#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
    I agree, killing guys early isn't too smart, but then, you need to win and your bench has been..... well, not great.

so what do you do?

GM needs to have grabbed a few more guys.... but how?
    Coach. Demarre is a pretty good litmus test on whether there is a game plan that allows the team to score without driving guards into multiple defenders. Good ball movement just allows teams to score easily or easier.

Comment

• If the only way to win in the regular season is to run your guys down so much that you can't compete in the playoffs, then your team isn't built for success and you need to reevaluate your roster. I believe this to be the case with our team, and I think the most movable asset we have is probably DeRozan. Move DeRozan for a cheap 3&D guy and a servicable PF. Up Jonas' usage when he comes back to find out if he can become a dominant offensive big, and use cap space this summer to fill holes. Between Bebe and Bismack, decide which one is the best backup for the future of the team, use the other one to fill wing depth.

And for god's sake, if we aren't going to use James Johnson then trade him for an asset we will use.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        If the only way to win in the regular season is to run your guys down so much that you can't compete in the playoffs, then your team isn't built for success and you need to reevaluate your roster. I believe this to be the case with our team, and I think the most movable asset we have is probably DeRozan. Move DeRozan for a cheap 3&D guy and a servicable PF. Up Jonas' usage when he comes back to find out if he can become a dominant offensive big, and use cap space this summer to fill holes. Between Bebe and Bismack, decide which one is the best backup for the future of the team, use the other one to fill wing depth.

And for god's sake, if we aren't going to use James Johnson then trade him for an asset we will use.
        Ok so the solution to guys being worn down is to remove DD and wear down Lowry and Jonas further... makes sense.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          Ok so the solution to guys being worn down is to remove DD and wear down Lowry and Jonas further... makes sense.
          DeRozan without Lowry lineups have terrible Ortg and Drtg, so DeRozan being here doesn't help Lowry get rest.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• There is a possibility that the Raptors get to the second round. Could depend on if Lowry is still playing like a God, or who they match up with. But if it happens, I still think Casey has too many flaws to continue to be the head coach here. He does have a team option, so I wouldn't be completely surprised if he was brought back for one more year.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
              Damn I did not think my comment would derail this thread.

I was replying to the snark comment some poster made defending Casey and saying that our offense was actually good because we beat the Spurs. All I was saying was that you can't judge our offense of one game (one game does not a data set make)

The Spurs played like crap. We played good. We won. Shit happens.

Don't give credit to Casey for his offensive prowess because we barely beat the Spurs when they had an off night, and we had an uncharacteristically good one.
              so what about the dallas. cleveland, okc and atlanta wins? why were they useless and in no way telling about this team?

shouldn't a top 10 offense be treated as one?

how many teams right now have a top 10 offense and defense?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                so what about the dallas. cleveland, okc and atlanta wins? why were they useless and in no way telling about this team?

How many teams have a top 10 offence and defence? Not sure. But the Raptors are 13th in defence, so I'm not sure about how relevant that question is either...
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Oh, and 5 teams are top 10 in both, GSW, SAS, CHA, IND and OKC. ATL is close with 11th best D. DAL is 12th and 12th. And the Raps have the 13th best defence (roughly average).
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

You can win games the way we are playing right now. Didn't say we couldn't

Will say that it won't work in the playoffs though

Comment

• Casey is just...slowly beginning to see why this guy needs to go....

Defended casey from the jump, just though he would learn to adapt and Do what Stan Van gundy did and not force guys to fit into his Idea of what consitutes a Winner....
                      Stan Van gundy is the Potential that casey had....He losing that

CASEY REPPED 8 GUYS AGAINST THE SPURS!!!!...that is disturbing...

Look how Greg Popovich reps everyone on the team even letting some of his vets have days off to conserve There body..

Raptors have 2 guys inside the TOP 12 OF MINUTES FOR THE ENTIRE NBA!!! Demar and Lowry..

http://stats.nba.com/leaders/?ls=ire...atCategory=MIN

casey is running the Biggest Names on The Raptors to the ground, he refuses to even try Bruno or the rookies..

None would of known How good Bebe Nogueira would of been except for an freak injury to Jonas(heal fam),

yet even then for the
                      1St COUPLE GAMES CASEY REFUSED TO REP LUCAS EVEN THOUGH WE HAD ONLY 2 BIG MEN!!!

can't defend casey right now, his coaching potential is dropping with every game,
                      he turning into darrell walker..he hurt Ross(actually crushed his drive), Slowed Jonas, Hurt James,

The guys Keeping the Team Strong even with caseys brain numbing coaching

Kyle "Mista Clutch" Lowry, Demar "Example" DeRozan, Cory "Motion" Joseph those 3 have been Doing It big since the jump...

