No announcement yet.

Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the fire Casey thread?

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      I don't see it like that at all.

The strategy is to build a franchise, team and culture that embodies passion for the game and sustainable winning, for the long-term.

MU publically stated the operational goals (each season), yet it seems as though he's not holding the operation (the team) accountable, even when they fail to achieve the stated operational goals (more playoff success than a game-7 1st round knockout). Doing so after a 1st round exit this playoff, would be the second straight season of failing to hold the head of the operation accountable for the failure.

I understand that the operation (team) has many components, but MU himself addressed 2 of them this past offseason - key assistant coaches & key rotation players were upgraded. The only components that remain intact are the core players (DeRozan & Lowry) and the head coach (Casey). If the team fails again, something's got to give, and I can't see how the accountability wouldn't fall on Casey.
      It should but it won't. Even if they lose current series MU will extend DC because I believe MU believes he needs DC to resign DD. Whether or not that is the right approach is certainly open to discussion.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
        It should but it won't. Even if they lose current series MU will extend DC because I believe MU believes he needs DC to resign DD. Whether or not that is the right approach is certainly open to discussion.
        I believe that DC has an option for next year, so it wouldnt really be a resign. He currently is under contract for next season.

Comment

• "We'll find out who the true fans are" -Dwane Casey

Give me a fucking break. I haven't spent the last 20+ years of my life living and breathing Raptors basketball because I'm not a true fan.

If anything we'll find out if he's a true coach or simply an assistant who's way over his head.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            "We'll find out who the true fans are" -Dwane Casey

Give me a fucking break. I haven't spent the last 20+ years of my life living and breathing Raptors basketball because I'm not a true fan.

If anything we'll find out if he's a true coach or simply an assistant who's way over his head.
            Yeah, my main issues with Casey are rotation based, but that's a garbage comment. When has this fan base been anything short of excellent and passionate? If you lose the crowd, it's entrirely on you for playing like absolute garbage.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

"We'll find out who the true fans are" -Dwane Casey

taking that pretty personal eh. he was asked a direct question about the fans and proceeded to praise them while saying the players got caught up in their energy. the "fans" he is talking about are the people who right now are saying shit like "demar is horrible" "this is the worst thing ever" "the team is done" "trade demar, lowry" "fire casey"

i feel bad for lowry and demar. they want to win for the "fans" so bad. they fucked this up last night. i feel bad for jv because he was having one of the best games of his life and was our only offense early and then the refs took him out. after he rag dolled turner the refs just killed his flow. that hurt the team after because every time he touched the floor again he got a shitty foul.

paul george had to go beast to beat us when our three best players either played like garbage or were forced to sit. if this series was going to be a series the pacers had to take game one. if we want to advance we have to want to advance, nothing is going to be handed to us. i felt that the team quit when george got the steal off that lazy joseph pass. that was when shit really went off.

despite demars shitty game he didn't settle for long 2s and kept attacking and attacking. the same that those "fans" have praised him doing all year. i felt that after he got that reverse dunk, by attacking and attacking maybe the refs would give him some calls but then the george steal happened and bam, momentum gone and team quit. the energy was there in the first half and they didn't bring it in the second.

scola was our second best starter last night. let that sink in. lowry couldn't hit a shot 1-7 from 3 and 4-9 from the stripe. that's game. when our best player, arguably best on both sides, has such a shitty non impactful game and their best player goes off it is done. that isn't on casey. he didn't make those butter fingers ball drops that demar and lowry made.

lowry and demar want this bad. but they need to let it come naturally because forcing shit gets a player out of rhythm.

if we lose the next one it will be horrible for the mental makeup of this team.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                taking that pretty personal eh. he was asked a direct question about the fans and proceeded to praise them while saying the players got caught up in their energy. the "fans" he is talking about are the people who right now are saying shit like "demar is horrible" "this is the worst thing ever" "the team is done" "trade demar, lowry" "fire casey"

i feel bad for lowry and demar. they want to win for the "fans" so bad. they fucked this up last night. i feel bad for jv because he was having one of the best games of his life and was our only offense early and then the refs took him out. after he rag dolled turner the refs just killed his flow. that hurt the team after because every time he touched the floor again he got a shitty foul.

