No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look, i've been defending DC since day one but i'm starting to think that it might be time for a coaching change after this season. If the Raps keeps playing like this, they'll finish 4th maybe rven 5th. The Raps are.too good to finish 4th in the East.

It really feels like 14-15 all over again. That year they just completely copletely collapsed. I think it all.started in January just like this season.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Q:> If the Raps take a big step back this season - does Lowry stay? Given Lowry's uneasy alliance with Casey, does he push for Masai to hire a new coach as a condition to re-sign as a FA this off-season?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Q:> If the Raps take a big step back this season - does Lowry stay? Given Lowry's uneasy alliance with Casey, does he push for Masai to hire a new coach as a condition to re-sign as a FA this off-season?
        we can only hope

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Q:> If the Raps take a big step back this season - does Lowry stay? Given Lowry's uneasy alliance with Casey, does he push for Masai to hire a new coach as a condition to re-sign as a FA this off-season?
          It's tough to see Lowry pushing for a new coach since the current one lets him have about as much freedom to do as he pleases without consequence, as possible.

Comment

• I said this in another game that, even when the Raptors were slumping, they were still playing well enough to win those games. It mainly comes down to rotation choices ... some that are JUST undefendable.

Casey needs some better Assistant Coaches.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
              I said this in another game that, even when the Raptors were slumping, they were still playing well enough to win those games. It mainly comes down to rotation choices ... some that are JUST undefendable.

Yep they haven't really been blown out at all they've all been a posession or two. Simple adjustments like more jv powell and fvv/wright less bebe carroll and cojo and they're sitting firmly in 2nd hot on the heels of 1st
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                I said this in another game that, even when the Raptors were slumping, they were still playing well enough to win those games. It mainly comes down to rotation choices ... some that are JUST undefendable.

I was worried about that in the off-season. Raps lost a strong voice in Andy Greer and then back-filled him with some newbie named Patrick Mutombo. Mark Jackson lost his job in GSW in large part over the issue of hiring weak assistant coaches, who are essentially yes men, which is a sign of insecurity and self-serving politics.

Comment

• The NetRtg of every Eastern Conference team's most-used lineup compared to the team's overall NetRtg. Make your own conclusions. (Philly ��) pic.twitter.com/OM140e7bzx
                  — Andy Bailey (@AndrewDBailey) February 8, 2017.
                  The line up we use most often is rated the WORST in the entire Eastern Conference (even the damn Nets have a better rating). Referring to KL, DD, Carroll, Siakam and JV...

Casey you basketball savant!

Comment

• Remember this BS quote from Casey, the one that was him "calling out" JV?

"If your big guys don't dominate, you have to go small," Casey said. "I tell Jonas [Valanciunas]: 'Oh, you want to play more? Then dominate. I don't want to see fadeaways over 6-8 guys. Get to the rim. Get every offensive rebound. If not, you're coming out.'"
                    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ring-explosion

What a load of bull. JV scored 10 points on 4 shots in the 3rd Q, with an assist and 3 rebounds in 10 minutes, and no turnovers, and didn't play in the 4th until the last possession. That 3rd Q performance translates to per 36 averages of 35 points (on 100% shooting), 3 assists, 10 rebounds. How much more dominant could he possibly be?

The Siakam starting lineup was a disaster in that Q, good for -11 in 6 minutes, but the following 4 minutes of JV's play were with BeBe or Poeltl beside him and the Raps were +7 in that time.

There is no logic to it. Madness.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                      The line up we use most often is rated the WORST in the entire Eastern Conference (even the damn Nets have a better rating). Referring to KL, DD, Carroll, Siakam and JV...

Glass half full: Raps have talented role players (i.e. Lowry + Bench).

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Remember this BS quote from Casey, the one that was him "calling out" JV?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ring-explosion

What a load of bull. JV scored 10 points on 4 shots in the 3rd Q, with an assist and 3 rebounds in 10 minutes, and no turnovers, and didn't play in the 4th until the last possession. That 3rd Q performance translates to per 36 averages of 35 points (on 100% shooting), 3 assists, 10 rebounds. How much more dominant could he possibly be?

The Siakam starting lineup was a disaster in that Q, good for -11 in 6 minutes, but the following 4 minutes of JV's play were with BeBe or Poeltl beside him and the Raps were +7 in that time.

There is no logic to it. Madness.
                        Another recent gem to get inside the mind of Casey, on how to utilize JV:

Raptors coach Dwane Casey said before the Raptors’ win in Brooklyn on Sunday. “Jonas, I think he does a better job when plays are not called for him. The ball kind of finds him and he does a better job.”
                        https://theathletic.com/37528/2017/0...rozan-was-out/

Comment

• I'm not a big fan of Dwane Casey.

Comment

• casey vs. his rock, who is smarter?

Comment

• Casey's definitely on the spectrum. Probably somewhere between autistic and retarded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post

I had no issue with it early on in the season if they wanted to experiment with different combos, felt Siakam had earned a shot and wanted Patterson off the bench. But going back to it now makes little sense. Siakam should not be seeing extended minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X