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
        Which is why I think the offense should be more diversified. I do think that the offense looked worse than it should have due to lowrys slump and Derozan's decision making. But that's the problem when you lean so heavily on 1/2 guys.
        Bingo. You want things spread out and more equitable opportunities in the offence for everybody so that when your main guys struggle, other guys are already more involved and there are obvious ways to shift our offence to what's working instead of trying to force something that's not because there's no secondary plan.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Great idea, but how in the world do you change a players game at this level and point in their careers. You're asking guys who excel at one thing to go away from what they are best at. Going to be interesting to see what they do with DeMar over the summer. Should basically confirm what direction they are taking for the short to mid term future.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Not really, but that's what those who defended the defence argued.
            Okay, so people don't understand how to apply or interpret metrics. I agree.

I just choke a little bit on the conclusions that certain people are drawing about their own skill as prognosticators and basketball acumen based on some really illogical reasoning. But I'm not going to bother arguing about it anymore.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              Great idea, but how in the world do you change a players game at this level and point in their careers. You're asking guys who excel at one thing to go away from what they are best at. Going to be interesting to see what they do with DeMar over the summer. Should basically confirm what direction they are taking for the short to mid term future.
              Demar has excelled in a play maker role, especially in the PnR, so it shouldn't be very hard to feature that component of his game more and his dribble dribble game less so. Mostly comes down to the decision making and points of emphasis by the staff.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• We know last year they spent the whole pre-season installing a new defence and spent little time on the offensive end. Anyone remember how ugly the offence was the first month?

I'm hoping with continuity of core players and the defensive system carrying over into next season, they'll be able to put more time + focus into a more nuanced offensive playbook.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  I'm hoping with continuity of core players and the defensive system carrying over into next season, they'll be able to put more time + focus into a more nuanced offensive playbook.
                  Proof of the progression under Casey, we went from asking for a playbook 2 years ago, to a nuanced one this summer.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    We know last year they spent the whole pre-season installing a new defence and spent little time on the offensive end. Anyone remember how ugly the offence was the first month?

Axel wrote: View Post
                    Proof of the progression under Casey, we went from asking for a playbook 2 years ago, to a nuanced one this summer.
                    Having the same group of talented assistants back for a second year will be huge as well. With one year under their belts and this time, a full summer to work on stuff together there should be even more progress.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• http://www.todaysfastbreak.com/nba-e...ptors-ceiling/

Obviously it’s a good offense by the numbers, but it can be a little too predictable, which explains why it has traditionally struggled in the postseason. Late in games, it devolves into Lowry and DeRozan going one-on-five more often than it should. Those two are good at making tough shots, so it’s not wrong to empower them, but there should be more wrinkles to it after years working together. The entire attack feels a little bland.
                      Hmm not just RR saying this huh...

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                        What the hell do we know. It's all subjective and we shouldn't have a say on how our offense works cuz we are not paid professionals and the team went to ECF.

#SorryCases

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Demar has excelled in a play maker role, especially in the PnR, so it shouldn't be very hard to feature that component of his game more and his dribble dribble game less so. Mostly comes down to the decision making and points of emphasis by the staff.
                          What sort of sample size are you referring to. I don't think anyone inside the Toronto bubble or outside would ever associate DeMar as a strong play maker. Certainly not enough to do what some here are saying.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            What sort of sample size are you referring to. I don't think anyone inside the Toronto bubble or outside would ever associate DeMar as a strong play maker. Certainly not enough to do what some here are saying.
                            This entire regular season demonstrated that Demar is at his best when he isn't just looking for his own shot (and the playoffs supported that with his poor play when he looked for his own shot too much). The simple fact is that if Demar is so set in his ways that he can't pass the ball more then he isn't a very good player.

Comment

• Decent read if you haven't seen it. Fairly summarized.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/articl...ne-casey-coach

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                This entire regular season demonstrated that Demar is at his best when he isn't just looking for his own shot (and the playoffs supported that with his poor play when he looked for his own shot too much). The simple fact is that if Demar is so set in his ways that he can't pass the ball more then he isn't a very good player.
                                I'm not arguing at all that he...along with just about every other player...is better when he's looking to move the ball. I'm saying that it isn't what he's best at doing. It's like asking Biyombo to focus less on rebounding and blocking shots and more on post moves (extreme example I know). Really difficult for a player to make that switch when it's not their bread and butter. We saw the effort to move the ball more this season so I'm hoping they continue in that direction, but sometimes the dramatic over night changes the forum expects are a bit out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X