#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cinqueda wrote: View Post
    #fire casey seems like a thread where you would expect some casey hate. I realize JV is almost always first off by rotation, and is poor on defensive rotations. But in a clearly anti casey thread I'll take an opportunity to take a jab at our coach, a fairly justified one in this case I feel.
    That's fair, and I wasn't specifically talking about you. There's plenty of criticism of Casey that is warranted and the yo-yo minutes for JV in certain games is certainly one of them. So much BS being posted these days that it's hard to pick out the credible posts though.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      wouldn't mind the losses if we ran stuff like this on a nightly basis. this is basically what's stopping us from being really good. defense will make us championship contenders.

(lol chalmers)
      That's beautiful basketball. I wish stuff like that was highlight of the night material instead of just breakaway dunks and halfcourt buzzer beaters.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
        That's fair, and I wasn't specifically talking about you. There's plenty of criticism of Casey that is warranted and the yo-yo minutes for JV in certain games is certainly one of them. So much BS being posted these days that it's hard to pick out the credible posts though.
        Yeah I went back to the game thread and there were a few pages of casey hate, a lot of his coaching bothers me, not playing jj on tyreke for the final play against pelicans, playing gv, lou, ross, hansbrough and amir when we need stops, more than we need iso step back 3s. but this thread's where I'll mention all that stuff.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
          I was actually referring to this.

Unless you've been attending practice or on the team, you're making this shit up. It makes you look stupid, and hurts your overall argument.

It's great to have an opinion, but try sticking to observable facts instead of this ridiculous conjecture if you expect people to take you seriously. It's fun to speculate on the inner-workings of the team, but really that's all it is.

And it's impossible for Casey to be a moron. He has a lot of flaws as a coach but you can't really build a 20-plus year career in NBA by being completely incompetent. If Casey were fired and suddenly available there would be a lot of teams interested in him, based on his stints on the Timberwolves, Mavs and yes, the Raptors.
          Man, Raptors999 is the smartest poster here so, maybe take it easy on him,,,

(ps. I agree with you)
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
            This board has become unbearable lately.
            In the quick reaction they talk about how guys missed open shots, then comment about how Caseys offense is shit.

um, if they got open shots against MEMPHIS (not Philadelphia) MEMPHIS! and just couldn't hit them, how is that Casey's fault? Like I said in another post, the point is OPEN shots against MEMPHIS. Just gotta start hitting shots again, slumps happen. It's January.
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

• The players got themselves open shots. Casey had nothing to do with it. I refuse to credit Casey with any drawn up play because he has none. Last time I was impressed with his out of bounds plays was back in game 7 of the playoffs when we had a chance to win.

Players hit open shots that are in the flow of the offence. Lowry fading away is not an open shot

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                In the quick reaction they talk about how guys missed open shots, then comment about how Caseys offense is shit.

um, if they got open shots against MEMPHIS (not Philadelphia) MEMPHIS! and just couldn't hit them, how is that Casey's fault? Like I said in another post, the point is OPEN shots against MEMPHIS. Just gotta start hitting shots again, slumps happen. It's January.
                Open shots in flow is important. It's why Korver is killing it. Players have favorite spots and just being open isn't the same as getting a shot on the better side or corner. This requires a gameplan.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Open shots in flow is important. It's why Korver is killing it. Players have favorite spots and just being open isn't the same as getting a shot on the better side or corner. This requires a gameplan.
                  which casey doesn't have. you can't really call a transition three or a fadeaway three "open" when it's highly inefficient

Comment

Couldn't agree more. Lowry and Demar are way better in catch and shoot plays. I'm sure Lou would have success as well but he always needs to turn it into an ISO situation with too many dribbles.

Comment

• slogan wrote: View Post
                      Couldn't agree more. Lowry and Demar are way better in catch and shoot plays. I'm sure Lou would have success as well but he always needs to turn it into an ISO situation with too many dribbles.
                      Demar was better when he took one or two dribbles after a catch or screen for his shot then his Kyrie imitation.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                        wouldn't mind the losses if we ran stuff like this on a nightly basis. this is basically what's stopping us from being really good. defense will make us championship contenders.

(lol chalmers)
                        we dont have the players to run any of those i wish we did too

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                          Any NBA team can run those plays. It's not that hard and doesn't take elite personnel. It just takes a bit more creativity than Casey can muster. "2 screens? No! No! One screen, ignore roll man, then iso."

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                            Im not sure what's your current impression about our players but it seems to me that you think of them as a bunch of guys drafted from baseketball league...
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Dumbass KG was leaving as a FA.

Garnett effectively blocked the Celtics' first attempt at trading for him by making it clear, through agent Andy Miller, that he would opt out of the final year of his contract (worth $23 million) and leave the Celtics via free agency in the summer of 2008. Had the original trade gone through, Boston potentially would have been parting with blossoming Jefferson for a one-year Garnett rental.

TWolves fired Casey for poor defence, adjustments and rotations there was no indication they would have improved. Use a link instead of just idiotic comments. Will take every post you've made to create a uneducated moron wall. When I have time
                              Here's a link to the 2006-2007 roster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006%E2...rwolves_season

You ponder it and tell me what the ceiling of that team is. .500 seems pretty good to me.

P.S. Take all the time you need, bud. Let me know when you stop hyperventilating.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gMc4Z9vqc0

"T-Ross gave us a lift off the bench"

0/3

Comment

Working...
                                X