paul george had to go beast to beat us when our three best players either played like garbage or were forced to sit. if this series was going to be a series the pacers had to take game one. if we want to advance we have to want to advance, nothing is going to be handed to us. i felt that the team quit when george got the steal off that lazy joseph pass. that was when shit really went off.

despite demars shitty game he didn't settle for long 2s and kept attacking and attacking. the same that those "fans" have praised him doing all year. i felt that after he got that reverse dunk, by attacking and attacking maybe the refs would give him some calls but then the george steal happened and bam, momentum gone and team quit. the energy was there in the first half and they didn't bring it in the second.

scola was our second best starter last night. let that sink in. lowry couldn't hit a shot 1-7 from 3 and 4-9 from the stripe. that's game. when our best player, arguably best on both sides, has such a shitty non impactful game and their best player goes off it is done. that isn't on casey. he didn't make those butter fingers ball drops that demar and lowry made.

lowry and demar want this bad. but they need to let it come naturally because forcing shit gets a player out of rhythm.

If we lose next game it will be more than horrible for the mental makeup of this team. It will be disasterous for the franchise as a whole.

Comment

• Miek, the question I have is why even light that fuse? He was asked about the fans inside and out the building, and he could've just stopped after praising them.

He's pre-emptively deflecting criticism if we struggle further. If you criticize the team then you're not a true fan. Which is total BS.

You can be a true fan while still criticizing the team, just like you can be a patriot while criticizing the government.

I will always support the team and root for us to win, but that doesn't mean I can't question some of the decisions we make or our how we play.

Comment

Honestly since you're speaking to a prime candidate of on of those fans because I am one of "the "fans" he is talking about are the people who right now are saying shit like "demar is horrible" "this is the worst thing ever" "the team is done" "trade demar, lowry" "fire casey""

Lemme ask you this, I hate Casey and DD that much, yet I am still here, lasted through the Colangelo time. I watched Bargnani. Still here.

Casey says shit like this and I say, "maybe you should be fired because you are that stupid that you got your ass handed to you and we let you know about it."

If Casey doesn't like it, he can go back to his politically correct cartoon while I take over his pay check.

Put up or shut up

Comment

Miek, the question I have is why even light that fuse? He was asked about the fans inside and out the building, and he could've just stopped after praising them.

He's pre-emptively deflecting criticism if we struggle further. If you criticize the team then you're not a true fan. Which is total BS.

You can be a true fan while still criticizing the team, just like you can be a patriot while criticizing the government.

I will always support the team and root for us to win, but that doesn't mean I can't question some of the decisions we make or our how we play.
                      Yeah you're wright,nobody can expect the fans not to question game decisions especially when the Raptors lose such a critical game.
                      Last edited by Deino; Sun Apr 17, 2016, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Miek, the question I have is why even light that fuse? He was asked about the fans inside and out the building, and he could've just stopped after praising them.

yes you can. what part of "it's over" "blow up the team" etc is criticism and not overblown hyperbole? one game and "let demar walk" another missed shot and we would be wishing that lowry was traded for that first rounder.

he isn't saying "we are above reproach or criticism".

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                          Honestly since you're speaking to a prime candidate of on of those fans because I am one of "the "fans" he is talking about are the people who right now are saying shit like "demar is horrible" "this is the worst thing ever" "the team is done" "trade demar, lowry" "fire casey""

Lemme ask you this, I hate Casey and DD that much, yet I am still here, lasted through the Colangelo time. I watched Bargnani. Still here.

Casey says shit like this and I say, "maybe you should be fired because you are that stupid that you got your ass handed to you and we let you know about it."

If Casey doesn't like it, he can go back to his politically correct cartoon while I take over his pay check.

