#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    There you go! People need to stop making stuff up, just because they don't like Casey.

Thanks for the fact check Eliza.

Can't wait to hear the counter argument for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There ya go. The quantifiable data is ignored/dismissed when it doesn't fit the narrative, and the narrative is changed.
    Last edited by Eliza; Sun Jan 3, 2016, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Eliza wrote: View Post
      He's had so few 1st rounders, never mind lottery picks, in recent years, but even current all-star Kawhi played exact same
      MPGs his 1st year as JV got, but word here is that JV was held back.
      Despite that, there has to be more examples than 1 to support a "Pop finds minutes for young guys", right?
      Recent 1st rounders, if we're also talking the likes of Wright, like some are:
      Kyle Anderson 10.8 MPG 1st yr, 12.1 MPG 2nd yr
      They may have got the same amount of minutes in their first year, but they were rookies, 24 mins is fine for rookies. Leonard went on to play 30+ mins his second season and onwards and went on to win Finals MVP and DPOY, meanwhile, JV went on to play 28, 26 and 26 mins, and doesn't get used often. Hell, there were several games where Chuck Hayes played more minutes over JV.

Kyle Anderson is the 30th pick, players picked that late, don't usually get a lot of minutes, and even then he is at least getting playing time, 10 mins in his rookie season, 12 mins this season.

As for Jimmy Butler, he then went on to play 37+ mins per game for the next few seasons, and he turned into a pretty damn good player. Also, he was picked 30th.
      Last edited by A.I; Sun Jan 3, 2016, 04:59 PM.

Comment

There ya go. The quantifiable data is ignored when it doesn't fit the narrative, and the narrative is changed.
        Well, I don't know how quantifiable that data was, nor how properly applied. I mean, Jimmy Butler was a 30th overall pick, shouldn't his playing time be compared to Wright and BeBe and Powell, late picks, rather than a lottery pick like JV or Ross?
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You haven't been around long enough, it seems.

The Demar haters (your words) are mostly the same ones who are hating on Casey.

Also, your Pop reps everyone comment doesn't hold up to the facts.

Pops doesn't play rookies all that much either.

Stop hating on Casey and rep the team like you're supposed to. Casey is a good guy who has our team winning. He isn't perfect, but nobody is.

DOG THE QUESTIONS YOUNG REPPERS, THINK DOG! POPOVICH GIVES EVERYONE A CHANCE ON THE COURT:

Kawhi Leonard 23 years old 31.8mins

2 Tim Duncan 38 years old 28.9mins

3 Tony Parker 32Years Old 28.7 mins

4 Danny Green 27years old 28.5mins

5 Boris Diaw 32years old 24.5mins

6 Manu Ginobili 37years old 22.7 mins

7 Marco Belinelli 28years old 22.4mins

8 Tiago Splitter 30years old 19.8mins

9 Cory Joseph 23years old 79 14 18.3mins

10 Aron Baynes 28years old 70 17 16.0mins

. 12 Matt Bonner 34years old 72 19 13.0minutes

13 Kyle Anderson 21years old 33 8 10.8minutes

14 Austin Daye 26years old 26 4 10.3minutes

14 REPPERS WITH DOUBLE DIGIT MINUTES OUT OF 17 GUYS WHO THEY REPPED ALL LAST SEASON!!!

OH YEAH SAN ANTONIO WON!!! 55!!! GAMES!!! LAST YEAR WITH THAT KIND OF LINEUPS!!!!

CASEY A BAD COACH WHO HURTS THE CAREERS OF GUYS WHO DESERVE TO REP INISDE GAMES

CASEY A COACH WHO SEEMS DETERMINED TO STOP TORONTO FROM WINNING A BASKETBALL TITLE!!
          Last edited by CB4Champ; Sun Jan 3, 2016, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• For me the playing time of young guys isn't my main concern and I want Casey replaced. But that's more because I don't like his lack of creativity on offense and fake defensive reputation which he really just leeched off Carslisle who is one of the best defensive coaches with numerous elite teams in Dallas Indiana and Detroit

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• My #firecasey level has been on simmer for most of the last month or so, but this loss was on him far more than on any player. Awful lineups in the last half of the fourth, and awful play-calling the last few timeouts.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                My #firecasey level has been on simmer for most of the last month or so, but this loss was on him far more than on any player. Awful lineups in the last half of the fourth, and awful play-calling the last few timeouts.
                Holy shit this loss was bad for Casey. Just awful coaching. Not to mention we had a shot to tie or win with 4 seconds to go and didn't use the timeout we had left to draw up a play.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• chicago loss is all on Casey's moronic substitutions and total lack of any real offence beyond ISO at the end of games.

What else is new?

Comment

Yeah, all these coaches that give more playing time to rookies to develop, eh. I was asked yesterday for quantifiable data to support my opinion. Well, here's quantifiable data to say you guys are talking out of......

