No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First round exit from play offs and Casey will be gone.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
      First round exit from play offs and Casey will be gone.
      Don't know why it's conditional. Doesn't matter because Casey can not win a seven game series with any roster

Comment

• GTFO Casey, and don't come back.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Get rid of this incompetent fuck! What positive things does he bring to the table?

Good rotations? No
          Defense? No
          Offense? No
          Accountability? No

What exactly is he doing?????????????

If MU doesn't fire him, it's time to start questioning Masai
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            Get rid of this incompetent fuck! What positive things does he bring to the table?

Good rotations? No
            Defense? No
            Offense? No
            Accountability? No

Well it's not looking good for Casey,right now feels like few players are running the Asylum and not the coach. We all know that one day Coach Casey will b gone,but didn't think it was gonna b this soon or this year. I predict raptors get blown out first rd and Coach Casey is let go,which is sad. All year we waited for one Toronto team 2 get 2 the playoff's,unfortunately it will a short post season
            Yes, I understand there is chance for this team 2 start playing better and get rolling,but it's 2 late,they've lost IT,IT meaning when good teams can pull out of bad habits,bad play,bad everything. They've Lost It. Sucks. I'm very disappointed.
            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
              Get rid of this incompetent fuck! What positive things does he bring to the table?

Good rotations? No
              Defense? No
              Offense? No
              Accountability? No

Love the new avatar. Very appropriate.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Voice Of Reason

If I had a nickle for every time a #Firethatasshole type thread popped up I'd have enough for a damn fine espresso in my hand right now.

Answer these five questions:

1. Are the Raptors still in rebuild mode?
                2. Were the Raptors expected to have the successes they had this year and the last?
                3. Are the Raptors ready to contend for a Title today?
                4. If Casey were fired who would you replace him with?
                5. Is that new coach the guy who can lead them to a Title?

If you answered no, yes, yes, some schmuck who's never done anything and yes then I'm done here because this discussion is going no where and you're going to live a pretty miserable existence while watching Raptors ball...

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  If I had a nickle for every time a #Firethatasshole type thread popped up I'd have enough for a damn fine espresso in my hand right now.

2. Were the Raptors expected to have the successes they had this year and the last?

If you answered no, yes, yes, some schmuck who's never done anything and yes then I'm done here because this discussion is going no where and you're going to live a pretty miserable existence while watching Raptors ball...
                  4. Anybody Casey is terrible
                  5. Doesn't matter, because Casey is good awful. It isn't Wins or Titles it's getting rid of stupidity

Comment

We dont need championship here, we JUST want to watch basketball again.
                    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      4. Anybody Casey is terrible
                      5. Doesn't matter, because Casey is good awful. It isn't Wins or Titles it's getting rid of stupidity
                      The Raptors are known as a team that can't win and has no consistency in leadership. Extremely erratic and have a collective poor sense of judgement. Free agents don't want to come here and for good reason.

In a short time Casey has gone from:
                      1. Dead Meat, the last guy's coach
                      2. Alive for now
                      3. Genius, maximizing the limited talent at his disposal
                      4. Idiot failure

I don't think the problem right now is Casey alone and for sure the problem in here isn't Casey. The problem in here is us. Tell me who they hire if you think you got it all figured out about Casey. "Anybody because Casey sucks" is not a valid argument. It actually makes you look weak in your stance. That's an emotional argument, not a logical one.

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                      We dont need championship here, we JUST want to watch basketball again.
                      Ok, so do they go interim or do they give somebody a legit contract? Why?

Comment

I'll play.

1. Are the Raptors still in rebuild mode? - "Don't call it a rebuild, we've been building for years"
                        2. Were the Raptors expected to have the successes they had this year and the last? - Expected to see improvements with offence/defence rather than wins
                        3. Are the Raptors ready to contend for a Title today? - hahahahaha, of course not
                        4. If Casey were fired who would you replace him with? - Top choice would probably be Fred Hoiberg to be honest (guy is gonna be a great NBA coach); this is assuming no moves are made until off-season
                        5. Is that new coach the guy who can lead them to a Title? - that would be the plan
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

1. Yes.
                          2. Last year? No. This year? Yes - when looking at the whole season, not just the start.
                          3. No.
                          4. I don't know but the "we can't do any better" rationale is weak. Hoiberg, Ollie would be college choices. Does Thibs get fired this off season? What top notch assistant coach is out there waiting for his chance?
                          5. This team is not going to win a championship as currently constructed or coached. Change the construction and you still have the same awful coach. Casey needs to go.

It is unrealistic to think every team is going to have a shot at the championship each season. However that is the ultimate goal and you would hope to see progress towards reaching it. This team is in serious regression and yet we don't see any meaningful adaptation or change from Casey.

There is more wrong with the team than Casey but right now he is the glaring and obvious beginning of fixing the what ails.

Comment

The Raptors are known as a team that can't win and has no consistency in leadership. Extremely erratic and have a collective poor sense of judgement. Free agents don't want to come here and for good reason.

