Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack North wrote: View Post
    No Big Ups for the Eastern Conference Coach of the Month - Dwane Casey?!?!?!?!?
    The #firecasey thread is somewhere in the depths amongst old mchappy posts. That's as close as we'll get
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Casey should bring his coach of the month awards to exit interviews, haha.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
        No Big Ups for the Eastern Conference Coach of the Month - Dwane Casey?!?!?!?!?
        Atta boy!

http://www.nba.com/raptors/press-rel...e-month-010317

By the way the Raptors had the #1 DRTG for the month per NBA.com and the #2 NETRTG - https://stats.nba.com/teams/advanced...12%2F31%2F2017
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          By the way the Raptors had the #1 DRTG for the month per NBA.com and the #2 NETRTG - https://stats.nba.com/teams/advanced...12%2F31%2F2017
          That's impressive.

Comment

Atta boy!

http://www.nba.com/raptors/press-rel...e-month-010317

Sweet, but only 2 of the 14 teams we played have a winning record. This month will be a better gauge of where we stand as 9 of 15 games are against teams with winning records.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Sweet, but only 2 of the 14 teams we played have a winning record. This month will be a better gauge of where we stand as 9 of 15 games are against teams with winning records.
              Technically this month will also be a poor gauge of where we stand, just on the other side of the spectrum. But yes, I’m very interested to see how the team upholds their recent success against a much tougher schedule through January (which eases up again thereafter).
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• VegasInsiders has us as 20-15 vs the Vegas spreads thus far.

Cleveland has been the worst NBA bet, 12-24-1, so a bit of schadenfreude for all the suckers betting the Cavs this year.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  VegasInsiders has us as 20-15 vs the Vegas spreads thus far.

Cleveland has been the worst NBA bet, 12-24-1, so a bit of schadenfreude for all the suckers betting the Cavs this year.
                  We've been one of the best against the spread teams for the last 5 years, so no surprises here... Bookies and their sophisticated software just can't figure us out.
                  Last edited by rocwell; Wed Jan 3, 2018, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Technically this month will also be a poor gauge of where we stand, just on the other side of the spectrum. But yes, I’m very interested to see how the team upholds their recent success against a much tougher schedule through January (which eases up again thereafter).
                    16 of 30 teams make the playoffs... 9 of 15 is just one more than a good representation of the league, and is balanced out by 9 of 15 being at home.

This month will tell us whether we are truly a top-5-type team or in the 6-10 range where we've floated around the last few seasons.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      16 of 30 teams make the playoffs... 9 of 15 is just one more than a good representation of the league, and is balanced out by 9 of 15 being at home.

This month will tell us whether we are truly a top-5-type team or in the 6-10 range where we've floated around the last few seasons.
                      No month tells you anything definitive about any team. Except maybe April or May.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        The #firecasey thread is somewhere in the depths amongst old mchappy posts. That's as close as we'll get
                        Just wait til we lose Game 1 in April because we closed with a 3 PG lineup

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Just wait til we lose Game 1 in April because we closed with a 3 PG lineup
                          Just wait til we win Game 1 in April because we closed with a 3 PG lineup. #skillball
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            Just wait til we win Game 1 in April because we closed with a 3 PG lineup. #skillball
                            Haha we hated Casey for this and he turned out to be ahead of the curve. 2-3 PG's is not at all unusual anymore.

If Casey wins CoY I will buy a Dwane Casey poster and put it up in my basement and I ain't joking. I need to find one of him flashing that ring.

Comment

Haha we hated Casey for this and he turned out to be ahead of the curve. 2-3 PG's is not at all unusual anymore.

If Casey wins CoY I will buy a Dwane Casey poster and put it up in my basement and I ain't joking. I need to find one of him flashing that ring.
                              I definitely don't like the 3 PG look at all. 2 is perfectly reasonable, if it's the right 2 (that is, one can defend SG's, like CoJo or Wright), or if you are matching up to the opposition rolling out two PGs.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                I definitely don't like the 3 PG look at all. 2 is perfectly reasonable, if it's the right 2 (that is, one can defend SG's, like CoJo or Wright), or if you are matching up to the opposition rolling out two PGs.
                                Why not? Delon can definitely play against smaller SF's (especially if the other guy playing the 3 is actually a 1 or a 2), we've seen recently Delon and FVV are both 2 of the Raptors top 3 pt shooters and 2 of the Raptors top ranked defenders (the timing was good for giving this lineup a run). They're also steady, solid decision makers who don't get rattled. Makes sense to have them out there with Lowry and DD imho. Mind you so do several other combinations, my most preferred would likely be the 5 starters or the starters but with JV subbed out for a shooter or a second PG, depending on match-ups. Last night the starters played pretty uninspired ball overall and Delon/FVV were very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X