Motion can handle the minutes cause He has always had Deep Stamina,

Example had a serious Injury last year that kept him out for 18-20 games and He is not the type to get Injured..
                      YOU HAVE TO FORCE a Demar Type to get Injured...casey did that inside season 2014

Mista Clutch Can handle the bruises, Yet Why try and see if he has a freak injury...

Worried for the Raptor brothas yo, injuries anger me...Popovich reps sometimes 11 deep inside games,
                      casey repped 8 guys last game meaning only 3 guys off the bench entered the Game(WOW)

Casey seems bent on destroying all movement, all teamwork, all passing that this team can get Known for..

It's like This Brothas and Sistas, Raptors have The guys on the squad to lead or Top 3 inside the Association for Assists and Hockey Assists.......
                      Last edited by CB4Champ; Thu Dec 10, 2015, 11:49 PM.

Comment

• But here's the thing that also scares me.

Were winning games with Casey's strategies. We're 7-3 against the top 12 in the NBA. We held it close against the best team in the league twice. And we've won games while down 2 starters.

Is it possible to consider this squad a contender after all, even with Casey's shenanigans? I think that it's Greer and Kalamian who are really having a good impact here. Casey made not be a great coach, but we have a good staff around him. Maybe Casey needs to trust in his assistant's more.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          If the only way to win in the regular season is to run your guys down so much that you can't compete in the playoffs, then your team isn't built for success and you need to reevaluate your roster. I believe this to be the case with our team, and I think the most movable asset we have is probably DeRozan. Move DeRozan for a cheap 3&D guy and a servicable PF. Up Jonas' usage when he comes back to find out if he can become a dominant offensive big, and use cap space this summer to fill holes. Between Bebe and Bismack, decide which one is the best backup for the future of the team, use the other one to fill wing depth.

Below are the minutes for the top 10 starting PG's in minutes. Everyone in the top twenty plays at least 31 mins.

It sometimes sounds, here, though, as if Lowry's playing twice as much as other PG'S. Lowry's third, true, but only two minutes (5%-ish) more than the number 10 PG and still fairly similar minutes as everyone from 1-20

1. Damian Lillard, PG- 36.7
                          2. Brandon Knight - 36.2,
                          3. Kyle Lowry - 35.8,
                          4. Rajon Rondo - 35.3
                          5. Eric Bledsoe - 35.3
                          6. George Hill - 35.1
                          7. John Wall - 34.7
                          8. Stephen Curry 34.4
                          9. Russell Westbrook, 34.2
                          10 Kemba Walker 33.8
                          Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Fri Dec 11, 2015, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                            Below are the minutes for the top 10 starting PG's in minutes. Everyone in the top twenty plays at least 31 mins.

It sometimes sounds, here, though, as if Lowry's playing twice as much as other PG'S. Lowry's third, true, but only two minutes (5%-ish) more than the number 10 PG and still fairly similar minutes as everyone from 1-20

1. Damian Lillard, PG- 36.7
                            2. Brandon Knight - 36.2,
                            3. Kyle Lowry - 35.8,
                            4. Rajon Rondo - 35.3
                            5. Eric Bledsoe - 35.3
                            6. George Hill - 35.1
                            7. John Wall - 34.7
                            8. Stephen Curry 34.4
                            9. Russell Westbrook, 34.2
                            10 Kemba Walker 33.8
                            It's minute and usage. Lowry plays alot of hard minutes. Team behind and driving over and over into defenders.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              You can win games the way we are playing right now. Didn't say we couldn't

Will say that it won't work in the playoffs though
                              It's quite obvious we can win the way we're playing right now.

But we've got three-quarters of a season to get guys back healthy, practice, make adjustments ... and maybe even add a "piece" (two?) at the trade deadline. (I think the better we're showing, the more reason Masai has to really try).

So how we're playing "right now" isn't even determinative. So maybe we should let it "breathe", eh Nostradamus?

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                                It's quite obvious we can win the way we're playing right now.

But we've got three-quarters of a season to get guys back healthy, practice, make adjustments ... and maybe even add a "piece" (two?) at the trade deadline. (I think the better we're showing, the more reason Masai has to really try).

So how we're playing "right now" isn't even determinative. So maybe we should let it "breathe", eh Nostradamus?
                                It's the same as jump shooting teams. It works in one game but does it work over a series. Raptors are the opposite with a style that playoff teams need but they have no shooting to offset it. ISO teams with bigs work and small jump shooting works but does small iso work with no Iverson, Jordan or Harden

Comment

Working...
                                X