Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Raptors gave up 99 to the Pacers when PG and Ellis weren't good. They also gave up a few corner threes without contesting. This isn't an elite defense just not the garbage from last year and late the year before
    I think we'll be knocking on the top 10 defensively. That'd be quite the turnaround.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      I wonder what coach has managed the biggest turnaround on defense for the same team. Usually it's a new coach like Skiles or Thibs coming in and turning a poor defense around in year 1. I think Casey is going to be up there, even if because he "let" things get so out of hand last season.
      It's not a big deal, actually. Turning around a piss-poor defense, while sacrificing offense is a time-tested coaching parlor trick. Coaches like Mike Fratello, JVG, Larry Brown, Mike Brown and our beloved Kevin O'Neill have made careers of doing that.

It's like any semi-intelligent person can look at a random pile of rocks, and put them all on one side of a teeter-totter to lift the other side off the ground, but it takes skill to put the right combination of rocks on each seat to balance it properly.

If Casey can maintain a top 8 offense & top 8 defense in the regular season, in combination with winning a round, plus a strong showing in the second round, then we can look back and say he's done a decent job. I hope against hope for this.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        I think we'll be knocking on the top 10 defensively. That'd be quite the turnaround.
        NBA or just East because there are at least 10 NBA teams that play the same defense with better defenders.

Comment

NBA or just East because there are at least 10 NBA teams that play the same defense with better defenders.
          We're going to have to wait on that one. Our perimeter looked darn quick out there - pretty sharp downng pick and rolls considering that it's game 1. Don't forget how recently we were in that 10th spot.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            It's not a big deal, actually. Turning around a piss-poor defense, while sacrificing offense is a time-tested coaching parlor trick. Coaches like Mike Fratello, JVG, Larry Brown, Mike Brown and our beloved Kevin O'Neill have made careers of doing that.

It's like any semi-intelligent person can look at a random pile of rocks, and put them all on one side of a teeter-totter to lift the other side off the ground, but it takes skill to put the right combination of rocks on each seat to balance it properly.

If Casey can maintain a top 8 offense & top 8 defense in the regular season, in combination with winning a round, plus a strong showing in the second round, then we can look back and say he's done a decent job. I hope against hope for this.
            It was really just a remark about Casey's strange tenure. Not many get the chance swing so far down in terms of defense and get the time/resources to turn it back around. We'll see if he can.

The thing to watch for is whether we go as small as we did last night on a regular basis, or if that was a Pacers-matchup call.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

It isn't a poor offense which is just guys missing or time being off. It's no offensive plan at all and guys taking seconds and dribbling trying to figure things out. Coaches prepare guys so they don't give up entire halves.

Casey is really bad. Expecting Top 8 and a deep playoff run is not realistic. They just beat a really bad Pacers team and struggled to do so.

Comment

Raptors gave up 99 to the Pacers when PG and Ellis weren't good. They also gave up a few corner threes without contesting. This isn't an elite defense just not the garbage from last year and late the year before
                Actually, this is the exact same garbage as last year. George Hill was repeatedly left wide open in the corner for pretty much all of his 3pt shots. All that changed is that we got better 1 on 1 defenders.

Comment

• Win tomorrow this terrible coach ties for most wins by a coach in Raptor history. This guy keeps breaking franchise records. I don't know how the worse coach in the league keeps doing this. Must be the average talent level on the team making him look good.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Win tomorrow this terrible coach ties for most wins by a coach in Raptor history. This guy keeps breaking franchise records. I don't know how the worse coach in the league keeps doing this. Must be the average talent level on the team making him look good.
                    Raptors have been the worst run NBA franchise and Casey is part of that legacy.

Comment

Win tomorrow this terrible coach ties for most wins by a coach in Raptor history. This guy keeps breaking franchise records. I don't know how the worse coach in the league keeps doing this. Must be the average talent level on the team making him look good.
                      Lol

You realize the history of Toronto is absolutely atrocious, right?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        Lol

You realize the history of Toronto is absolutely atrocious, right?
                        Yeah, it was until Coach Casey got here.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Yeah, it was until Coach Casey got here.

How many playoffs series has he won?

Get a life man.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            How many playoffs series has he won?

Get a life man.
                            Evolution of a raptor fan. Before Casey we were just hoping to get in the playoffs. Now making the playoffs is excepted.

And no, thanks I already enjoy mine current life.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Evolution of a raptor fan. Before Casey we were just hoping to get in the playoffs. Now making the playoffs is excepted.

and now we've more than enough evidence to suggest that Casey can't take us any further. normally when you've taken something as far as it will go, you make a change. Casey is not good enough for what we want the raptors to become.

Comment

It's basketball. Most teams make the playoffs

Comment

Working...
                                X