• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Really?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        Really?
        Yup

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          An odd characterization of my posting. I've criticized Casey's time management, EOG management and personnel usage over the years. I've also written repeatedly that I'm completely ambivalent about Casey staying or going.

I do find myself in the odd position of repeatedly defending Casey because so much of the criticism is over the top and, frankly, wrong headed. I believe a lot of it is based on coach fatigue and I do think there is a certain group of posters that suffer from Casey Derangement Syndrome in terms of calling him imbecilic, etc. I don't think everyone on the board agrees with that, including me, so I tend to push back against that sort of stuff.

Don't mistake my disagreeing with you on one hand as me always taking a black and white position on Casey....
          So you repeatedly defend Casey against a "deranged" group of posters yet your only defence to someone calling Casey out for poor defensive play over years despite a stable roster is to compare the situation to another team's offensive variation with an unstable roster. If that's all you have then perhaps you need to accept that you aren't posting as the voice of reason you seem to believe; you are in fact stretching to offer a feeble defence of the coach.

I think it's more clear this year that Casey just isn't that good of a coach and we simply have a good roster. We are still seeing the same issues this year as we have seen for the last few seasons and the excuses just don't hold water anymore. We aren't a team just happy to make the playoffs anymore.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

An odd characterization of my posting. I've criticized Casey's time management, EOG management and personnel usage over the years. I've also written repeatedly that I'm completely ambivalent about Casey staying or going.

I do find myself in the odd position of repeatedly defending Casey because so much of the criticism is over the top and, frankly, wrong headed. I believe a lot of it is based on coach fatigue and I do think there is a certain group of posters that suffer from Casey Derangement Syndrome in terms of calling him imbecilic, etc. I don't think everyone on the board agrees with that, including me, so I tend to push back against that sort of stuff.

Don't mistake my disagreeing with you on one hand as me always taking a black and white position on Casey....
            There only 2 positions you can have here slaw. Hate him or love him, there is no middle ground.

Just so you know, if you love him, you will be considered a moron. Also, making any reasonable argument supporting him, no matter how many times you criticize him equates to you loving him.
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              So you repeatedly defend Casey against a "deranged" group of posters yet your only defence to someone calling Casey out for poor defensive play over years despite a stable roster is to compare the situation to another team's offensive variation with an unstable roster. If that's all you have then perhaps you need to accept that you aren't posting as the voice of reason you seem to believe; you are in fact stretching to offer a feeble defence of the coach.

I think it's more clear this year that Casey just isn't that good of a coach and we simply have a good roster. We are still seeing the same issues this year as we have seen for the last few seasons and the excuses just don't hold water anymore. We aren't a team just happy to make the playoffs anymore.
              Your hatred blinds you.
              Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                Your hatred blinds you.
                An another well reasoned post, gold star sir. With great posts like this it's a wonder more people haven't been swayed.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• This feels like the new DeRozan thread
                  OG is our king

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    An another well reasoned post, gold star sir. With great posts like this it's a wonder more people haven't been swayed.
                    My reasoning is all over this forum. Thanks for the gold star.
                    Because its 2015

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                      This feels like the new DeRozan thread
                      Just read the last few pages..this thread is tense! Lol im outta this one
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Just read the last few pages..this thread is tense! Lol im outta this one
                        Pick a side Keon..... Although, I must warn you..... If you say anything good about Casey often enough, you will be branded.

Lots of reasonable hardcore fans in the middle or on the positive side...... Do not worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree re: b/w or absolutist-type thinking.

I'd say Casey is mediocre so imo that means he does things well and poorly. Mediocre doesn't equate to greatness, which is why Im skeptical that he's our man in the long term. However, I am encouraged that he benches demar and I've liked some of the rotations lately. He's grown since he got here and he can improve more but again, I'm skeptical whether his timeline of growth matches our window to compete. People can surprise you tho!
                          There's also a lot of politics and circumstances that we don't know of behind closed doors that may or may not have anything to do with competency.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            I watch every game...

I just couldn't care less about basketball aesthetics and realize that how tough it is win the NBA, let alone when you're down key players and have one of the younger rosters out there.
                            People on this forum dont understand how hard it is to win consistently. You think they would knowing Raptor history.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                              Pick a side Keon..... Although, I must warn you..... If you say anything good about Casey often enough, you will be branded.

Lots of reasonable hardcore fans in the middle or on the positive side...... Do not worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Well, since you asked..lol

I think caseys a good coach. Great coach? Hell no. I don't think he's a very good strategist, and his rotations leave a lot to desired. But he keeps the team winning over the long haul, and the following players have overachieved in their "career development expectations" under casey: lowry, derozan, powell, ross, Patterson, bebe.. and hell rookies and trades usually fit in seamlessly. A lot of that is the front office, but a lot is coaching as well.

The elephant in the room of course in every discussion Is valanciunas. I think valanciunas could be a 20 and 10 guy in the right environment, and I think a defensive system could be better tailored to "hide" him a little more, as in, keep him near the basket. WITH THAT SAID, the raptors system isn't working as well for him, and the numbers don't lie, we're only "good, ok or less than ok" when jv is on the court. These other units are working, so I see now why he sits.
                              Last edited by KeonClark; Sat Mar 4, 2017, 07:50 PM.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I think a lot of people's hatred for Casey has to do with his usage of JV.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X