#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Is wrote: View Post
    I danced around that by pointing out him explicitly wanting Lowry traded over Calderon.

Once more...that's not what happened. There was a "system" that was built around a player...and that player wasn't Lowry.
    WHAT THE??? Yo Just, That Ting About Casey true??
    He desired Lowry to get Traded and Calderon To Stay???

Comment

• What due is Casey owed?

Since Rudy Gay was traded, he has had some regular season success.

His teams have been wildly inconsistent.

He continually reacts and tries to match what the other team is doing versus hurting them for attempting to exploit his team.

The offense relies on DeMar and Lowry doing their thing - no creative ingenuity or magic X's/O's marker present.

The defense has been totally changed from his scramble to a much more conventional D implemented by Greer and based off Thibs principles.

The inability to match the opposing team coach come playoff time has been glaring and obvious.

3-8 in the playoffs.

0 series wins.

What exactly is Casey owed?

Trying to be objective, because I do recognize my bias when it comes to Casey, I can only think of 2:
      1) he has had decent regular season success (decent in terms of league, really good given Raptors franchise history),
      2) he does get his players to play hard for him.

Other than that......I'm stuck.

Comment

• CB4Champ wrote: View Post
        WHAT THE??? Yo Just, That Ting About Casey true??
        He desired Lowry to get Traded and Calderon To Stay???
        It was around just before the Rudy trade; the rumour at the time was that management wanted Calderon traded but Casey was pushing for Lowry to be traded.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
          It was around just before the Rudy trade; the rumour at the time was that management wanted Calderon traded but Casey was pushing for Lowry to be traded.
          Source?
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Eliza wrote: View Post
            Hmmmm, how many gaskets going to blow here when Casey's option is picked up, or better still he's extended?
            At minimum, the exact same number of gaskets that blew when he drew up a play on the wrong side of the court on the deciding play of a playoff series. NEVER FORGET
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Eliza wrote: View Post
              Shame on Casey for working with Kyle to become an actual PG and pass the ball more, instead of going 1 on 5 every other possession, usually driving into the paint to find himself surrounded by trees. Shame on coach for making KL uncomfortable pushing him to be better.

I'm interested in what source there is for Casey wanting Lowry traded and Jose kept, but with all this talk of Casey mishandling, or hating on Kyle, it's amazing that Kyle resigned to play for that coach, shortly after he was extended himself. I'm thinking Kyle, whose a little closer to the situation, has a different story than that told here :-)

It's funny how JVG's comments are easily dismissed, but if no nothing out of town announcer types say something critical about the Raps, or Casey in particular, some jump all over it as confirmation of their opinions. Oh well.

I haven't noticed anyone mention Masai's comment while in London. I'm paraphrasing, but when asked, not directly about Casey, but about how he feels about the Raps good situation with standings/record, despite the rough early schedule and missing so many starters' games, his response was "Coach Casey is doing a GREAT job". This was not a directed question that MU did the PR thing with, but MU volunteering coach Casey's work in explaining the success. Hmmmm, how many gaskets going to blow here when Casey's option is picked up, or better still he's extended?
              Its going to hilarious but, I'm sure poster will find another excuses like they did last summer. Like the whole MLSE didn't want spend money lol
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Casey a absolute terrible Coach.

The Raptors have the Team to win the Title This year...

Casey seemed to try to desperately sabotage the Chances of the Squad Winning inside the Playoffs.

Look at Coach Carlise who Basically forces his Reppers to take a rest.

Carlisie even said that he got into argumente with certain reppers who tried to keep repping(

Guys Need to rest, Look what Happened to Ma Brotha Derrick Rose and that dog coach thibs.....

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Personally his opinions mean more to me than anyone here that watches the games
                  JVG also had JV on his allstar team last year. The same JV who is a bad defender and shouldnt play in the 4th according to you.
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    JVG also had JV on his allstar team last year. The same JV who is a bad defender and shouldnt play in the 4th according to you.
                    Actually, I think it was Stan but, you can be an All-star and still be a liability on D. People keep saying that I don't like JV but, that's not true. JV is a talented young center. I just feel that raptors should be in win now mode and after resigning DD this summer JV is our best assets to improve this roster.

I like JV a lot more this year with BB there to make up for his weakness'. Those two compliment each other very well.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      yeah but THIS time JVG said something that Christian can use in his weirdly fanatical pro-Casey anti-JV arguments.

Comment

Actually, I think it was Stan but, you can be an All-star and still be a liability on D. People keep saying that I don't like JV but, that's not true. JV is a talented young center. I just feel that raptors should be in win now mode and after resigning DD this summer JV is our best assets to improve this roster.

I like JV a lot more this year with BB there to make up for his weakness'. Those two compliment each other very well.
                        Win now with what?

Also, bolded: I agree. Biyombo is really good at warming the bench. JV wasn't, that's why Casey kept trying to teach him by putting him in that situation.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                          Win now with what?

Also, bolded: I agree. Biyombo is really good at warming the bench. JV wasn't, that's why Casey kept trying to teach him by putting him in that situation.
                          Pretty sure JV has gotten pretty good at warming the bench over his NBA career.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Pretty sure JV has gotten pretty good at warming the bench over his NBA career.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              In the future, if you are going to play the race card, you should be really sure you know what you're talking about.

Casey doesn't have patience for young players, not white ones. He had a quick hook for Ed Davis. He gives minutes to weirdos like Vasquez and Hansbrough, and Val has played more minutes than Amir anyway.

In terms of calling plays, that just speaks to Casey's rigid mindset... players have very defined roles for Casey, and they don't deviate from that. Val is mostly a garbageman, Ross is a spot-up shooter, Lou is the iso-master at the end of quarters. Has nothing to do with black or white.

But most importantly... Dwane is married to a white woman, Brenda.
                              Also, he's married to a white woman and his kid wears a JV jersey.

Comment

• Arsenalist

As Much as The Picture of Casey and His Family Warms My Heart,

Casey Seeming to be a Great father, Does not change My Opinion.

He Needs to go for The good of The team, Sigh

Comment

Working...
                                X