No announcement yet.

Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casey is a good guy. Kind of disappointed in the way he is treating this situation after he was given every chance and treated with respect the whole way through. Every coach is criticized by fans, we aren’t the reason he was fired. Got to take some of the blame when something like this happens to you, you can’t just deflect and pretend like you were perfect. Own up to your mistakes.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Casey throwing whole team under the bus.
      And that is why he was fired. Good riddance.

Comment

About Nurse

basically throws Nurse under the bus too. "If he had new ideas he should've told me I was open to them. Shame on him if he didn't" So if Nurse comes out with something new next season he'll get to say "He didn't share these ideas with the staff"
        Not to mention I had an epiphany about his recently posted bargnani post game comments being in direct contradiction with his valanciunas reasonings. It proved right there he not only talks out of 2 sides of his mouth, but he does in fact play politics and not base his playing time 100% on merit.

Makes me wonder if his ncaa scandal was legit. Where there's smoke there's usually fire.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• And just the other day, everyone was praising him and his speech for being very classy, but all true Raptor fans here know there was some subtle shade in those words. Maybe it was the questions that were asked to him. But yeah he still sounds very very salty.

BTW did anyone ever ask him about those defensive miscues, questionable lineups, mental mistakes in the Cleveland series (ie. CJ Miles at centre vs Kevin Love, CJ again switching with OG vs Lebron, JV benching, etc.)?

And now everyone is back to ridiculing the Raptors and you have bandwagon Raptors fans on facebook calling for Masai to get fired lol.

Comment

Honestly, if you listen to the whole interview, and hear that quote in context, it's not that big of a deal.

He also made a point of name-dropping all the 'great' former Pistons coaches...Chuck Daly, Larry Brown, Flip Saunders...BUT NOT RICK CARLISLE OMGGGGGGGG HE HATES HIM. He's just not a super sharp public speaker. Never has been. For the most part, he praised the Raptors players and organization.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Ya I agree the quotes sound much worse than the interview.

I think he probably is just responding to the comments that Nurse is going to put in what he wants now, and not have his ideas refuted. Some of the media did paint Dwane as a old school coach and closed minded, he was just responding to those comments.

It hurts to be let go from something you were passionate about. I’m not hearing any ill will. Time will heal all wounds. He’s still a class act.

It was time to give someone else the reigns to see if they could get more out of these guys. Just like alert over Mark Jackson, not that you can say the raptors roster is close to as good.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                Ya I agree the quotes sound much worse than the interview.

I think he probably is just responding to the comments that Nurse is going to put in what he wants now, and not have his ideas refuted. Some of the media did paint Dwane as a old school coach and closed minded, he was just responding to those comments.

It hurts to be let go from something you were passionate about. I’m not hearing any ill will. Time will heal all wounds. He’s still a class act.

It was time to give someone else the reigns to see if they could get more out of these guys. Just like alert over Mark Jackson, not that you can say the raptors roster is close to as good.
                Sssshhhh, there are people here who don't like Casey for a plethora of reasons and others who just need to grasp onto something so they can believe he's a bad guy. All you need to do is remember he's with the other team now and nod your head when someone rightfully or wrongly want to accuse him of something.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Of course. Nothing is ever his fault.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                  KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Jesus his lack of humility is getting annoying. Not the guy I thought he was.
                  A.I wrote: View Post
                  And that is why he was fired. Good riddance.
                  Jesus Christ. I know y'all hate Casey(for whatever reason). Probably still blaming him for why they lost to the Cavs even though he's not the one who missed all those bunnies and open shots. But instead of reading the quotes, how about listen to the whole interview?

Good riddance.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    Jesus Christ. I know y'all hate Casey(for whatever reason). Probably still blaming him for why they lost to the Cavs even though he's not the one who missed all those bunnies and open shots.
                    About those bunnies and open shots, Zach Lowe made a great point: win a game by 10, or 15. Don't leave a margin for error. That's what a good team does.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      Honestly, if you listen to the whole interview, and hear that quote in context, it's not that big of a deal.

He also made a point of name-dropping all the 'great' former Pistons coaches...Chuck Daly, Larry Brown, Flip Saunders...BUT NOT RICK CARLISLE OMGGGGGGGG HE HATES HIM. He's just not a super sharp public speaker. Never has been. For the most part, he praised the Raptors players and organization.
                      +1
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I listened to both interviews. He was sending subliminal shots at Masai and at Nurse. "I'm just happy to start something new at Detroit". Like we haven't heard Casey's interviews before. It's a same thing when he was flashing his ring after Wizards sweep. Fuck outta here. "We just ran into Number 23" that's his excuse? Good riddance
                        Last edited by MixxAOR; Thu Jun 28, 2018, 11:43 AM.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• He's talking about Derozan and says that and I'm paraphrasing "He's still working on his defense, people say I didn't held him accountable but days of whip is over".

Like it proves what people been saying that he doesn't hold Derozan and Lowry as accountable as JV or others.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Days of the whip are over??? Minutes are the new incentive. You want that big contract? You gotta play big minutes to get the numbers to get it. He had no problem glueing JJ to the bench. The Raptors let DeMar get away with not focusing on that end, going back to Triano. Dwane should’ve come in and set that tone. I’m hoping Nurse has the balls and support from upper management to hold guys accountable.

It’s embarrassing that he’s such a good athlete and can’t play defence. It’s all effort and passion for playing at that end... if you have the physical tools. It’s must be frustrating for the big men to cover his ass on the blow bys

Comment

He's talking about Derozan and says that and I'm paraphrasing "He's still working on his defense, people say I didn't held him accountable but days of whip is over".

Like it proves what people been saying that he doesn't hold Derozan and Lowry as accountable as JV or others.
                              lol. Can you imagine the firestorm if a white coach said that? Man, Casey really is a thin-skinned "defensive" coach. He needs a few burner accounts.

But nothing Casey is saying or doing now should be surprising. He's a classic pandering company man. Sure, it ended badly, because nothing ends until it ends badly - but overall when Casey reflects on the entire 7 year tenure, he should grateful to Masai and MLSE for the rest of the 6.99 years he spent here. They had his back, and then some, when everybody knew he wasn't giving us any coaching advantage in the playoffs. But hey, Tannenbaum ain't writing no checks no more and Casey has a new sugar daddy.

Comment

• Congrats to Casey, well deserved. It's obvious Masai never wanted to fire him. You can tell by the press conference after the firing. It all came down to money. They picked the cheapest option(Nurse). Just look at who they were interviewing. All coaches with no experience. Who would not have the cache to demand a large salary.

If you guys honestly think Nick Nurse is going to make up the difference with LBJ you guys have not been watching carefully. Like I've always said talent is the issue for this team. Not coach or system.

Masai has now put all the pressure on himself. Masai will salary dump Norm and bring everybody else back. Lucky for him it seems like LBJ is going to the Lakers. This current roster can compete with any team in East that doesn't have LBJ.

Casey winning coach of the year after being fired is such a bad look on Masai. Only way it could get worse is if Detroit elimanates the raps from the playoffs. Which is possible now that they have a good coach.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X