Put up or shut up
                          so if and when they win you will gladly give the team props or will the bar move about how it isn't enough for the second round?

it is put up or shut up right?

so if we win round one you will change your sig to "i doubted casey and dd and they made me eat it"

and if and when we lose i will make my sig "i doubted oldskoolcool and was made to look like an idiot"

until the playoffs are over? because it is put up or shut up right

Comment

yes you can. what part of "it's over" "blow up the team" etc is criticism and not overblown hyperbole? one game and "let demar walk" another missed shot and we would be wishing that lowry was traded for that first rounder.

he isn't saying "we are above reproach or criticism".
                            Still doesn't make the comment make sense.

The question was a standard lob ball question for a coach to talk about the energy in the building. Praise the fans, talk about how your team will feed off the energy in game 2 and move on to the next question.

To take that opportunity to take a swipe at detractors as non-fans, regardless how you feel about the validity of his statement, was completely unnecessary.

But for the record, the validity was bullshit too, but at least that is debatable. The fans in the stadium weren't chanting "trade Demar" or "firecasey" - so he wasn't really addressing the fans he was questioned about.

This is also part of the Casey pattern. When something goes wrong, he either ignores it (Scola struggling) or tries to discredit the sources of the criticism (basement dwelling Internet fans).

56 wins is great, still doesn't make him a good coach. The guy failed to make a single adjustment on the #1 threat to us (Paul George) despite running out our, debatably, 3rd best option to stop that threat. Then comes to the podium and talks about "searching for answers" - why don't you search on your roster for your best defenders and find them. It's not like no one knows who they are. Even the basement dwellers can find them.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              Still doesn't make the comment make sense.

The question was a standard lob ball question for a coach to talk about the energy in the building. Praise the fans, talk about how your team will feed off the energy in game 2 and move on to the next question.

To take that opportunity to take a swipe at detractors as non-fans, regardless how you feel about the validity of his statement, was completely unnecessary.

But for the record, the validity was bullshit too, but at least that is debatable. The fans in the stadium weren't chanting "trade Demar" or "firecasey" - so he wasn't really addressing the fans he was questioned about.

This is also part of the Casey pattern. When something goes wrong, he either ignores it (Scola struggling) or tries to discredit the sources of the criticism (basement dwelling Internet fans).

56 wins is great, still doesn't make him a good coach. The guy failed to make a single adjustment on the #1 threat to us (Paul George) despite running out our, debatably, 3rd best option to stop that threat. Then comes to the podium and talks about "searching for answers" - why don't you search on your roster for your best defenders and find them. It's not like no one knows who they are. Even the basement dwellers can find them.
                              he was most definitely discussing the fans in general. he has been here 5 years. he knows how raptors fans are. this teams fan base builds themselves a roller coaster to ride game by game.

i don't see him insulting people. people taking offense at something that is truthful is crazy. look through the game thread. there is some crazy shit in there.

say hypothetically he changes nothing because he has faith in his players and we win. does he become right? no "the fans" have self validation because eventually they will lose again and "the fans" knew it all along. all he had to do was listen to them.

if he changes the approach and wins then his way was wrong because unless "the fans" demanded it he wouldn't have done it. doesn't matter here sometimes.

not one of the detractors here if we had of won would have said "you see, casey can coach". he would have had a better team that should have won. with of course a whole bunch of pointers on how we could have won better.

i just don't see the fuss. speaks more to the insecurity of the fan base to take that as a personal insult

Comment

• Everything Dwane Casey

I really have no idea how you see those same comments and come to those conclusions.

Casey was asked about the fans in the stands, very much doubt he was reading game thread comments. Comments were completely off base from what the question was referring to.

If Casey had made an adjustment to stop Paul George and it worked and led to victory, I think you would have seen a lot of positive comments about his progress from last year. But that didn't happen and it cost us a game. Maybe he adjusts for game 2, but game 1 was a winnable game that we let slip away.

Really don't get the insecurity of the fan base either. Sure, there are some extremists, but generally the fans (here at RR) are intelligent basketball fans. Don't see any insecurities there.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X