No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've come to terms with the fact that Casey will be the coach of this team until Masai decides to blow it up.

3 years left.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Poeltl disappearing from the rotation is really weird. Like, really, really weird. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it.

I mean, I understand wanting to keep to two C's in the rotation, but a) choosing BeBe over Poeltl is silly and b) when you've got a situational scenario like last night (ie the starters suck big time), how does Poeltl not get those minutes? We're surprisingly three deep at both PF and C (contrary to the apparent lack of 4 depth before the season), how do you trot Ibaka and JV back out there in the 4th? There is no logic to it.
      JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      One logical explanation: Casey was concerned about how JV and/or Ibaka would respond to being benched for the 4th.
      I think the much more logical explanation is that we are showcasing JV/Bebe for trades.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I've come to terms with the fact that Casey will be the coach of this team until Masai decides to blow it up.

3 years left.
        You never know. Masai might keep him through the rebuild too.

Someone has to explain the giant rock to the draft picks.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          I think the much more logical explanation is that we are showcasing JV/Bebe for trades.
          I agree. Except i think it wasn't a good idea to use this game to showcase JV.......He looked slow and terrible defensively. If i'm a GM, i'm turned off from getting the guy because he'll get slaughtered in the pick n roll.

I don't know what it is about Gortat.....But whenever JV matches up against him, JV looks real bad. Gortat is much quicker and seems to have a better basketball IQ than JV.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            I guess? But with the way they were playing, a message was worth sending.
            last night to me honestly looked like JV was sending a message that he's not going to play for casey anymore.

that may be the first time i've seen him just actually not give a shit. not entirely impossible to understand, but not acceptable either.

I don't know what the fuck ibaka's problem is but i can clearly see why orlando was happy to get rid of him now.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              special1 wrote: View Post
              I agree. Except i think it wasn't a good idea to use this game to showcase JV.......He looked slow and terrible defensively. If i'm a GM, i'm turned off from getting the guy because he'll get slaughtered in the pick n roll.

I don't know what it is about Gortat.....But whenever JV matches up against him, JV looks real bad. Gortat is much quicker and seems to have a better basketball IQ than JV.
              I'm not convinced that Masai/Casey ever use this "showcasing" strategy, especially for a player as inconsistent as Jonas. Giving him unearned minutes could just as easily hurt his trade value.

I think the most logical explanation is simply Casey sticking to his rotations like they're written in stone, because that's what he's most comfortable with.

Comment

• Maybe he expected JV to not completely shit the bed? Is it too much to expect starters to perform now? JV is highest paid centre on this team and he fucking blew it.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Anyways with roster like this we need elite coach at least. Casey is not that. We need upgrade.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    Anyways with roster like this we need elite coach at least. Casey is not that. We need upgrade.
                    Can you name any elite coaches that are available? I can't really think of any.....

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                      Can you name any elite coaches that are available? I can't really think of any.....
                      David Blatt, Messina.

Comment

• Casey is implementing exactly the system everyone wants them to play. Some of the players either don’t like it or can’t play it effectively. Who is at fault here?

It’s becoming pretty clear that Casey has been getting as much as possible out of this roster over the past 3 years, and that it’s not a system issue at all. Maybe the system they played last year actually maximized the talents of the roster? Maybe the roster really isn’t suited to play GSW style basketball.

If they’re committed to playing this style, they need to stick with it, let the chips fall where they may, and start replacing players that will never fit with players who do. It could very well be a slow process. The bottom line is that your starters need to be able to close games; you don’t adjust game by game based on who you think is playing well that day. If your roster is that inconsistent, especially the starter, then you have a real problem.
                        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• It's not been 10 games yet. You would think it's a bit too early to give up on your starting big man unit that is making a combined $35M.

You can always point to the coach as the guy to blame in any loss, but man the effort this team and especially the starters displays sometimes is pathetic. I understand the focus and effort it takes to bring "it" for 82 games must be tremendous, but Washinton is a clear rival in the East. We should have been sending a message instead of validating every sports journalist whom constantly ranks us below the Washington's and Boston's each season.

Anyway, can't get too high or low over any one win or loss. Just want to see them play with more urgency against the teams which matter.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            It's not been 10 games yet. You would think it's a bit too early to give up on your starting big man unit that is making a combined $35M.

You can always point to the coach as the guy to blame in any loss, but man the effort this team and especially the starters displays sometimes is pathetic. I understand the focus and effort it takes to bring "it" for 82 games must be tremendous, but Washinton is a clear rival in the East. We should have been sending a message instead of validating every sports journalist whom constantly ranks us below the Washington's and Boston's each season.

Anyway, can't get too high or low over any one win or loss. Just want to see them play with more urgency against the teams which matter.
                            Yeah if they were playing hard but losing I would say give it some time. But it's just no energy and no fight in starting line up. Inconsistent as fuck. Starters should set the tone. Not wait for bench to bail them out.

Comment

Yeah if they were playing hard but losing I would say give it some time. But it's just no energy and no fight in starting line up. Inconsistent as fuck. Starters should set the tone. Not wait for bench to bail them out.
                              Sadly, relying on bench bailouts has been our M.O. for a few years now.

Comment

I look at the Portland game as an example of a game Casey was willing to lose in order to rest both JV and Ibaka to get them healthy. I'm sure his main focus is to get everyone playing their best in time for the playoffs, so early on he'd rather see how they will respond than care about every win. Losing a game here an there for that purpose isn't going to be an issue for him.

I'm hoping it pays off.

Comment

Working...
                                X