In a short time Casey has gone from:
                            1. Dead Meat, the last guy's coach
                            2. Alive for now
                            3. Genius, maximizing the limited talent at his disposal
                            4. Idiot failure

I don't think the problem right now is Casey alone and for sure the problem in here isn't Casey. The problem in here is us. Tell me who they hire if you think you got it all figured out about Casey. "Anybody because Casey sucks" is not a valid argument. It actually makes you look weak in your stance. That's an emotional argument, not a logical one.
                            You are speaking in a vaacum, do you watch Raptors play, notice Caseys decision making and adjustments? If you can explain these things all fans here are frustrated about then you got my attention.
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Hello. I will attempt to answer this question the way my #Firethatasshole mentality projects the situation.

1) the raptors are in rebuild mode but they are not "rebuilding" at the moment. They are regressing and losing their fanbase.
                              The coach they currently have is not teaching basketball nor holding players accountable. Any one on this forum I would trust with rotations and accountability over DC.

2) No they didn't expect to do well after the gay trade but in the game of general managing " luck " plays a big factor. Using this as an excuse and saying "Hey! Be happy with what you got, you could have had nothing!" - is such a defeatist/shitty mentality.
                              The raptors got a GREAT bench for trading away Rudy gay. So even though it wasn't Masai's intention, it made sense that the team got better.
                              Also the raptors were expected to play MUCH better than they are now. Maybe not a rank 1 team, but now they are worse than bottom teams.

3) obviously not , but the eastern conference finals in this weak injury filled conference, yes.

4) CalgaryRapFan or anyone more logical

5) given the way the raptors played early in the season.. With good coach and a weak east, I say yes. We can go to a title.
                              The odds will be against us but the raptors have the personnel to do the damage. Early in the season is proof for that.
                              We need a coach that adjusts.

I personally believe DC should be fired by Masai just to prove to the fanbase that he caress, because as of know it looks like we're planning for Wiggans. That's IF he comes.
                              2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                I'll play.

1. Are the Raptors still in rebuild mode? - "Don't call it a rebuild, we've been building for years"
                                2. Were the Raptors expected to have the successes they had this year and the last? - Expected to see improvements with offence/defence rather than wins
                                3. Are the Raptors ready to contend for a Title today? - hahahahaha, of course not
                                4. If Casey were fired who would you replace him with? - Top choice would probably be Fred Hoiberg to be honest (guy is gonna be a great NBA coach); this is assuming no moves are made until off-season
                                5. Is that new coach the guy who can lead them to a Title? - that would be the plan
                                1. When did Ujiri begin here? Did he promise instant gratification? Rebuilds usually take five or more years unless you're in a place FA's actually want to play in.
                                2. Explain your definition of success and is that a fair expectation considering the Raptors current roster?
                                3. Agreed.
                                4. What kind of deal do you give him? Why would he come here? Why him over others?
                                5. No comment.

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                1. Yes.
                                2. Last year? No. This year? Yes - when looking at the whole season, not just the start.
                                3. No.
                                4. I don't know but the "we can't do any better" rationale is weak. Hoiberg, Ollie would be college choices. Does Thibs get fired this off season? What top notch assistant coach is out there waiting for his chance?
                                5. This team is not going to win a championship as currently constructed or coached. Change the construction and you still have the same awful coach. Casey needs to go.

It is unrealistic to think every team is going to have a shot at the championship each season. However that is the ultimate goal and you would hope to see progress towards reaching it. This team is in serious regression and yet we don't see any meaningful adaptation or change from Casey.

There is more wrong with the team than Casey but right now he is the glaring and obvious beginning of fixing the what ails.
                                Matt, I think the man needs to go when the right guy is available and willing to come here. The next guy needs to be guy they want coaching them in the NBA Finals. This musical chairs bullshit has to end, it makes them look bad around the league. Ujiri didn't hire Casey but he decided to keep Casey and so Casey is on Ujiri. He needs to make damn sure he has The Guy there for the taking before he fires Casey. No more low hanging fruit coaching selections for the Raptors, not if they intend on coming out not looking like total frauds from the very top down.

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                                You are speaking in a vaacum, do you watch Raptors play, notice Caseys decision making and adjustments? If you can explain these things all fans here are frustrated about then you got my attention.
                                I'm trying to come at this from the long term viewpoint. The Raptors aren't a contender and they're not in danger of hurting the reputation that doesn't exist. Ujiri is still early on in the build. I want the next guy to be The Guy. No doubt this sucks right now but you should be used to it, you're a Raptors fan and you're watching during the early stages of a rebuild. You signed up for this by tuning in.

I will go further, I saw this same stuff happen to Sam Mitchell when he was coaching a team that was mediocre, barely good enough to make the playoffs. Smitch hung on for a long time and I think it was because they couldn't find a legit candidate that was much better. Even with Casey, he came from great successes but this was his first real shot at being the Guy in a long time. I'm not entirely sold on the idea that they can get the guy you all expect right now.

Casey is the transition to something better(the next coach, the great system paired with a great team) or that's what I've been expecting. New coaches mean new systems, asking guys to do things differently, and so you want to be sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X