Pop?
                    He's had so few 1st rounders, never mind lottery picks, in recent years, but even current all-star Kawhi played exact same
                    MPGs his 1st year as JV got, but word here is that JV was held back.
                    Despite that, there has to be more examples than 1 to support a "Pop finds minutes for young guys", right?
                    Recent 1st rounders, if we're also talking the likes of Wright, like some are:
                    Kyle Anderson 10.8 MPG 1st yr, 12.1 MPG 2nd yr
                    Cory Joseph, over 4 yrs, (games/mpg): 29/9, 28/14, 68/14, 79/18

Thibs?
                    1st yr, Jimmy Butler averaged 8.5 MPG in only 42 games, compared to JV's 24 and Ross's 17,,,
                    2nd yr averaged 26 MPG compared to JV's 28 and Ross's 26.7
                    McDermott, 1st yr averaged 8.9 MPG in only 36 games played, is averaging 21.7 MPG his 2nd yr, far less than JV's or Ross's 2nd yrs 28/27

Hoiberg/Portis?
                    In 1st 24 games, Portis had 20 DNP/CDs, and averaged 7 MPG in 4 games played, with more than half of that vs PHI in 2 games, until injuries forced his use

Spo?
                    Been a while since Miami had a lottery pick, but in 2008, the great Pat Riley drafted Beasley 2nd overall, when the likes of Westbrook, Love, Gallinari, Ibaka were on the board. Beasley averaged less than JV in his 1st year, and his development was so good, look what happened to him.

Vogel?
                    Again, not many picks, especially lottery to serve as examples of the narrative, but:
                    #23 pick Solomon Hill played 8 MPG in 28 games his first yr. 2nd yr minutes jumped up huge with PG out, 3rd yr averaging 9.5 MPG in 17 games
                    2015 lottery pick, Myles Turner has only played 11 games, averaging 16 MPG, far less than JV's rookie yr, even less than Ross's

SVG?

Stanley Johnson, last year's lottery pick: average MPG so far, less than JV's 1st yr, and only a few minutes more than Ross, though the year is far from over.

The quantifiable data doesn't support the narrative at all
                    While I appreciate the effort to find data, I don't think you have nearly enough of the picture here.

So ill start with this background info since you're newish around here. http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...ness-vs-vision

From there;

Our 2 current rookies have played 71 and 17 minutes each. Powell has appearances in 12 games and has 5 inactive, so he's played 71 minutes in 29 eligible games. Delon has 10 inactive, 19 DNP-CD, and 5 game appearances for 17 minutes.

Bebe was inactive for about 55 games last year with 21 DNP - CD, and 6 games played for 23 minutes. This year, he has 107 minutes 11 DNP - CD, 11 games played and 12 inactive.

Pop has 2 rookies this year in Simmons and Marjanovic. Both older rookies (26 - 27) but still rookies. They have logged 268 and 129 minutes this year. Last year's rookie Kyle Anderson has 398 minutes this year and had 358 last year.

Spo has 2 rookies this year, Winslow and Josh Richardson. Played 791 and 120 minutes so far. Last year they had 3 rookies log over 600 minutes.

I'm not going to bother addressing the other teams since Pop and Spo were the two I brought up. But the facts are quite glaring, minutes can clearly be found. D-League minutes are great but they don't apply to DNP - CD games.

So in terms of NBA minutes logged for their development, Kyle Anderson (picked later than any of our rookies except Powell) will have 748 minutes in less and a year and a half. Bebe has 130 over that same time despite being drafted 16th v 30th (in separate draft classes) after a year spent overseas.

Still believe there is nothing to this?
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      Holy shit this loss was bad for Casey. Just awful coaching. Not to mention we had a shot to tie or win with 4 seconds to go and didn't use the timeout we had left to draw up a play.
                      We were out of timeouts.

Comment

We were out of timeouts.

You're right, my bad. Still was awful coaching.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                          chicago loss is all on Casey's moronic substitutions and total lack of any real offence beyond ISO at the end of games.

What else is new?
                          Casey tried a bunch of things tonight. I think we only play the Bulls once more before the playoffs roll around - and we could see them in a big playoff match-up eventually.

There are nights when the you're just looking for a win (against a mediocre Western conference team, let's say). But there might be nights when you'd like to try some things, just to see. Given how Butler "went off", and the result, it's not easy to see what the coaches might have wanted to learn ... but who knows?

Comment

You're right, my bad. Still was awful coaching.
                            Double-down, baby - all the real bad boys do.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                              Casey tried a bunch of things tonight. I think we only play the Bulls once more before the playoffs roll around - and we could see them in a big playoff match-up eventually.

There are nights when the you're just looking for a win (against a mediocre Western conference team, let's say). But there might be nights when you'd like to try some things, just to see. Given how Butler "went off", and the result, it's not easy to see what the coaches might have wanted to learn ... but who knows?
                              First 6:15 of the fourth quarter: Butler went 2/4, with 1 turnover, for 6 points.
                              Last 5:45 of the fourth quarter: Butler went 5/6, 13 points with 2 assists.

What happened at 5:45 of the fourth quarter? Casey subbed out the guy who was guarding Butler and left him on the bench until the last 24 seconds of the game.

Who's responsible for that? I'd guess the coach.

Comment

First 6:15 of the fourth quarter: Butler went 2/4, with 1 turnover, for 6 points.
                                Last 5:45 of the fourth quarter: Butler went 5/6, 13 points with 2 assists.

What happened at 5:45 of the fourth quarter? Casey subbed out the guy who was guarding Butler and left him on the bench until the last 24 seconds of the game.

Who's responsible for that? I'd guess the coach.
                                And that is just directly.

What about indirectly?

How about subbing JV in to clog?

How about slowing pace of play and letting JV abuse Gibson?

How about taking the bull by the horns, Casey?

Comment

Working...
                                X